Re: Fantasy Football 2008!
This applies to a potential pay league only
So I have some numbers worked out, tell me what you think.
I am looking at doing a pay league via Yahoo, as I like their format the best and it seems most user friendly. The format would probably be very similar to the free league.
Here's what would come with a pay league:
- Live stats
- Extensive weekly and draft scouting reports
- Advanced controls for scoring/stats (more customization)
- Prizes (Cash!)
Here's what I'm thinking for prizes:
- $10 weekly high scoring team (16 weeks * $10 = $160)
- $10 weekly high scoring player (I would probably do NOT on the same team as the high scoring team, but that's up for debate) (16 weeks * $10 = $160)
- Lump sum grand prize or 1st/2nd place prizes (I'm thinking $160 grand prize, $35 2nd place = $195)
League setup costs $124.99
So, some easy math
160 + 160 + 160 + 35 + 125 = $640
$640/8 teams = $80/team.
If that sounds like too much money, we can either increase the number of teams or decrease the prizes. There's other ways to add to prize amounts, like charging for trades/transactions, etc.
Let me know what you think - the pay league would be open to anybody, but priority would go to those in the free league.