Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Favorite Youtuber

13K views 61 replies 33 participants last post by  bob493 
#1 ·
Pretty much what the title says, I'll start with my favorite vlogers.

MKBHD and Techmoan

Do you guys follow any youtubers?

Bonus, are there any wildly popular youtubers you just don't get?
I absolutely do not get PewDiePie or Roman Atwood's vlogs and can't understand how they are as popular as they are. *shrugs*

#5 ·
Uncle Ben is the best teacher on YouTube and the only one I follow. Not only can he play, I mean really play, but he can communicate an idea to an audience with good humour and without patronising anyone.

I don't get a lot of normal 'vlog' stuff, i don't see the point in watching normal people talk about normal stuff. I'm happy to learn stuff on YouTube, but a lot of it seems like an overheard conversation between two hipsters whilst waiting in the queue in whatever coffee place is cool last week :(

#6 ·
Mighty Car Mods is one of my favourites, Digital Foundry is good with their Retro series. If we're talking guitar then Troy Grady Cracking the Code series is amazing. I also like ADVchina and Serpentza (same guys), which is a mix of travelling/adventure/vlogging in China.

But I'm subscribed to a lot of channels, I don't really watch TV but watch stuff on youtube daily pretty much.

#10 ·
+1 for Uncle Ben - he's funny, knowledgeable, great player and teacher. I also really like Steve Stine's lessons - he is a great player, clear communicator and one of the best guitar teachers on youtube, imho. Carl Brown at guitar lessons 365 is also very good and he offers lots of lessons...there are so many lessons on his youtube channels (one channel is for song lessons and the other is for theory / technical lessons).

Premier Guitar has a great youtube channel - I like their rig rundown videos. ProGuitarShopDemos is also a great youtube channel - I like their gear demos.

I also like PixxyLixxx - that dude is entertaining to listen to and he comes up with some pretty killer rock guitar tones - good player too...his channel is fun to watch and I like the tones he gets.

I also love Dimitar Nalbantov's channel - lately he's been posting mostly Kuassa amp software tones but he is one of my all-time favorite guitar players on the planet so I love any opportunity to hear him play because I think he is amazing.

Youtube has so much stuff - lots of junk but lots of really great stuff too - I find that I'm on youtube pretty much every day looking for something. It is such a great resource for learning.

#12 ·
If we're talking strictly music gear I'd have to say Chappers and the Captain too.
I also really like EHX's videos too. Some are pretty funny and they always have great demos.
Also I'm wondering if Bill Rupert picked up a lot of Rich's discount RG920's. He seems to have a ton of them now. :D
It's pretty cool that Bill also uses budget guitars, many times RG's, in his demos.

#17 ·
So I see a few of you posted in the Bugatti 0-400-0 thread so I thought I'd ask again here.

Any of you watch Doug DeMuro or Solomondrin or Vehicle Virgins? Maybe Adam LZ or Shmee150?
Jay Leno's Garage?
Anyone.......? :)

I find myself watching youtube most of the time. May have something to do with the fact that the missus is in charge of what's on TV in the evening and as I don't want to watch most of the stuff she likes I end up watching youtube on the laptop.

#20 ·
At least we know who wears the pants in your house!
:) It's gone full circle from "I'll even let you hold the remote control" being a thing in The Wedding Singer to 2017 reality where I don't have a say in what's on. :)
What's even worse than this is I have 0 interest in the things she watches like X Factor, The Voice, Talent, Dancing, The Farm, Bachelor, etc, etc so earphones and a laptop save me from guaranteed insanity.

If you like Shmee150, check out Carbuyer. It has the same vibe but James reviews regular affordable cars. :)

#19 ·
Sargon of Akkad and Vee are the ones I watch the most. Sargon does a great job of sourcing his topics and explaining his points in real clear detail. Vee, because he is romanian, typically I find a lot of common ground with as he sees a LOT of the same stuff I see happening in the US from the outside.

#21 ·
I highly recommend you create a man cave somewhere with 24/7 exactly what you want on a 65" 4K, if you still remember anything on TV. doesn't seem like you've watched any in some time ;)

I'd rather dream about cars I can't buy than hear somebody drone on about a Camaro. I can watch that on Motor Trend on Velocity, it's a TV channel all about car stuff I can highly recommend if you ever get off the laptop ;)

#22 ·
I may have made it sound a little worse than it actually is, I have a den but I only use it when I have friends over and I do watch TV but nowhere near as much as I used to.
I have a vpn with Netflix and Amazon Prime plus the main UK channels but there are very very few shows I HAVE to watch so when I don't find anything good on BBC or History I just go to Youtube. :)

#24 ·
Me. :D

Other than that, the "Cracking the Code" series is excellent, and on an entirely different note I've recently discovered Phil Gaimon's "Worst Retirement Ever" series, which will bore you guys to tears if you're not also cyclists.

Surprised by some of the answers here - "Chappers" sets my teeth on edge, lol.

#26 ·
I don't watch as much youtube stuff as I used to... aside from albums. Charlie Parra del Riego is a guitar guy I really dig. He does a lot of other weird stuff, but the 80's style melodic metal he does just rips! I just grabbed this one at random:

Can't stand Scott Grove... way too into his own opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.