Fight Night - TBE vs. The Notorious One - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Fight Night - TBE vs. The Notorious One

Since it's Saturday I was wondering who was going to pony up the hefty pound and who you think will win?

I'll be in McGregor's corner but I don't think he gets a TKO, as much as I dislike TBE because of all the boring fights, his defense and speed will make that a tough haul. It'll be the most interesting "boxing match" of the decade no matter what the outcome. Maybe Conor will slip in a couple dirty elbows when the refs on the wrong side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: Fight Night - TBE vs. The Notorious One

To be honest, I can't stand either one of them so I hope they beat the crap out of each other. Whatever happens I hope it is a well contested affair without any nonsense so the people who pay to see it get their money's worth. I would probably watch it if it wasn't pay per view. I don't know why boxing and MMA think that their sports warrant pay per view - they could generate more than enough money with the TV advertising revenue. Everyone should boycott it for that reason, imho...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

LOL For $100 I hope somebody bleeds!

But you're way wrong on the PPV vs. Advertising. Super Bowl LI generated $385 Million dollars in advertising. The PAYOUT alone on the fight is a 1/2 Billion. No way to get those number selling soap and cars, they're selling the fight.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
LOL For $100 I hope somebody bleeds!

But you're way wrong on the PPV vs. Advertising. Super Bowl LI generated $385 Million dollars in advertising. The PAYOUT alone on the fight is a 1/2 Billion. No way to get those number selling soap and cars, they're selling the fight.
I do not like boxing. With that said, Floyd Mayweather said he could make $300 million in 30 minutes. It does not really matter how accurate that statement is because anything close is equally impressive. Warren Buffett could say the same thing, but he could also lose $300 million in 30 minutes. Floyd Mayweather could lose the fight and it would not make a difference. That is what I call "job security."
Formerly Given To Fly is online  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:32 PM

I probably will end up paying for it, but last time I did for Mayweather/Pac the cable provider couldn't handle the bandwidth needed for all the people who bought , so all I got was a blank screen and a refund later.

Tags
fight , mcgregor , tbe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode