Everything has been lost... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Everything has been lost...

Hi everyone. Some time last night my bands garage burned down along with all of our equipment. 8 people instruments all gone.. I dont know if this is frownd on but I was wondering if anyone had any old EQ that they dont want that they would sell for cheap or even donate to us. I will post a video of the garage within the next couple of days on youtube showing the damage.. If anyone has any drumsets or drums that they want to get rid of.. Thats the first thing we are looking to get because our drummer is completely crushed.. We havent even been able to find a symbol yet. Anything and everything is appreciated. Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:53 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Everything has been lost...

Please tell me the place was insured...
Please tell me you had insurance on the equipment in the place...
Please don't tell me you didn't...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:58 PM

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

How much was the stuff worth?
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:04 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. Please do let us know if it was insured. God I hope so.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:19 AM

i'm really sorry to hear that, if i lived close i would be able to donate some drum parts that ive got lying around.

unfortunatly gear insurance is normally learnt the hard way 4 years ago i had my RG570EG stolen out of my friends car. it was my only guitar at the time

needless to say all my (guitar) stuff is insured now.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:39 AM

Unhappy Re: Everything has been lost...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your loss. No insurance?

In '93 I was living in Nijmegen, Holland and had a collection of about 25 axes. A lot of (warmoth) strats I build myself, Some vintage strats and teles, 3 kramers (2 with aluminium necks), 2 hamers, A seagull 12 string, a few RGs, a few basses... Amps, stompboxes, my clothes, my 8-track, all my CD's (over 400), my old vinyl records, my computers, boxes with personal stuff, all my pictures, grades from school, you name it. EVERYTHING was lost, except the 3 guitars and some stuff I kept at the new place. I am a man without a tangible past, since I haven't even got pictures of when I was a kid and all that, since then. Zilch, nada. 1 suitcase, a few guitars and that was all I had.

All because some son of a btch put the building on fire, actually the sleezy bar that was on the street level, after a fight with the owner, by throwing in a molotov ****tail.

He was convicted to 8 years for attempted multiple manslaughter. I swear I'll still kill him if I ever run into him. He was sort of a hillbilly, a lot of kids with different women, never had a job, always drunk, in and out of jail all the time...

I was moving to another apartment and was paying both at the time. The insurance in the end didn't pay out, because "I was not living at that address anymore at the time of the incident". *sigh* I remember I was speechless for 2 weeks when I found my house burned down when I came back from a cool vacation. There was a picture of the remains of the building on the first page of the local newspaper, that's how I found out on that monday morning.

Since I had to start from scratch again, I got together the little I had left, quit my job and went living in Spain. That's where I've lived ever since.

I still miss them, my ES335, my warmoths...

Anyway, life goes on. I got over it, but it was VERY hard.

I hope this relieves your pain a little. Things can always be worse.

Regards,

Jean Paul
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

No insurance.. We had 3 strats, an Ibz geo, some no name acoustic, An Ibz acoustic, peavey milestone 3 bass. A Peavey International 5 peice drum set with 2 more tama toms and a tama floor tom and 7 symbols. Fender stagemaster. A 15W Peavey rage amp. An old peavey badit 100W amp. A peavey Minx 80W bass amp, and a crappy peavey micro 30W bass amp. A buttload of stop boxes and processors. 2 mics and mic stands.. Im not even sure what we had over there as far as guitar parts go..The only thing that was really nice was the Stagemaster.. but its all we had. Thats not even listing all the other stuff we had in that garage.. A yamaha motercycle a 35 inch tv a $1000 surround sound system piles of dvds movies cds comics books action figures Computers with all out music recorded on them.. 5 couches.. bunch of gaming systems and games. Just endless amounts of stuff... Plus the garage.. It was HUGE! you could fit 6 cars in there it had 2 floors.. Its bad enough that we all lost our eq but we lost the one place that what completely customized for us..
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech View Post
Hi everyone. Some time last night my bands garage burned down along with all of our equipment. 8 people instruments all gone.. I dont know if this is frownd on but I was wondering if anyone had any old EQ that they dont want that they would sell for cheap or even donate to us. I will post a video of the garage within the next couple of days on youtube showing the damage.. If anyone has any drumsets or drums that they want to get rid of.. Thats the first thing we are looking to get because our drummer is completely crushed.. We havent even been able to find a symbol yet. Anything and everything is appreciated. Thank you all.
how did it catch fire?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

We arent sure how it caught fire. The fire dept wont investigate it so we prolly wont ever know. It could have been any number of things.. Could have been the heater or candles... A short somewhere a cigarette that wasnt put out.. I could have been a tweeker that stole some stuff and set it on fire.. we have alot of drug adicts around here... who knows. Its kinda funny tho because there was a storage shed built onto the side of the garage and the garage wall that it was built onto is burned up but the shed didnt get touched at all..

We are going to shovel through everything in a couple days to see if we can find anything at all even just peices and parts.. just for a reminder. Kinda hoping that we might be able to find some symbols that arent melted or warped but thats not likely because we had a bench press in there and its completely deformed and melted. But it was onto of the piano and the piano basicly cooked it so there might be hope for the symbols since they werent really close to anything flamible other that the top floor and roof that fell on it haha.

Last edited by Czech; 11-24-2006 at 05:01 PM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Rip

not getting on your case at all..
just curious.
By your statements..that no one was there..
and you're not sure if it was candles?

You had candles lit with no one present? ouch!

Quote:
We arent sure how it caught fire. The fire dept wont investigate it so we prolly wont ever know. It could have been any number of things.. Could have been the heater or candles... A short somewhere a cigarette that wasnt put out.. I could have been a tweeker that stole some stuff and set it on fire.. we have alot of drug adicts around here... who knows. Its kinda funny tho because there was a storage shed built onto the side of the garage and the garage wall that it was built onto is burned up but the shed didnt get touched at all..

We are going to shovel through everything in a couple days to see if we can find anything at all even just peices and parts.. just for a reminder. Kinda hoping that we might be able to find some symbols that arent melted or warped but thats not likely because we had a bench press in there and its completely deformed and melted. But it was onto of the piano and the piano basicly cooked it so there might be hope for the symbols since they werent really close to anything flamible other that the top floor and roof that fell on it haha.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I dont know if candles we lit.. but they could have been. If they were lit its not very likely that it was them because they were in class jars and away from anything flamable because we always end up tipping them over..
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 PM

Uhhgg. Sorry that happened to you and your band Czech.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Rip

Quote:
I dont know if candles we lit.. but they could have been. If they were lit its not very likely that it was them because they were in class jars and away from anything flamable because we always end up tipping them over..
maybe its time to switch to some small par cans? or christmas lights.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Acctually we did have xmas light strung around the ceiling and the walls.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

Tags
bass amp , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to recover lost data from roland vs 1680

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode