Favorite Youtuber - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Re: Favorite Youtuber

Nickstermc

He's an amazingly taseful player, and great composer. Plus he has cool jems!

Holzar88 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
dex

So I see a few of you posted in the Bugatti 0-400-0 thread so I thought I'd ask again here.

Any of you watch Doug DeMuro or Solomondrin or Vehicle Virgins? Maybe Adam LZ or Shmee150?
Jay Leno's Garage?
Anyone.......?

I find myself watching youtube most of the time. May have something to do with the fact that the missus is in charge of what's on TV in the evening and as I don't want to watch most of the stuff she likes I end up watching youtube on the laptop.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Vendor

At least we know who wears the pants in your house!

Demuro is a tool. Schmee is one of the most knowledgeable guys on exotics and I envy his ability to drive the cars he does.

Jay is an American classic.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 07:42 PM

Sargon of Akkad and Vee are the ones I watch the most. Sargon does a great job of sourcing his topics and explaining his points in real clear detail. Vee, because he is romanian, typically I find a lot of common ground with as he sees a LOT of the same stuff I see happening in the US from the outside.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
At least we know who wears the pants in your house!
It's gone full circle from "I'll even let you hold the remote control" being a thing in The Wedding Singer to 2017 reality where I don't have a say in what's on.
What's even worse than this is I have 0 interest in the things she watches like X Factor, The Voice, Talent, Dancing, The Farm, Bachelor, etc, etc so earphones and a laptop save me from guaranteed insanity.

If you like Shmee150, check out Carbuyer. It has the same vibe but James reviews regular affordable cars.
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:43 AM
Vendor

I highly recommend you create a man cave somewhere with 24/7 exactly what you want on a 65" 4K, if you still remember anything on TV. doesn't seem like you've watched any in some time

I'd rather dream about cars I can't buy than hear somebody drone on about a Camaro. I can watch that on Motor Trend on Velocity, it's a TV channel all about car stuff I can highly recommend if you ever get off the laptop
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
dex

I may have made it sound a little worse than it actually is, I have a den but I only use it when I have friends over and I do watch TV but nowhere near as much as I used to.
I have a vpn with Netflix and Amazon Prime plus the main UK channels but there are very very few shows I HAVE to watch so when I don't find anything good on BBC or History I just go to Youtube.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 10:16 AM

Casey Neistat. He doesn't do a daily vlog, but still posts a few times a week.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Me.

Other than that, the "Cracking the Code" series is excellent, and on an entirely different note I've recently discovered Phil Gaimon's "Worst Retirement Ever" series, which will bore you guys to tears if you're not also cyclists.

Surprised by some of the answers here - "Chappers" sets my teeth on edge, lol.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Me.

Other than that, the "Cracking the Code" series is excellent, and on an entirely different note I've recently discovered Phil Gaimon's "Worst Retirement Ever" series, which will bore you guys to tears if you're not also cyclists.

Surprised by some of the answers here - "Chappers" sets my teeth on edge, lol.
Cracking the code is AWESOME. I learned so much about picking technique from that it's just amazing.

Chappers, ugh since he got his guitar brand out there, his content has turned to garbage. He hasn't uploaded a single video I have had ANY interest in in ages.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 AM

I don't watch as much youtube stuff as I used to... aside from albums. Charlie Parra del Riego is a guitar guy I really dig. He does a lot of other weird stuff, but the 80's style melodic metal he does just rips! I just grabbed this one at random:

Can't stand Scott Grove... way too into his own opinion.
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Cracking the code is AWESOME. I learned so much about picking technique from that it's just amazing.

Chappers, ugh since he got his guitar brand out there, his content has turned to garbage. He hasn't uploaded a single video I have had ANY interest in in ages.
For me it's just the whole persona thing is so off-putting.

And yeah, whether or not the exact approaches presented in Cracking the Code work for you, the basic observations Troy Grady is making about the impact on pick angle, both relative to the plane of the string and relative to the plane of the floor, are pretty huge in the way they're advancing the conversation around picking technique.
MatiasTolkki likes this.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
For me it's just the whole persona thing is so off-putting.

And yeah, whether or not the exact approaches presented in Cracking the Code work for you, the basic observations Troy Grady is making about the impact on pick angle, both relative to the plane of the string and relative to the plane of the floor, are pretty huge in the way they're advancing the conversation around picking technique.
I can agree that the way he frames the whole series is kinda weird but it DOES bring a lot of new ideas that a lot of people haven't thought of when it comes to specific players' picking techniques and what makes them get their tone.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I can agree that the way he frames the whole series is kinda weird but it DOES bring a lot of new ideas that a lot of people haven't thought of when it comes to specific players' picking techniques and what makes them get their tone.
Yeah - I kinda tune out all the gimmicky jargon - I think his background was in some sort of management consultant/advertising capacity, and it shows - and instead focus on the content and observations, and it's kind of a goldmine of info. Even his stuff about his thought process transcribing a particular lock is pretty damned insightful.
MatiasTolkki likes this.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
dex

Why have I watched the Wix and Grammarly ads what feels like a million times now? Do you guys get more varied ads on youtube? I fell like every video I click on starts with one of these two ads.

Tags
mkbhd , techmoan , vlog , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode