Dr. Phil makes me sick - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Dr. Phil makes me sick

We all know about the horrible crime commited in Florida, where the teen was beaten by others.

Well, the bail on these teens is pretty high. But dont worry...... The Dr. Phil show has paid the bail on one of the teens so he could have an exclusive interview with her.
What an Ahole.

If the bail is set high by a judge, then there is a reason. Like making someone stay in jail and learning a hard lesson. And also, protecting them from a lynch mob.

What has the mindset of this country come too when Television shows bail out criminals?

Call your local affiliate that carries Dr. Phil and tell them you are mad. And if that doesnt work, call their advertisers.

Last edited by michblanch; 04-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 AM

Re: Dr. Phil makes me sick

That is sad. The people who took part in that crime need to stay in jail for a long time. They are being tried as adults so hopefully they will be made an example of.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 AM

Just wait till the skeletons in his closet start rattling.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Reviews: 1

UPDATE:

Dr. Phil has 'stepped back' and is now allowing this situation to take it's natural course. It seems the backlash from the media is too much for him...

What a dork.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 AM

I'm not too aware of what the whole story is, nothing on it here in the UK, but bailing people out to appear on a TV show!? Have we lost all sense of decency and community, is all we care about money and ratings these days?

Plus, for all the good things on YouTube, I think it's also just unacceptable how they allow stuff like videos of fights and crimes to be uploaded, and then claim they can't stop it because it's a "community website policed by the community". What a load of BS. The second a clip from an NBC show or whatever is uploaded, it's taken right back down, they don't even last an hour. Here in the UK there was a story of a woman who was filmed being raped and the video was on YouTube for weeks!

The whole reason people like this do such crimes is to show if off to others via video websites. If these websites didn't allow such activity then half of the stuff wouldn't ever happen. To claim they have no control is such a cop out, I wish governments passed a law that punished them for such activity.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM

That's weird of him. To bail her out. Couldn't he go to the jail and interview her there?

Btw, I remember one time there was this woman on the Dr. Phil show, who cheated on her husband. But the husband never really spoke his mind about this to her. So at a certain point Dr. Phil said something like "Well, I'll show you what you oughtta do. I just really need to do this...". Subsequently he just shouted at the top of his lungs at her in front of the audience, who applauded his behavior. Because the woman 'had it coming, for sure'. I remember seeing the look on the woman's face. It was sad. I always thought Dr. Phil went too far, then. Also, I thought to myself "How many of those people who are applauding, have made mistakes in relationships, themselves?".

Anyway, I used to watch Dr. Phil, occasionally. But I never do anymore.

Alwin
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst and rain View Post

Btw, I remember one time there was this woman on the Dr. Phil show, who cheated on her husband. But the husband never really spoke his mind about this to her. So at a certain point Dr. Phil said something like "Well, I'll show you what you oughtta do. I just really need to do this...". Subsequently he just shouted at the top of his lungs at her in front of the audience, who applauded his behavior. Because the woman 'had it coming, for sure'. I remember seeing the look on the woman's face. It was sad. I always thought Dr. Phil went too far, then. Also, I thought to myself "How many of those people who are applauding, have made mistakes in relationships, themselves?".

Alwin
Sounds like Dr. Phil did the right thing. Cheating is not just a "mistake in a relationship". It's one of the worst things a person can do. It's selfish, irresponsible, dishonest. If you cheat on your spouse you are a bad person period.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Sounds like Dr. Phil did the right thing. Cheating is not just a "mistake in a relationship". It's one of the worst things a person can do. It's selfish, irresponsible, dishonest. If you cheat on your spouse you are a bad person period.
I wouldn't disagree with that, but how is it any of Dr. Phil's business, or even his job to "put her in her place"? What is the point of it, it's tantamount to biblical public stoning, but seeing as we can't do that, we'll just spout abuse at them for all the world to see? What good does that do?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM

those girls need to learn a lesson, and getting Bailed out probably won't teach it to them, I live in Florida so its on like every station and the girls seemed like they didn't care they were getting in trouble. I think they should be locked up for awhile... stupid Dr. Phil
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk-27 View Post
I wouldn't disagree with that, but how is it any of Dr. Phil's business, or even his job to "put her in her place"? What is the point of it, it's tantamount to biblical public stoning, but seeing as we can't do that, we'll just spout abuse at them for all the world to see? What good does that do?

Your right I suppose it wasn't Dr. Phils place to do that. But she deserved it anyway.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Dr. Phil makes me sick

Posting bail doesn't mean you don't do jail time. It allows moments of freedom until trial where, if you're found guilty, you immediately go to jail.

As for other Dr Phil things, for the most part people seek him out, for his help/advice. So it would be his place to act whatever way he wished if you were on his show. If he sought you out and you agreed to appear on his show you get what you get.

Blaming him for wanting ratings is silly...
This goes back to Phil Donohue, and 60 minutes. If you don't want to look like an ass on television don't do assy things and follow them up with an appearance on a talk show...IMRO
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Posting bail doesn't mean you don't do jail time. It allows moments of freedom until trial where, if you're found guilty, you immediately go to jail.
Aware of that, but if a judge feels you have done something heinous, then he can set a bail out of your range in order to keep you in jail.

That is what the judge did. The girls family couldn't come up with the bail. So Dr. Phils producers did.

I have no compassion for any of these kids, so I would have liked to see them sit in jail, and spend as little time with their families and lawyers as possible.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:34 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Dr. Phil makes me sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
Aware of that, but if a judge feels you have done something heinous, then he can set a bail out of your range in order to keep you in jail.

That is what the judge did. The girls family couldn't come up with the bail. So Dr. Phils producers did.

I have no compassion for any of these kids, so I would have liked to see them sit in jail, and spend as little time with their families and lawyers as possible.
Well I was just saying, not necessarily singling anyone out...

And don't get me wrong if you do something evil, you deserve anything you get. I know nothing of what happened other than what I read here...so I was not for the girl or the beating of someone unless it's Michael Jackson...

I was more or less generally speaking about Dr. Phil...
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Sounds like Dr. Phil did the right thing. Cheating is not just a "mistake in a relationship". It's one of the worst things a person can do. It's selfish, irresponsible, dishonest.
I agree that cheating is more than 'just a mistake'. It's a terrible thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk-27 View Post
...how is it any of Dr. Phil's business, or even his job to "put her in her place"? What is the point of it, it's tantamount to biblical public stoning, but seeing as we can't do that, we'll just spout abuse at them for all the world to see? What good does that do?
That's exactly how I look at it.

Alwin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode