Does guitar playing/ guitars ever get your significant other jealous? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Does guitar playing/ guitars ever get your significant other jealous?

Man, I got this Ibanez JS1200, and CAN"T put the darn thing down. It feels so perfect, comfortable, and sounds amazing. It is everything I ever wanted in a guitar, and it actually feels painful when I have to stop playing it. Although I' have found guitar nirvana, my girlfriend is starting to complain that I spend 7 hours a day with my guitar, and one hour with her. I know my priorities are totally out of whack, and I'm wrong, but its just so much fun when you discover an instrument that truly inspires and gets you out of a "rut"
Anyone ever feel this way or have this happen? How do you deal with it? Her new iPad is working for now, but its only going to last so long..
I know I need to balance things out. She is a great girl that is all about me having fun. Easier said then done though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Does guitar playing/ guitars ever get your significant other jealous?

If it doesn't you aren't serious about it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM

Reviews: 10

Glad you're enjoying your JS1200 - sounds like you've really connected with that guitar...I think lots of guys on this site will know that feeling when the girlfriend or wife gets on us about how much time we spend with them...the Ipad is a good idea...my wife just got one and that has freed me up a little bit...but you're right - that will probably only last for so long...if you come up with any other ideas let us know If she's a great girl like you say then you better not lose her...striking a good balance in life is an important part of keeping things fresh and getting the most out of life...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

Yup, iPad just wore off
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:31 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Does guitar playing/ guitars ever get your significant other jealous?

Here I go again!

If you're taking time away from loved ones with either the intention to further this as a career or because you are making money, then they have to understand that this is the field you have chosen to pursue. If this is a hobby, then yes you need to get your priorities straight.

I'm sure if I was going out and spending seven hours a day on something with no positive monetary reward my wife might be a bit upset! But just like any job though, if you work eight hours a day and ignore your loved ones it's not a good thing! Regardless of the reasons you are playing you will have to make time for other things. An hour today, 3 hours tomorrow, 2 hours the next day and so on! It doesn't have to be the same, just so long as you make the effort! Good luck!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 PM

Reviews: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
If it doesn't you aren't serious about it
This is true! My girlfriend doesn't get mad at me, but she guilts me into putting the guitar down by saying she had a rough day at work and just wants to come home and hang out with me.

I get home from work an hour before she does, so I play then and after dinner when we are being bums on the couch.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM

Reviews: 11

she never gets jealous or mad on the surface and always says its ok but deep down i know she hates it with a burning passion that can only be cured by a broken rg1527
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM

[quote=DEADTUNES666;1081681]Here I go again!

If you're taking time away from loved ones with either the intention to further this as a career or because you are making money, then they have to understand that this is the field you have chosen to pursue. If this is a hobby, then yes you need to get your priorities straight.

Agreed! if your making a career out of it she'll have to understand, if it's just a hobby though you may have to spend some more time with the ol' ball and chain lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode