The Epic Pizza Thread! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

View Poll Results: What's your faovrite Pizza Joint?
Pizza Hut 7 17.50%
Dominos 4 10.00%
Papa Johns 4 10.00%
Little Ceasers 0 0%
Chucky Cheese Pizza 1 2.50%
Cics Pizza 0 0%
Local Place 24 60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

The Epic Pizza Thread!

Hey guys and gals, I just had a Pizza Hut plain cheese pizza, and DAMN it was good!!!
Sometimes it's hard to find good pizza, y'know? There is this local place that my grandmother has been buying from for 2 years now, and the day I tasted it, it sucked!! I had to beg my grandmother to get some Domino's and it was awesome! And Pizza Hut is great too! I have yet to try Papa Johns, or Little Ceaser's here, but I shall one day.
Anyways, point of this thread is to vote on a poll of your favorite Pizza Joint.
Tell us what you think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Re: The Epic Pizza Thread!

Johnny's Pizza for me. It's a chain that's based here in Atlanta, but there a a few around the southeast. Good pizza.

I also like Pizza Uno in Chicago when I visit.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 03:58 PM

The pizza cant seriously be so bad in SC that you need to include Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers and Chucky Cheese on your list. I've never had Papa Johns or Cics. In Chicago, the local places are the best. Caluta's on Belmont and Harlem.
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
The pizza cant seriously be so bad in SC that you need to include Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers and Chucky Cheese on your list. I've never had Papa Johns or Cics. In Chicago, the local places are the best. Caluta's on Belmont and Harlem.
Haha, there isn't that much of a selection my friend! It's also based on the pizza places that were around where I lived ( Kuwait ), and we basically had no local pizza places there! So thats where I got the list from, no mean to offend. lol
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM

No offense man, just pity
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 PM

Place called Anthony's and another called Anna's.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Rocco's in Glen Burnie, MD

It's on the drive home from work, but if I'm already home, I drive by 2 Domino's, Little Caesar's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's and about a dozen small shops just to have a Rocco's pizza. Mmmmmm!
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:06 PM

Reviews: 6

There's a place in Rochester called Pontillos that's pretty good. As for Boston there's a great place near Berklee called Woody's, excellent brick oven style pizza.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Pizza down here in FL sucks. It's either Domino's or Papa John's. Well, Al's Pizza isn't THAT bad...

But we have no good pizza places or Italian restaurants like up north.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM

Chucky Cheese all the way, great pizza and tons of fine young ladies.

Ok that was a tasteless joke...
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 PM

I doubt we have as much choice over here as America. But one of my favourite pizza places over here is PizzaExpress
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Pizza express is awesome. They are gormet pizza and it tastes wonderful, but I think its a european thing, so its not in the states.
Another place is Pepes Pizza, which is from Norway or something, they are very very good!
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:12 PM

Reviews: 25

Only an American could post up how good a Pizza Hut pizza is. Shame,

In Australia, the worst pizza is Pizza hut followed very closely by Dominoes. YUCK that S H I T is horrible. The best Pizza is from a good italian resturant, sure it may cost a few bucks more but its worth it, or even better a really high quality Wood Fire Oven pizza. Mate Pizza Hut is the dirtiest C R A P ever.

My mate used to work for Pizza Hut and you want to know how they stir the sauces. They would put in their entire arm shoulder deep and stir it like that. "VOMIT BAG"

Also the young kids that work in Pizza hut arnt exactly clean. I would stop eating Pizza Hut right now. Sick !!!!
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Surprised you have heard of Pizzaexpress! Mainly British based, but they do have a few restaurants in Europe, Asia and Australia, but I think they are called something else. Possibly Milano.
Strada are also good and there's a couple of places I know in London (Richmond and near Old Street) that do some very nice pizzas
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Giordano's in Chicago is the best I've ever had.

In NYC, I go to Ray's.

Here in OKC, Hideaway Pizza is really good, as is Italian Jim's in Yukon, OK. That said, I go to Little Caesar's 9 times out of 10, because it's cheap and close.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode