Ever meet anyone famous? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 18
Ever meet anyone famous?

So which famous people have you met?

The only celebrity I've really met was none other than Bill Nye The Science Guy. Me and my older brother met him when we were little guys. We loved his show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Ever meet anyone famous?

Michael Jordan, Scotty Pipen, and Dennis Rodman............ The first two were DICKHEADS!!!!!!
Rodman was one of the nicest guys I've ever met!
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Reviews: 2

I also took my first guitar lessons and worked for Todd "T.J." Helmerich. I also worked with Tyler Bates in the late 80's and early 90's.
post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 PM

I went to elementary school with the late NBA star Quintin Dailey. He wasn't famous then, just the nicest kid you'd ever wanna meet. He died a few months ago at his home in Las Vegas.

When I was growing up, I had the good fortune to meet and chat with a few of my sports heroes from the '60s and '70s - Johnny Unitas, Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer and Tom Matte. I also introduced the mayor of Baltimore at the time, Wm. Donald Schaefer at a ground breaking ceremony for our new elementary school.

As an adult, I've sat at a bar and talked with former Baltimore Colt Art Donovan, picked up former O's 1st baseman Boog Powell when he was stranded on the side of the interstate and briefly met Steve Vai.
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Ever meet anyone famous?

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f27/wh...=famous+people

and

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f36/th...ead-74691.html

I toured with Jake E. Lee, Britny Fox, Mass, Stryper, Sonny Ken, Uncle Floyd & Vinnie Mazzeo, Tripp Horner...

I did sound for Michael Winslow, Tommy and Shelby Chong, Breaking Benjamin, Theory Of A Deadman, Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes...

Met all kinds of guys at NAMM shows before
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Tons! I've got a thread somewhere with a picture of me and Vai when he played in Italy in 2005. I've met Ratt, Dokken, Poison, Cinderella, Motley Crue, spent the night partying on the Keel bus in 87, Van Halen, Stryper, Vixen, Warrant, KISS, Slaughter, Ace Frehley, Dave Chastain (took lessons fro him when he lived in Cincinnati), Lynch Mob, Richard Marx, and a ton of others from the 80s. Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter). Oh, and William Shatner--but uncle Bill is a family friend. Most of the Cincinnati Bengals--training camp 2007. Got them all to sign my football and have a great pic of me and Carson Palmer.
Me and Lynch in 1987

Me and Warrant 1990

Me and Bret Michaels 1986

Me and C.C. DeVille 1986

Me and Carson Palmer 2007

Me and Vai in 2005

Me and my "uncle" Bill Shatner 1988

Last edited by AlaskaBat; 02-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Ace Frehley...William Shatner--but uncle Bill is a family friend.
So was Ace a huge @ss to you too?

William Shatner is GOD!! I love him. His new show is very good!!
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:03 PM

Reviews: 4

I Went to jemfest last year, got to go to the 5 1/2 hour vai class - met a ton of folks and celebs (in this niche, at lest) there, and we have all kept in touch lol. I wound up in the video for the FP2 and played steves proto for it. that and other stuff, haven't been to namm yet. one day though lol
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
So was Ace a huge @ss to you too?

William Shatner is GOD!! I love him. His new show is very good!!
No--Ace was sober, so he was OK. The biggest d!ckheads I ever met were Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars was wasted so that doesn't count. Vince Neil was great! Mark Slaughter was a complete butthole, too. The coolest i ever met were Bobby Blotzer (got drunk with him three years in a row), George Lynch (wanted to trade me for a black Swatch watch I had that had the days of the week in French. He let me play his blue/red/silver Kamikaze--it was brand new at that point, and he gave me his Elektra Records watch). Sammy Hagar was awesome! I think the best ones were KEEL, though. We did the meet-and-greet after the show, but they wanted to party with us, so we were on the bus all night. I spoke with Ron last month, and he still remembered that. Thanks to him, I still can't drink screwdrivers.

post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 3

Went to high school with Stephen McGee of the Dallas Cowboys. Met Renee Zellweger while working at 24 hour fitness.
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

I forgot another great moment--met Ozzy when he was doing in-stores for Tribute when it came out. Jake had already left the band, and I asked him if he found his new guitarist. Ozzy whispered to me, "You guys are going to fu#$ing love him!" He never mentioned a name, but Zakk was revealed to the world shortly after.

post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
No--Ace was sober, so he was OK. The biggest d!ckheads I ever met were Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars was wasted so that doesn't count. Vince Neil was great! Mark Slaughter was a complete butthole, too. The coolest i ever met were Bobby Blotzer (got drunk with him three years in a row), George Lynch (wanted to trade me for a black Swatch watch I had that had the days of the week in French. He let me play his blue/red/silver Kamikaze--it was brand new at that point, and he gave me his Elektra Records watch). Sammy Hagar was awesome! I think the best ones were KEEL, though. We did the meet-and-greet after the show, but they wanted to party with us, so we were on the bus all night. I spoke with Ron last month, and he still remembered that. Thanks to him, I still can't drink screwdrivers.
I used to work/intern at a recording studio in NJ called the Music Booth. The owner was a great black funk jazz guitarist. Right when Skid Row got signed and they were prepping for tour, they rented this place out. Well, they brought Ace Frehley by to meet us, hang and party. Ace wound up telling nothing but bigoted racist jokes all night. That was the first time I met, and every time I met him afterwards he's been true to form and been a huge @sshole! I got smashed with Nicko McBrain at 95 NAMM...Nicest metalhead ever!!
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I used to work/intern at a recording studio in NJ called the Music Booth. The owner was a great black funk jazz guitarist. Right when Skid Row got signed and they were prepping for tour, they rented this place out. Well, they brought Ace Frehley by to meet us, hang and party. Ace wound up telling nothing but bigoted racist jokes all night. That was the first time I met, and every time I met him afterwards he's been true to form and been a huge @sshole! I got smashed with Nicko McBrain at 95 NAMM...Nicest metalhead ever!!
I love getting smashed with celebs! You get to see the" other side." Some good, some bad.

post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I love getting smashed with celebs! You get to see the" other side." Some good, some bad.

post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Steve Vai 4 times, Billy Sheehan, yngwie, Tony macalpine, mike portnoy, Bruce Campbell

They were awesome! Billy treated me like a long lost friend... Very warm soul and personable. Bruce was Bruce. Just like you would expect.

Tags
celebrity , famous , star

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode