EB#Y CONCERN? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Unhappy EB#Y CONCERN?

I was just wondering if anyone could give advice on the following. I have recently won a JEM 90 and paid in full that night and awaited an email. Nothing came so I emailed the following night and he said he was talking to the courier company and would let me know of the tracking number.I still had heard nothing so I emailed him again and he told me to calm down, he was at work , the guitar will be with me on Saturday and he would let me know the tracking number when he got home. I still have not heard from him even though I have sent him countless emails and the guitar didn't turn up on Saturday either. I am upset because he has good feedback and has been a member for a long time.Should I be worried or should I just be patient and just wait.I have ordered lots of guitars of EB#Y before and never had a problem until now. What should I do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:38 AM

Re: EB#Y CONCERN?

Wait some more, then file a claim with [email protected] This causes the money you've paid to be frozen in recipient's account (or worse, withdrawn from his bank account), and a potent nastygram is also sent, so even the worst of the deadbeats respond within 24 hours.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:45 AM

Yeah, wait 7-10 days and file a dispute with PayPal through fleabay.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

I might be being a little unfair to the blobke but when you spend that sort of money with anyone you do expect good levels of communication.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 AM

I know it sucks but I've been in your situation a couple times before - the good thing, however, is PayPal does protect buyers from any sort of fraud. Once you file that dispute/claim, I guarantee he will respond within 24 hours. Give him a final chance though, letting him know if you don't hear from him or receive the guitar in 48 hours you will file a dispute/claim.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Paypal protection is a joke. I paid $700 for a guitar I never received. You have to wait 10 days to file a complaint, then the seller gets 10 days to respond. Ultimately, they returned $240 out of $700. Well, I filed a dispute with the credit card, and they returned all of my money. Then, a month later, the credit card re-bills me. I called paypal, and they said since there is a tracking number, that I did receive the guitar. They don't actually check anything. If you look at the tracking # it says "shipping info received", since 3/7/08. So now, I have to go through the entire dispute process again. Through all of this, the buyer has not answered any calls or emails from myself or PayPal. I wouldn't hesitate to dispute this, but you do have to wait 10 days. Get his phone # from **** and call him.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:29 AM

Do you have a mailing address for the seller. In some paypal details sections it listed the mailing adddress of the seller. If someone were to screw me I am the type of person who would be knocking on a door.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:38 AM

It is a Holiday weekend. Hopefully you'll have it by Tuesday.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracatac View Post
Paypal protection is a joke. I paid $700 for a guitar I never received. You have to wait 10 days to file a complaint, then the seller gets 10 days to respond. Ultimately, they returned $240 out of $700. Well, I filed a dispute with the credit card, and they returned all of my money. Then, a month later, the credit card re-bills me. I called paypal, and they said since there is a tracking number, that I did receive the guitar. They don't actually check anything. If you look at the tracking # it says "shipping info received", since 3/7/08. So now, I have to go through the entire dispute process again. Through all of this, the buyer has not answered any calls or emails from myself or PayPal. I wouldn't hesitate to dispute this, but you do have to wait 10 days. Get his phone # from **** and call him.
That's too bad, I was able to recover $625 last Christmas that I paid for a high end video card I did not receive. Took 30 days for the funds to show up though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode