The dreaded N' bomb - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

The dreaded N' bomb

By that I mean the dreaded N word. I've noticed that the different variations on the world are becoming more.....mainstream? For example. Jon Stewart on The Daily Show saying "ni**a please". Has anyone else noticed such a thing? Do you see it as racism or because of the fact its being more widely used and not nearly as an insultive way, is it losing what meaning it once held and are we on the way to using the world as common non-insultive slang? These are the two sides to this matter and I thought it would make an interesting discussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM

Re: The dreaded N' bomb

i came from a high school that had no black kids at it so there wasn't much threat of being called a racist for saying it . I will admit i say gga version a bunch , i am not using it to be racist i am using it in the same context as a black person would use it . We are all prejudice, and i think to some extent racist but black people call us crackers or red necks or honkies , i dont see a white guy suing a black man for saying the white guy is a honkie or cracker .

double standard :yes . I totally belive in equality it just pisses me off when people say " i want that right because i am white " "i want that because i am black " " i want that because i am different " . that isn't how it works and i think it has been abused by every race .

so as far as the n bomb goes , i would never use it to be derogatory to a black person or say it in front of a black person that didn't know me , hell i call my self a red neck and cracker all the time , no one has a problem with that .
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

I call myself and some friends "Honkey Donkey". Its ever so fun because its so fun to say if you say it like PeeWee Herman.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:15 PM

I'd like to drop an N bomb on a few countries believe me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:17 PM

As for the usage of the word - it's to a large extent about reclaiming the language, and hence gaining more control over your identity. An analogous example in some ways is that of ***/lesbian/bisexual groups reclaiming the word "queer".
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM

no because I would get the **** kicked out of me, Toronto is the most multi-cultured city on earth you know.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 PM

Alright Phil

Phil.....right???

did you start this thead to purposely break rules???

Come on man! You don't think there arent people on this site that would take offense to this???

This thread has only
ONE way to go!!! Learn to be more considerate of your fellow human beings!!

Stay in the RULE GUIDELINES!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what is the tempo of soft bomb salad
how to do the dive bomb effect

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode