Favourite and worst BEER!!!!!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Favourite and worst BEER!!!!!!!!

Favourtie, well any Ale or Bitter really, (sorry about spelling here) Theaksons Old Peculiar, Speckled Hen, John Smiths, Spitfire.

Worst, any sort of Lager really, if the worst comes to the worst and there is nothing else i'll drink it, but not if I can help it. Budwiser, Fosters, Carlsberg. All too sweet and watered down, not much taste to them. Steller and San Miguel OK though.

Worst thing is that i'm going to Spain on holiday again this summer and all they have is Lager Oh well.

What's you guys Fav and Worst Beer?

P.S Sorry about my dredfull spelling, no excuse really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:52 AM

One of my favorites :

Pilsner Urquell (Czech) along with Tuborg and Carlsberg (Danish).

Worst EVER : 33 Export (he he only good for "export", right ) ?[/u]
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 08:26 AM

Favourite: Pilsner, any better German lager - Warsteiner or Krombacher would do, Caffreys, a good Hefe/Weissbier - Paulaner for example, this one house-brewed beer at this one biergarten in Berlin...Some Polish beer can be great when i'm in the mood - Lech or Zywiec

Worst: Any watered down north american beer, Molson Dry being a good example (A. Keith's is good though)....hmm...i don't know, i'm sure there are worse beers around but i'm lucky enough not to have tried them
post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:47 AM

Reviews: 1
Numma one fave which was a short lived product was " Longshots " which was a Sam Adams brew competition winner, it was a hazel nut type beer, but had so much body and aroma, it was truly amazing. I believe it was produced out of FL. Anyone know where to get some?

These run close 2nd's Guiness, Sam Adams , spring, and summer brews, as well as their Scotch ale. The ole Black and Tan with Guiness and Bass, however I don't like Bass alone, a tad too bitter for me. Bader Brau is another one I like. For good ole long nights out, you can't beat a Corona and some citus insert.

Worst: BUDWIESER, BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! !
King of beers my @$$

Bamm
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:51 AM

I love Miller Lite. But I have been born and rasied on "North American watered down beer" and used to drink Coors Lite, Bud Lite.

Im only 18 and I dont go to school. I began drinking heavily just about everyday a few months ago, but since last Sunday Ive promised myself I can only drink on Fridays and Saturdays. I figure if I cant get a control of it now, then I might as well quit and start working on my 12 steps!!!

Its now Wednesday and it's been kinda hard but just cuz im not used to being this sober all the time. But its not something Im having difficulty with. I think quitting or controlling something is always so much easier when its you thats wants to do it, not someone else.
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:02 AM

I hear you brother. I've had to tone down quite a bit myself, mainly because my school work was suffering. And all we really ever drink is Natty Light. thirteen bucks for a case!
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:13 AM

honey brown, ane michelob honey lager rule (must be the honey)
guiness and southpaw are the worst!
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:27 AM

Fave : Watney's Red Barrel - Haven't seen one in NJ for a good five years now. So I've been drinking some of the Flying Fish offerings (try the ESB or Belgian Dubbel). Or if I'm out somewhere and forced to drink a major brand brew - it's Guinness. I msut have spent $70 on Guinness at the last Devils home game - $6.75 a pop

Worst : Have had some really bad brews but Yeungling lager made me want to spit it out, really. My friends swear by it, though! Taste is very subjective!

Any home brewers out there?
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:35 AM

mmm, Guiness....yummy. Newcastle, Sam Smith, ect.

The worst beer I have had was this stuff called Skullsplitter. Oh my nasty.
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 12:53 PM

Favorites: Ayinger Ur-Weisse, Franziskaner Weissbier, Rodenbach, Leffe Brune, Chimay Blu, Koff

Not favorites: Kasteelbier, any Swedish beer I've tried so far , Lapin Kulta, PUP.
post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 01:07 PM

Favorite: Guinness on draught...or Pete's Wicked Winter Brew.

Worst: Xingu (brazilian) or Sam Adam's Triple Bock.

Ok....now I'm thirsty!!!
post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 01:29 PM
EdE

Favorite: Killian's Red. Gotta like the new commercial too.

Worst: I cant remember the name of it but something like Elephant Beer from Australia(?). Only reason I had it was Old Chicago's had a beer tour and was one of the last I had to have. Budweiser too, but the commercials are pretty darn funny sometimes....
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 02:37 PM

all crisp beers are my favourite; meaning not watered down.

i hate bud, and i love canadian and pil
post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 03:10 PM

Best: Sussex Bitter
Worst: Lövenbrau
post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 03:28 PM

Best: Corona all the way!!

Worst: any Lager =P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode