Down the toliet with being "Politically Correct" - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Down the toliet with being "Politically Correct"

Anybody else get the feeling that you just pretty much can't say ANYTHING to anybody anymore??? Seems like no matter what you say (even jokingly) is taken soo seriously and out of context and people get their BVD's all in a bundle at the drop of a hat

As a friendly person, I've been accostomed to saying hello to passers by and talking to folks. I mean, didn't being friendly to your fellow human used to be courteous thing to do??? Oh and don't dare compliment a lady on her lovely wardrobe,

What, did somebody put an "I'm a delicate person" pill in the worlds water supply???

What the f*ck IS it with everybody nowadays???

I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that I'm just an exceptionally annoying person

But I don't know......it just didn't used to be like this!!

I guess I'm just going to have to tape up my mouth and fingers so I can't speak or type (trust me, that aint gonna be easy)

Ah well *Rant Over*

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this or am I just delusional???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Re: Down the toliet with being "Politically Correct"

Meh, just do your thing man.
My mom always used to tell me "fk 'em if they cant take a joke"

It's like I was at the mall last week and this fine piece of woman walked by and I said "Baby, you are so fine I'd eat the corn out of your "poop""
and she got all mad and walked off.

You try to be a nice guy, and that's the thanks you get.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM

I fully agree, people are too restrained by the "rules of society." I don't really go around trying to offend anyone but I am definetely not what you'd call politically correct. I don't especially care what anybody thinks and just go about doing whatever.
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
It's like I was at the mall last week and this fine piece of woman walked by and I said "Baby, you are so fine I'd eat the corn out of your "poop""
Somehow, I knew you'd be the first one to post something constructive in this thread

(I bet ya she laughed once she was done gagging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrdpenguin View Post
I fully agree, people are too restrained by the "rules of society." I don't really go around trying to offend anyone but I am definetely not what you'd call politically correct. I don't especially care what anybody thinks and just go about doing whatever.
Ah....the "INVISIBLE CAGE" known as "society"
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:50 PM

That was just for you, man.
I was going to keep quiet, but I thought you might appreciate that.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:55 PM

I think it's a sad state we live in, no more mothersday card making in primary schools because it upsets kids who don't have mothers! I mean come on.

I get on really well with my manager who is asian with his family originating from packistan. A few weeks back he was going up to random members of staff and saying, "whats all this i hear about you calling me a packi". They get really worried saying they never did it etc until Mo can't keep a straight face any more and laughs then they realise they've been had.
He came up to me and said it and I replied, "No Mo I called you a f*ckin packi", we both had a laugh about it as we know it all in good jest.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:01 PM

Reviews: 1

The world is full of people who can't take "it". By "it" I mean anything. Our modern lifestyle has made some of us soft in mind, body and spirit. We're trying to hard to be nice and are forgetting what's it like to be human. That means sometimes you say things or do things that "offend" someone or "hurt" their feelings. We're working so hard at being tolerant we're actually becoming more intolerant.

Mark my words. The world is going to heck in a hand basket. I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic. I'm not worrying about tomorrow because I'm living for today because each day may be my last.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 PM

That's a bit morbid isn't it! Get your drift though.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitarium View Post
I think it's a sad state we live in, no more mothersday card making in primary schools because it upsets kids who don't have mothers! I mean come on.
Oh yeah! That's exactly the kind of crap Im talking about! We can't even say "Merry Christmas" over here anymore without someone getting all hurt

From what I can see, the problem is that everyone is soo "societally programmed" nowadays. What ever happened to people thinking for themselves??

Suck it up, get a skin and get our OWN brain people!

*small minds abound*

BTW - Well said "toneboy"
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:13 PM

If you have done so already, study history. Societies get fat, lazy and decadent then they self-destruct. An empire can only last so long. The difference today is we're doing it faster than others have because we have things like the Internet to accelerate our decay.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm a very upbeat person. I love life and appreciate the people close to me every day.
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
We can't even say "Merry Christmas" over here anymore without someone getting all hurt BTW - Well said "toneboy"
Since not every one celebrates the Christian holiday, just say "Happy Holidays". That covers you for Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah and even Festivus.

Thank you for the compliment JJemmer777.

Last edited by toneboy; 03-16-2007 at 06:34 AM.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 PM

I think another problem we have is using the internet alot now you can't get emotion of speach across so things come across not as you ment them to. Esp when like me now typing at 2.20 in the morning because my medication is keeping me up you get tired and type things wrong.

JJEMMER777 I got another one for you. At my younger brother school they can't use the phrase brain storming ideas in class anymore in case it upsets people with epilepsy. Big fat LOL to that, i'm epileptic and in no way find that offensive. The only thing I find offensive is when i've seen kids wriggling on the floor in front of their mates making a joke out of it, trust me after you chew half your tounge off, loose you driving licence for a year and because suicidely depressed over it there is nothing funny about it.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
Since not every celebrates the Christian holiday, just say "Happy Holidays". That covers you for Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah and even Festivus.
Good thinking i'll remember that one.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitarium View Post
I think another problem we have is using the internet alot now you can't get emotion of speach across so things come across not as you ment them to.
There used to be a time when people wrote letter to communicate over long distances. You had the time to sit down, think about what you wanted to say and how you wanted to say. You could write someone a letter and think about what you had just written. With the Internet, you type up a "letter" (email) and it gets to the other person in second or minutes.

The human race's inability to properly communicate in an age where communication is nearly instantaneous is a big problem.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM

Yeah i mean the last thing you'd wanna do is put a message in a bottle saying i'm stranded on an island off the east coast of the US when you ment UK lol. You have a very valid point though and I agree.

Tags
guitar playing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode