Farewell Micheal Schumacher. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Farewell Micheal Schumacher.

Gotta say a huge thank you to Micheal Schumacher for entertaining us for so long. Despite the controversy, hes still so bloody good and in my view should not have retired yet. What an amazing final race, he really showed Alonso and Raikonnen a thing or two and to keep fighting like that shows hes the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 PM

Re: Farewell Micheal Schumacher.

I wonder how much truth there is to the rumors he was forced out faster than he wanted. I saw him come into the sport and now he has retired. I agree that despite some of his tactics, he was one of the best ever.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 AM

Michael certainly thrilled us this season. How hard he fought and how motivated he remained. Amazing. I've had the pleasure of going to Montreal for a few GPs and all were a blast.

I've seen Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet race alongside Schumacher.
All were great but Michael has to be considered the greatest.

For me, Senna was the best. How tragic we never saw the much anticipated years of Schumacher and Senna battling it out.

Sure, there were more than a few questionable moments throughout his career, but not one other "great" driver is without those.
In this day and age, with hundreds of cameras following you around, living in a fishbowl has never been more true.

Almost every year while he was driving, to be champion......you had to beat Michael. 7 world titles, and many 2nd place finishes as well. He was always "there". Wet or dry, he was fast.

Goodbye Schumi, we'll miss you.

Ayrton, is your name in honor of Senna?
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:53 AM

It does seem like Michael went too soon, but even in his own words, its' better to go out at the top of your game rather than fade.

Ferrari had to look to the future and Raikonnen was available so they had to take that opportunity...Michael was not forced out, nobody tells him what to do at Ferrari, nobody. When it comes down to it he was the one that brought glory back to Ferrari, before him the team was going nowhere fast

He felt it was the right time to go for all parties concerned. I've enjoyed the Schumacher era, but bring on the Flying Finn!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:55 AM

I wouldve retired after 3 years if they were paying me that much.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:45 PM

To balance the thread: GOOD RIDDANCE! Which also counts for Ross Brawn. No matter how talented he is, he's shown us seasons in a row he's a bad sportsman on the track. Even his own brother hates him.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter View Post
To balance the thread: GOOD RIDDANCE! Which also counts for Ross Brawn. No matter how talented he is, he's shown us seasons in a row he's a bad sportsman on the track. Even his own brother hates him.

+1
I will never forgive schumacher for ramming damon off the track when he realised he was in trouble in australia in 94.

after that I was just waiting for him to bloody well leave... - good riddance to a bad sportsman who had things his own way for too long.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM

Remember when he puposely spun in vancover i think, in qualifying so they had to stop and go with the current times so that he would start pole.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

Ayrton, is your name in honor of Senna?
Yes, to me Senna was the best ever. I have enjoyed watching MS, but when Senna was "in the zone", no one could touch him.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Yes, to me Senna was the best ever. I have enjoyed watching MS, but when Senna was "in the zone", no one could touch him.
+1, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM

Yes, Senna was awesome, I will never forget Mansell chasing him down in monaco and Senna brake testing him all the way round while Mansell sat 4" off Senna's tail...

dont mean that Senna wasnt a spoilt brat though, he was terrible, I remember him punching Eddie Irvine cos he overtook him (in japan I think)

awesome grand prix.... those days will not come again unless they bring back turbo's and slicks.

BTW, isnt it strange how a thread about schumacher very quickly and easily became about better racing drivers ?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM

I am sure you guys remember Senna in the rain at Silverstone.

*sigh*... they don't make them like that anymore.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisshredding View Post
good riddance to a bad sportsman who had things his own way for too long.
I can't disagree with that. He didn't need to behave badly, there is no excuse and it's his own fault that his career is now bittersweet in the eyes of many fans.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

But let's not kid each other, you just have to read what other F1 drivers say about him. He cheated at times, no doubt about it, but there were other times where he was purely in a different class....
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:21 PM

I think money has destroyed alot of motor sport, Look out for mark webber next season but.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandChimp View Post
I can't disagree with that. He didn't need to behave badly, there is no excuse and it's his own fault that his career is now bittersweet in the eyes of many fans.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

But let's not kid each other, you just have to read what other F1 drivers say about him. He cheated at times, no doubt about it, but there were other times where he was purely in a different class....
I cant help but agree with all of that...

He could have been a real F1 hero, but a few flaws of character let him down.....
its easy to judge when Im not as driven as he was(is) but, its a shame he couldnt do it without the cheating...

saying that, I remember Senna crossing the line in Magny cours at a terrible speed and deliberately crashing to get an edge in qualifying, I also remember him getting out of his car in Moaco and walking HOME - good times.

I think the difference is that Senna did it with STYLE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode