Finally moved in to the new place - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Finally moved in to the new place

so sick of moving and everything that goes with it. doesn't feel like home...i know that comes with time. i hate that feeling. here are some shots....sorry, there may be a few more than what i wanted to post but here ya go. still new construction all around us. we were in the first phase...that's good. once we get equity in here i can get rid of that damned PMI! all said and done, it was worth it...more space, coming from a small towhome. we gained a basement, 3rd bed, and 2 car garage, and a little backyard for the dogs. just lots to do but again, that will happen in time. the basement will be the studio but that takes money to finish it up. not sure when that will happen. for now i'm in the loft. not looking forward to the higher mortgage but oh well.....

Steve

Last edited by shredmaster; 06-29-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Finally moved in to the new place

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:20 PM

Best wishes in your new home mate!!!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Reviews: 10

That looks nice!!! what suburb did you move to if you don't mind me asking?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

we are in Elgin. that is the furthest west i was willing to go. it is getting so built up around here as you may know. it was either now while they are still in beginning stages in the area, or never, when it really does get to be too much to afford. where are you at?

steve
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Reviews: 10

I am in the South suburbs!!! Glenwood/Lynnwood/Lansing area!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:12 PM

If I would've known you were in Elgin, I wouldve invited you to our show last week at Penny Road. Our singer is from out that way.
Nice house man.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Olie, that's cool, we'll have to hook up sometime. Elcid, let me know when you're playing again! penny road is pretty cool. almost down the road from my brother's house...sort of. not sure why but i dig the basement there at the pub.

Steve
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Thats where we played, in the basement. I think I like that better than the upstairs.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 AM

Wow....really nice looking place shred!!

From the inside pics it looks like a mansion, but then looking at the outside pic it makes ya wonder how they fit all that space in there

Congrats, shred! Good to see nice hard working people get what's coming to them
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

thanks dude! it is rather large inside...not too big....(that's what she said) but it's the layout that makes it. the illusion is the house is LONGER than wider.....and yet...it is still wide. it's just the way it's laid out. it's weird how it really does look like a smaller house from the front but all the rooms are a good size. i have been trying to get used to it. doesn't feel like home. more things are put away so that really helps. my office is still a damn mess...just enough for me to get online. you saw the photos. i may hang some guitars in the loft on the wall here since i'm taking this over as my office. not really wanting to move to the basement when i have a window up here i can look out of (front 2nd story window is the window in the loft.) i'm freakin' on the house payments and i'm selling some stuff to pay off my car in the next month...that should help out. i don't want to spend the next 12 months making payments...luckily that is all i have left. i hope to make that 1 month after selling stuff. my wife is really enjoying it and says we'll be fine...but i was born a worrier.

steve
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 PM

Really nice pics! I am such a sucker for the French doors. The rooms look huge! Enjoy making your new house a home. I wish you all the best!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 AM

Reviews: 120

Looking awesome there, nice place, and congratulations!

Gee there seems to be a few Jemsiters buying their first houses lately, my wife and I moved in to ours around two weeks ago. Which reminds me, I better get some pics of the new stuff we've done online now, we have our new blinds in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode