does anyone else see the oddity... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

does anyone else see the oddity...

so jemsite is a fun site, becasue you can spread the love of guitars

but theres a few people on here that are jolly as jello when it comes to thing
i got a messsage, from a irritating fellow, and i followed up on it, and found hes aout right just some child, neverthe less i noticed there are a few other people here to claim to be the real gestapo...i mean its like if someone has issues, isnt it a public forum?? why do poeple go around harassing others. sometimes its a person with bad english from another country, and sometimes it for other things. the point im trying to make is you dont need to be on here for 5 years with 1 post a day fo make ur exsistance revelant

isnt this for the love of guitars, i cant name hoe many giuitars ive stripped and redone, maybe 20+, maybe not as many as some of you, and i still like to learn what some of you have to say and offer...or the countless amps i pulled pout of dumpsters, and completely rebuild just to sell on cl for pocket cash. i cannot design them, but i certainly can rebuild resolder and trace down components. then i see people for instance assuming they are the gods of the forum, and they can tell me what i am or arent capable of.

i have some guys sending me pm's with inteligent convo, wich is gret fun, then i have some really anal "jelous" ill put it, guys sending me hate mail trying to disect things ive done as thier fairy tale...

i mean do you really think i care that you want to pull things i say out of context just to benefit a point you make..??? wich isnt a point when you manipulate facts to bring them on your post as they arent how they were stated the first time

so i go to add, has this place become unofficialy controlled by kids who imitate people, i got a pm from soem guy claiming hes endorsed, and that makes him the king of facts, and since i cant play as well as him - i must step down...

point being - this is a forum about guitars, i think everyone should freely express how they feel about guitars, either if they want advice or if they want to give it

nobody tells you, and i certainaly dont...tell anyne they are wrong, or they are bad, or stupid for thinking that way..hell heres blues guys out there who swear on stock guitars with no mods and low gain amps being tone heaven...and theres some guys out there using a million wat amps with zillion tubes and love it

ya know

why cant people just get along

why is it it always comming down to put downs about people lives, hardships, or personal assumptions...as if you, across the worlds, could actually argue about life in the US, isnt that why people in the US dont know the ins and outs of the UK, and the people in the UK, arent as familiar with the US. morals are different, opinions are different, and lives are different...thats a fact

but theres no need to put people down over it

Last edited by losgatosrg350dx; 03-27-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM

Re: does anyone else see the oddity...

no offence.... but are you drunk?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM

try the other forums and you will see that this is a very friendly community...

some of the other forums are a bit of a joke where lines like..
"joo suck d0nk3y b4llz n00bzoorrr" appear with alarming regularity

damn it took me ages to type that trash... sorry guys...

but: tequilaking has a fair question there...
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

not at all! i almost never drink i hate that stuff makes so soo sick
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

i guess im just a really messed up person if ya'll think that way about it
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:11 PM

I wasn't making fun, but you seem pretty upset about something(s)

Like Jaden says, this is probably the most friendly guitar forum I've been on.

Most of the regular posters are really helpful and polite - yes there's some smart arses who are just sarcastic / rude for no other reason than they probably don't get out much.... but don't let a few nasty posts / pm's spoil your enjoyment of the board mate!

If the pm's or whatever you've had are offensive or have personally upset you should contact Glen and I'm sure he won't take that lightly

Last edited by TequilaKing; 03-27-2008 at 03:17 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:24 PM

You do tend to post far more than anyone else on the site, and you also post far more of your personal information than anyone on the site. That makes people who come here to talk about guitars VERY uncomfortable. Most posters here really just stick to guitars and other music related topics, but you post just about everything that pops into your head, it seems. Just an observation on my part.

Another thing to consider is that not only do you occasionally make very little sense (you posted in another thread that when you are "soo out of it on medications" that you can't do anything else, you post here!), but you also occasionally post absolute nonsense as if it is bible truth. No matter how bored you might otherwise be, that's simply disrespectful of the other site members.

It would be nice if the Internet was a one way street, and you could ask everyone to just be accepting and be done with it, but the internet isn't like that. I know you get some harrassment, but I also believe you get cut a lot of slack as well. I think if you didn't post when you were zonked on your meds, talked less about your personal life, and really just tried to stick to guitars and music you'd have an easier time of it. I don't want anyone to feel they aren't welcome here (unless the Mods tell someone they aren't welcome here ) but I think in your case you could go a little further to try and fit in a little better. "Why can't we just get along" is a two way street that often requires both sides to change, not just one. You seem to be asking everyone else to change to accomodate you.

Also, if anyone is harrassing you via PM, we won't stand for that. Feel free to make the mods aware and we will review the situation.

jim
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM

You're not messed up.

No matter how bad a person feels, or how bad their situation appears to be to themselves there is always someone worse off.

You're just vocalising your feelings at the moment, and for that I do respect you. You've left yourself open to attack.

At one stage I shared my feelings with this forum in a desperate cry for help. Those that were around that time helped, they helped quite a bit. Even those across the ocean helped.

Right now I'm back in that same place in my head under different circumstances, but I won't share that stuff on the internet anymore. Is it because of the way things are here on jemsite now? I'd like to think it isn't, and it's more a case of I've grown up and learnt to smile and pretend, and keep to myself...someone else is always worse off.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

losgatos, you are coming across a bit strong but atleast you're being honest about everything. If people are harassing you just take it on the chin, there are some really good people on jemsite.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
I wasn't making fun, but you seem pretty upset about something(s)

Like Jaden says, this is probably the most friendly guitar forum I've been on.

Most of the regular posters are really helpful and polite - yes there's some smart arses who are just sarcastic / rude for no other reason than they probably don't get out much.... but don't let a few nasty posts / pm's spoil your enjoyment of the board mate!

If the pm's or whatever you've had are offensive or have personally upset you should contact Glen and I'm sure he won't take that lightly
dude i love some of the poeple here....but some...hmm the world wouldnt have the UN if everyone loved each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
You do tend to post far more than anyone else on the site, and you also post far more of your personal information than anyone on the site. That makes people who come here to talk about guitars VERY uncomfortable. Most posters here really just stick to guitars and other music related topics, but you post just about everything that pops into your head, it seems. Just an observation on my part.

Another thing to consider is that not only do you occasionally make very little sense (you posted in another thread that when you are "soo out of it on medications" that you can't do anything else, you post here!), but you also occasionally post absolute nonsense as if it is bible truth. No matter how bored you might otherwise be, that's simply disrespectful of the other site members.

It would be nice if the Internet was a one way street, and you could ask everyone to just be accepting and be done with it, but the internet isn't like that. I know you get some harrassment, but I also believe you get cut a lot of slack as well. I think if you didn't post when you were zonked on your meds, talked less about your personal life, and really just tried to stick to guitars and music you'd have an easier time of it. I don't want anyone to feel they aren't welcome here (unless the Mods tell someone they aren't welcome here ) but I think in your case you could go a little further to try and fit in a little better. "Why can't we just get along" is a two way street that often requires both sides to change, not just one. You seem to be asking everyone else to change to accomodate you.

Also, if anyone is harrassing you via PM, we won't stand for that. Feel free to make the mods aware and we will review the situation.

jim
no im not about tattling, the PM goes both way, i just got some guy who thinks hes god and i should bow down to him and this opinions

but yeah i should just mellow out, in betwen stuff im up to and all...oh here where i live, jemsite is entertaining comparedt o counding the clouds in the sky

but i love where im at and i wouldnt trade it for the world!!!!
i dont hear any cars, or see people, its soo peacefull out here, sitting in my backyard, on jemsite..just enjoying life...love it

well i have to start driving to grassvalley soon, so ill be back on in a few hours

adios and yah, maybe i am just too forthcoming with stuff, i but certainaly dont post stuff to be a jerk or dog out bibble lecture it, its just the way i see things and how ive interpreted it over the years. maybe im just bad at expressing myself, as outgoing as i am - im still one of those people who does express themselves the best way, in person, i dont talk very much butmy thoughts are going miles a minute
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM

So there you go Just remember the give and take, relax a bit, and you'll have no worries.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 AM

You should be able to judge a community like this by the posts that you see.
Are they mostly crap, or fairly decent and respectful to the other members?
I think you will find the latter to be a good description of Jemsite.

So, if you're receiving a bunch of PM's that aren't in any way, shape, or form, representative of the community, you have to realize that either the jerks have nothing better to do, or maybe your approach to posting is setting them off.

Personally, which one do you think it is?

I have read many of your posts, and can only say that they usually require a couple of read-throughs to understand, and can sometimes be a little on the confrontational/hostile side.

So, step away from the caffeine, and take a deep breath...

I can only speak for myself, but after "too many years" on this board, I cannot say that I have ever received any PM's that were disrespectful or rude, and as far as I can tell the posts seem to be generally pleasant.

With the right approach, this board can be a pleasant place to visit for many years to come...

Enjoy the stay.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Smile Re: does anyone else see the oddity...

I know what you mean. I come here every day and love to look at the amazing work that other people do to their axes. But then I read all of the posts below that where everyone is chiming in with their personal preference about redoing something or changing something or you should ____. I get all kinds of great ideas of stuff I'd like to do... often from the ones that others say should be changed. I get that someone else's idea can get your own creative juices flowing, but some people come off like their artistic vision is better than everyone elses.

At times this place is like going back to high school and trying to figure out where you belong. That is often the problem with going to really big forums like this one, you don't get to really learn much about different people without just hanging out and reading tons of stuff.

SO, yeah. I'll contribute where I feel I can, but otherwise, it is best to just use it as a resource for problems you come across. There are plenty of friendly people around here, but there are always those people who would rather jump to conclusions about who you are and start talking out of their posteriors. They are everywhere in life... you either put them in their place or learn to ignore them.

Just keep on loving guitars! That is the only thing that keeps this place interesting.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sable View Post
I know what you mean. I come here every day and love to look at the amazing work that other people do to their axes. But then I read all of the posts below that where everyone is chiming in with their personal preference about redoing something or changing something or you should ____. I get all kinds of great ideas of stuff I'd like to do... often from the ones that others say should be changed. I get that someone else's idea can get your own creative juices flowing, but some people come off like their artistic vision is better than everyone elses.

At times this place is like going back to high school and trying to figure out where you belong. That is often the problem with going to really big forums like this one, you don't get to really learn much about different people without just hanging out and reading tons of stuff.

SO, yeah. I'll contribute where I feel I can, but otherwise, it is best to just use it as a resource for problems you come across. There are plenty of friendly people around here, but there are always those people who would rather jump to conclusions about who you are and start talking out of their posteriors. They are everywhere in life... you either put them in their place or learn to ignore them.

Just keep on loving guitars! That is the only thing that keeps this place interesting.
Absolutely agree dude. When I got my new custom axe done, like 30 out of the first 50 messages I got were "I dont like the pickup rings, I'd get rid of the pickup rings, the pickup rings ruin the look, you shouldve left out the pickup rings", and every variation of that possible, even AFTER I mentioned that I personally really liked the rings for several reasons. Some people here can never just be happy for someone getting a nice new guitar, everyone always
needs to put in their two cents, we call these people Buzz Killington . I've learned to stop caring and just know that I've got the best guitar I've ever had my hands on, but I bet a lot of newbies to the board get turned off by that and leave.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Try talking about Zachary Guitars....
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Try talking about Zachary Guitars....
Closed Thread

Tags
ibanez jem , pickup ring , pickup rings , playing guitar , zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode