Favorite Youtuber - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
dex

Favorite Youtuber

Pretty much what the title says, I'll start with my favorite vlogers.

MKBHD and Techmoan

Do you guys follow any youtubers?

Bonus, are there any wildly popular youtubers you just don't get?
I absolutely do not get PewDiePie or Roman Atwood's vlogs and can't understand how they are as popular as they are. *shrugs*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:53 PM

Re: Favorite Youtuber

Like: Music is Win (he's actually funny)

Don't Get: SteveTerreberry (no idea what people see in this guy)
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM

"Uncle Ben" Ben Eller. Great humor, great guitar playing, and great instruction. And he is a Jemsite member.
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
"Uncle Ben" Ben Eller. Great humor, great guitar playing, and great instruction. And he is a Jemsite member.
+1

(forum doesn't allow for such short answers, so here's some filler text)
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Uncle Ben is the best teacher on YouTube and the only one I follow. Not only can he play, I mean really play, but he can communicate an idea to an audience with good humour and without patronising anyone.

I don't get a lot of normal 'vlog' stuff, i don't see the point in watching normal people talk about normal stuff. I'm happy to learn stuff on YouTube, but a lot of it seems like an overheard conversation between two hipsters whilst waiting in the queue in whatever coffee place is cool last week
jono is online  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 02:05 PM

Mighty Car Mods is one of my favourites, Digital Foundry is good with their Retro series. If we're talking guitar then Troy Grady Cracking the Code series is amazing. I also like ADVchina and Serpentza (same guys), which is a mix of travelling/adventure/vlogging in China.

But I'm subscribed to a lot of channels, I don't really watch TV but watch stuff on youtube daily pretty much.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Reviews: 21

Mr Sunday Movies and The Daily Planet
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:08 AM

R&U Videos and South Front
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 09:56 AM

chappers and the Captian

love the gear videos
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 10

+1 for Uncle Ben - he's funny, knowledgeable, great player and teacher. I also really like Steve Stine's lessons - he is a great player, clear communicator and one of the best guitar teachers on youtube, imho. Carl Brown at guitar lessons 365 is also very good and he offers lots of lessons...there are so many lessons on his youtube channels (one channel is for song lessons and the other is for theory / technical lessons).

Premier Guitar has a great youtube channel - I like their rig rundown videos. ProGuitarShopDemos is also a great youtube channel - I like their gear demos.

I also like PixxyLixxx - that dude is entertaining to listen to and he comes up with some pretty killer rock guitar tones - good player too...his channel is fun to watch and I like the tones he gets.

I also love Dimitar Nalbantov's channel - lately he's been posting mostly Kuassa amp software tones but he is one of my all-time favorite guitar players on the planet so I love any opportunity to hear him play because I think he is amazing.

Youtube has so much stuff - lots of junk but lots of really great stuff too - I find that I'm on youtube pretty much every day looking for something. It is such a great resource for learning.
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 11:57 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Favorite Youtuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
+

I also love Dimitar Nalbantov's channel - lately he's been posting mostly Kuassa amp software tones but he is one of my all-time favorite guitar players on the planet so I love any opportunity to hear him play because I think he is amazing.
I love Dimi...He is excellent.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 04:23 PM

If we're talking strictly music gear I'd have to say Chappers and the Captain too.
I also really like EHX's videos too. Some are pretty funny and they always have great demos.
Also I'm wondering if Bill Rupert picked up a lot of Rich's discount RG920's. He seems to have a ton of them now.
It's pretty cool that Bill also uses budget guitars, many times RG's, in his demos.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
If we're talking strictly music gear I'd have to say Chappers and the Captain too.
I also really like EHX's videos too. Some are pretty funny and they always have great demos.
Also I'm wondering if Bill Rupert picked up a lot of Rich's discount RG920's. He seems to have a ton of them now.
It's pretty cool that Bill also uses budget guitars, many times RG's, in his demos.
Is that the Effectology channel?
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Just EHX's regular channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvWDj0wdRg
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:24 PM

I follow RayWilliamJohnson, he is awesome.

Tags
mkbhd , techmoan , vlog , youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode