Does anyone play GTA5 online? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dublin
Posts: 385
Reviews: 6
Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Hello all,

Well, as the title suggests, does anybody here play GTA online?
Laobi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 07:08 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 825
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Before my xbox live expired I did, a few months ago.

My favorite was when you would be on the motorcycle, and have to make it to a certain destination while your opponent was in the plane trying to shoot you from above
Kyle am I is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 825
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Before my xbox live expired I did, a few months ago.

My favorite was when you would be on the motorcycle, and have to make it to a certain destination while your opponent was in the plane trying to shoot you from above
Kyle am I is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Adelaide , Australia
Posts: 1,297
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Yes......daily.
corey j grieve is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,600
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

My 12 year old plays it
jim777 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dublin
Posts: 385
Reviews: 6
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Lol, just thought I'd check, I knew there had to be a few gamers here.

Kyle, I love that mission ..... as long as I'm in the jet, I'm crap at racing, death matches and driving, flying and sniping are my strong points.

Corey, I know the feeling, I got hooked on it for a while. Now I try to divide my free time between playing guitar (trying to improve my awful playing) GTA and other things. Mrs Laobi is particularly hooked on it which is a mixed blessing.

Jim, have you looked at it? The content is fairly mature. There are also a large proportion of foul mouthed scumbags playing. Not that I am adverse to swearing, but some sessions can be a lesson in hate speech. I tend to play with older players because they have limited time like me and want to use their time well.

What's interesting is perception. I know guys who play female characters because instead of shooting them idiots flirt with them and offer help. I play as a fairly famous fictional black character, more than once someone has directed a racial tyrade at me and black players have come to my defense or retorted with their own racial tyrade, usually I send a pm explaining that I'm white and that being as racist as the racist doesn't actually help anyone. I just love how people assume the image on the screen is identical to the person, reminds me of the South Park episode "Make Love Not Warcraft".
Laobi is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 06:44 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bkk, Ume
Posts: 174
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

I used to play GTA5, loved it, unfortunately not online.

World of Warcraft? Hell yeah, for many years, many years ago. Yes, used to have a female character for fun when playing wow, got help ALL the time if I wanted, everything became ten times easier, to the point where it got almost annoying at times, lol.
yzerman is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 02:43 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,810
Reviews: 11
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

I play. PS3.

mohican-punk

Add that name right there.
D.M.RG7620 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 05:34 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,559
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
My 12 year old plays it
Really? Have you watched him play it?

You know there's strippers (that you can pay to perform...and if you make them "like" you enough, you can invite them back to your apartment), there's actual sex (oral and regular) that you can purchase from street workers...sex that you can see, with orgasms and the build up towards that vibrate the controller in pulses. etc.

...and when you're done, you can kill them to get your money back.

I'm pretty sure I'd let my child play it too. But, yeah, just wondering if you knew about the above stuff.
wilch is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dublin
Posts: 385
Reviews: 6
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

LOL Wilch, sounds like you play it too. For anyone on PS3 my ID is MrGustavo_Fring, but be warned, my skills at GTAV are even lower than they are on guitar if that is possible.
Laobi is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 05:17 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,646
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

I played the crap out of it until I got the Xbox1, now all I play is Titanfall
GUITARMAGEDDON is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 09:04 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,559
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
LOL Wilch, sounds like you play it too. For anyone on PS3 my ID is MrGustavo_Fring, but be warned, my skills at GTAV are even lower than they are on guitar if that is possible.
I played a little bit over the Christmas break with my S.O. She's a bit of a gamer.

Next time I'm on, I'll add you on PSN.

GTA5 is kinda insane on Online, hey. I once joined a session where a young boy was playing, and was being hassled something savage. He was begging, and pleading for a bunch of guys to stop killing him. He was also crying. Very small voice...would've had to be under 10.

So I invited him to my apartment... lol. Man that sounds bad. Anyway, he had a look at my cars, and was trying to get into the GTR for some reason. So I took him for a spin, and the group that was hassling this kid started chasing after us.

They blew up my car, and the kid left the session. I then made it my mission to keep killing each and every one of the group, over and over. LOL. Managed to make them all leave the session. Was fun!


It's quite immersive, and can often feel very real. You know, I even made my guy look like me.

Bathroom mirror selfie, cause LOL


me in real life (see the resemblance?)


my S.O. and me in the game


My S.O. and me in real life here.


one of my GTA 5 garages


I was lucky enough to be online during Christmas where I was gifted over $600,000,000 by a hacker. So I bought cars... Got to keep what I bought, but didn't get to keep the money when Rockstar patched the game. D'oh.

Guitar room in the game:


Booo, no Ibanez.



...and in real life, where my S.O. and I game together when we make the time.



wilch is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dublin
Posts: 385
Reviews: 6
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
I played a little bit over the Christmas break with my S.O. She's a bit of a gamer.

Next time I'm on, I'll add you on PSN.

GTA5 is kinda insane on Online, hey. I once joined a session where a young boy was playing, and was being hassled something savage. He was begging, and pleading for a bunch of guys to stop killing him. He was also crying. Very small voice...would've had to be under 10.

So I invited him to my apartment... lol. Man that sounds bad. Anyway, he had a look at my cars, and was trying to get into the GTR for some reason. So I took him for a spin, and the group that was hassling this kid started chasing after us.

They blew up my car, and the kid left the session. I then made it my mission to keep killing each and every one of the group, over and over. LOL. Managed to make them all leave the session. Was fun!


It's quite immersive, and can often feel very real. You know, I even made my guy look like me.

Bathroom mirror selfie, cause LOL


me in real life (see the resemblance?)


my S.O. and me in the game


My S.O. and me in real life here.


one of my GTA 5 garages


I was lucky enough to be online during Christmas where I was gifted over $600,000,000 by a hacker. So I bought cars... Got to keep what I bought, but didn't get to keep the money when Rockstar patched the game. D'oh.

Guitar room in the game:


Booo, no Ibanez.



...and in real life, where my S.O. and I game together when we make the time.



Wow, that setup is something like mine, but I've only been playing a couple of times a week lately while my beautiful female dictator has got hopelessly addicted to it. I couldn't get any of my characters to look like me, the only blond option is the bleached metro look with brown eyebrows and a brown beard. And, what's the deal with every character having that strange Bryan Adams thing on their face like they have contracted some strange STD? After several attempts at creating a character that resembled me and ending up with something that resembled either a metrosexual hipster or an in the closet hillbilly I gave up. So, I modeled my character on Gus from Breaking Bad.

I've been concentrating more on guitar as I found hours passed like minutes in the game and I was getting very rusty back in April when I was gaming a lot.

I pissed myself laughing about the apartment, it's so true, for an over 18 game there are a way too many kids playing. One day these 2 guys were asking ages, I said I was far too old to play games, they guessed I was 25, when I said I was older they went up by 1 year on each guess until they hit my correct age 40, they were totally shocked. I found myself having to steal a jet to deal with a group who were killing people over and over, took me 4 hours to get them to quit the session, then as I was flying around the city (not killing anyone) I got blown up by some guy who had cargo lifted his tank to the top of a skyscraper to get me. I thought, well done, you've gone to a lot of trouble on this one.

You're right about the immersion thing, I've a pet peeve about people pointing weapons at me, even in the game, you stop for a second to slug a coffee and some tool is walking around you aiming at you, when that happens I aim back, but I fire.
Laobi is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dublin
Posts: 385
Reviews: 6
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Lol yes on the guitars too, when I first bought the apartment I went straight to the study and discovered my character was a fan of Slash and James Hetfield, so disappointed.

Did you encounter that bug for a while where there was a rather rotund lady with a face which can only be described as looking like a bulldog licking piss from a nettle occupying your study?

I tried everything to get rid of her eventually after the last update she thankfully disappeared. When it first happened I thought Rockstar were distributing ugly wives to crap players until a friend who's a good player told me he had a troll in his study too.
Laobi is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 03:37 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,559
Re: Does anyone play GTA5 online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
Lol yes on the guitars too, when I first bought the apartment I went straight to the study and discovered my character was a fan of Slash and James Hetfield, so disappointed.

Did you encounter that bug for a while where there was a rather rotund lady with a face which can only be described as looking like a bulldog licking piss from a nettle occupying your study?

I tried everything to get rid of her eventually after the last update she thankfully disappeared. When it first happened I thought Rockstar were distributing ugly wives to crap players until a friend who's a good player told me he had a troll in his study too.

LOL!! I never saw that! haha. That would've been hilarious.

Yeah, the characters are hard to create. I'm lucky that I'm a little dark and metro looking in real life... One thing I dislike is the inability to set height. My S.O.'s GTA5 character is amazon sized in height. That's why she's behind me in that photo (I learnt that trick from Tom Cruise!).
wilch is offline  
Reply

Tags
gta , gta 5 , gta online , gta5

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UV77MC - To play or not to play RG Loyalist Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 30 03-10-2012 04:45 PM
TV Online? rickcard71 Off-topic / Miscellaneous 7 01-16-2008 04:23 PM
Play-it\Clean-it or Play-it/Walk-away rickcard71 Polls 38 05-03-2007 10:53 AM
Online Stores teof Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 1 06-14-2004 05:03 AM
Where to buy picks online? caprile Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 3 04-05-2004 06:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome