End of a 3 year old relation - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

End of a 3 year old relation

yeah the title says it all. It was coming to be truthfull, she had lost her interest in me, was much more interested in her friends etc. She says she still loves me and the driving force behind her decision was that we couldn't keep this going on etc. I feel at a loss to decide what to do. I feel blank. It is hard nonetheless. I'm 18 and will of course pass over it in time, but until then, I will have some hard time...
Just wanted to write somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: End of a 3 year old relation

It hurts, but I think in order to grow, we must all endure this kind of crap.
Sorry, I had one of those when I was about 16 or 17 and it felt like my life had been flipped inside out. The good thing is, you're 18, you have LOTS of time to find a new girl, have fun and enjoy your time here.
I think some gratuitous rebound relationship should help you through this painful period.

Best wishes, and this like all things, this too shall pass.

Bamm
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 02:35 PM

Sorry to hear Wis. The ending of a relationship is always very painful and difficult. Especially if you really cared for her. But, you still quite young. Relationships rarely last at that age. It think the fact that you made it 3 years is saying an awful lot! I doubt you can tell now, but in the end, you'll probably find it was for the better. Keep your head up and try not to dwell on it too much.

I know........that's easier said than done. Trust me......I know

Your Jemsite brothers and sisters are here for you

Jeeze......sure seems like a lot of breakups have been happening lately

Hang in there Wis! It'll get better
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
It hurts, but I think in order to grow, we must all endure this kind of crap.
Best wishes, and this like all things, this too shall pass.
My feelings exactly, try not stay at home alone too much. Be with family or friends. Unfortunately, these things are a part of life but there is a silver lining as there so often is.

Have a drink on me
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the support guys, I really appreciate it...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM

I think everyone goes through this sort of thing at your age, and usually the first burn is the worst. What's that old Rod Stewart song? The first cut is the deepest. Though considering I've recently been going through the same thing I can say that at 34 the experience doesn't change much, only the circumstances and often the stakes. Chock this one up to experience my friend.... you shall prevail.

Mike
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 PM

...when I was 19 I had a girlfriend who left me after 2 years of painful relationship...I couldn't forget her for the next five years...but after that I bacame stronger...all shall pass with time, my friend...you may find something better in life instead...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM

I just got out of one six months ago, she left me at the end of may for another guy, I spent the entire summer in a dark pit, 6 and a half months later, I'm passed and I'm in a new relationship now which im enjoying very very much, though the sting is still there and stuff, you'll learn to deal with things better, you'll grow as a person also.. hang in there dude!!!! It'll get better
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM

hard as it may be, i believe that experiences like these are actually necessary to being able to enjoy The Real Thing when it comes along later. for now, go out and have some fun. get some miles on the clock. there'll come a day when you'll actually want to thank her for ending this relationship.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:39 PM

Dude, live it up! Forget her, life goes on and there are better women out there. My first gf broke up with me when I was 20, we were together for 5 yrs. That was the best thing that ever happnened to me. Move on and don't wait, take it from someone who has been there. Oh yeah don't forget, you're 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:50 PM

You are still young... be thankful that you could keep a girl for three years at your age... Three months is pretty good for me....
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 AM

This crap happens to everyone actually, treat your time being with her as a good memories but just only a memory, always remember life must go on, do the things you do like the most (in your case photographing)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
do the things you do like the most (in your case photographing)

Yeah, and don't forget to post a pic of your new babe here (with your guitar)
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 04:07 AM

take it from me man, I got out of a relationship recently, and it was very hard on me, but it gets easier as the days go by

once you've hit rock bottom theres no way to go but up
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:31 AM

I fell your pain man..After time, things do get much easier. JUst focus on yourself and tryo to do things that make you happy. my exfiance split after a 5 and a half year relationship.She left a few months before our wedding..it was a disaster..sold the house, sold the cars, split the bills, lost a few grand on the wedding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode