The EDC.....TOO LOUD!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
The EDC.....TOO LOUD!!!!

Well, I guess I'm finally too old cu'z this has been horrible the last two days!!!

My house has literally been vibrating and shaking to the beat til 4a.m. Friday and Saturday nights and I'm 11 MILES AWAY!!!........cant wait to see how it goes tonight..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upNc7bd1ryw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Re: The EDC.....TOO LOUD!!!!

Lol welcome to living in Indy around race time. You can hear the cars around Indy. Not shaking though, low drone and its done by evening.

If a metal head is complaining, it's bad.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Until this weekend I thought I liked techno-trance music........... I'm so over it now.

bump,bump,bum-bum-bump, bum-bum-ba-buuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm, bump,bump,bump........... it doesn't stop.

They just finished their fireworks........ it felt like they were in my back yard......... I guess that was kinda cool.

This stuff is SO much louder than Indy cars, Nascar, or even Top Fuel......... we hear that every year too, but not like this.

It literally sounds like a kid in the driveway next door with his system on 11.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 AM

Reviews: 120

That's pretty friggin' bad mate. I really don't get the obnoxiously loud music thing, regardless of genre. It doesn't make music easier to listen to or sound better. It just makes everything sound worse, and impossible to talk to anyone, with the added bonus of causing deafness. Combine that with pissing off every one in a 15 mile radius and I reckon the organisers won't be able to put on the festival next year. The noise pollution fines will put a stop to that!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
That's pretty friggin' bad mate. I really don't get the obnoxiously loud music thing, regardless of genre. It doesn't make music easier to listen to or sound better. It just makes everything sound worse, and impossible to talk to anyone, with the added bonus of causing deafness. Combine that with pissing off every one in a 15 mile radius and I reckon the organisers won't be able to put on the festival next year. The noise pollution fines will put a stop to that!
Unfortunately, the only organization that can issue the fines are the same ones that booked the show.........The City of Joliet. And they gave them a 4 year return contract.......... YAYYY!!!!!!!!

They're hearing it as far as 20 miles away now because we're overcast and rainy............ the clouds are holding the bass in!!!........LOL. It's like living inside a subwoofer.

At least all the kids at the show are high....... they may be deaf now, but they won't know it til their sober. I found out this is the biggest rave in the country........... maybe I should have gone.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 AM

Ah man that sucks!

I guess you would have to be high to put up with that crap!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

our latest news report:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22...uthern-suburbs
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rticle-9117025

The thing is.... I get the party. Hell if I was still in my 20's I'd be there every minute of it. I just don't get why it has to be loud enough for everyone within a 70 mile radius to hear it. The speedway is big, but not that big.................
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 AM

Yeah, they are going to have to tone down the volume after the uproar I get from those news articles. Waayyyy too loud, obviously.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 AM

I heard them talking about it on WBBM yesterday, sounds like it has plenty of people irritated. I would think that regardless of the 4 year return you should be able to petition the city, especially if it violates local noise ordinances, which it certainly sounds like it does. You should have a strong case on your hands to get it shutdown.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM

Looks like they had a pretty excellent lineup. I wonder why they had to make it so damn loud?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Reviews: 4

Wow, that's absolutely insane.

Don't wanna go into a rant, but, if this was a metal, or even a rock show, they would've made them turn down already. Not that they would have been this loud anyway.

I don't really get the DJ craze anyway.....
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM

What I don't understand is that the outdoor stadiums around here have to be done by 11-12PM. Why was this still going on a 2am? How does anybody think that is ok?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode