A Finger cut that wont heal - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

A Finger cut that wont heal

For 3 years ago, I didn’t play for a couple a months, so my calluses was not very perfect, but that was something I should change again after I had purchasing my new 7 string.
Unfortunately, after only playing for a week I developed a finger cut while I was sliding and that is something I have not even heard of before. I have found a lot of advises on the Internet but nothing works.

I have even stopped playing now for about 4 months and the pain is still there even if I touch my fingertip softly with another fingernail.
If I’m using a magnifying glass for stamps, I still can’t see any damages.

Has anyone heard about it before? And best of all has anyone a (finger) tip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: A Finger cut that wont heal

have you gone to a doctor about this ?

Pain in a finger tip, could very well be connected to something else, like a bad back or a pinched nerve etc...

Maybe go to a doctor, I would !!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Actually, I am going to see my doctor next week because I want to ask about the same. But I’m afraid that because she can’t see any wound and it’s “just because of me playing a guitar”, it will not be taken seriously. Therefore, it would be great to hear what other people has to say so I can somehow… say something that sounds understandably if you know… what I mean.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.d.b View Post
Actually, I am going to see my doctor next week because I want to ask about the same. But I’m afraid that because she can’t see any wound and it’s “just because of me playing a guitar”, it will not be taken seriously. Therefore, it would be great to hear what other people has to say so I can somehow… say something that sounds understandably if you know… what I mean.

All doctors should take a patient saying they have pain from an old wound serious.. If your taking the time to go to the doctor they should take the time to take you seriously... Having a stranger tell you they have had a similar problem wont help you..

Just go to the doctor and forget using Jemsite... Trust me thats the best your advice anyone can give you from a Guitar forum about pain that only a doctor can diagnose.

Good luck !!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 AM

Reviews: 15

How did you treat the wound? Any other symptoms, like swelling, discoloration, etc.? Does over-the-counter pain relievers help (ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc.)?
I don't think your doctor would dismiss it just because the wound healed over. It's hard for us to speculate just based off the one symptom though.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: A Finger cut that wont heal

From sliding the finger, a small unable to be seen shard of metal may be embedded in the tip...

That has got to be fixed, because obviously whether you were a guitar player or not, it has be be treated...
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

# IbanezFreak777

My doctor once said to me with a serious voice and a smile; don’t search on the Internet, ask her. – But if her that I would call a bit of a oracle is in doubt it would be great to say that I have my own suggestion of what it could might me.

# Silverctr

I can’t see any wound. As I first wrote that even though I’m using a magnifying class, you can’t see there should be anything wrong.
I don’t feel any pain unless I’m trying to softly provoke the tiny little cut that won’t heal.

- I am going to see my doctor next Thursday and after that I’ll write back. If anyone should have other advices, then please tell.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 37

I know what it is man.

All your brain blood is in your one finger tip.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 AM

Exclamation Re: A Finger cut that wont heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
From sliding the finger, a small unable to be seen shard of metal may be embedded in the tip...

That has got to be fixed, because obviously whether you were a guitar player or not, it has be be treated...
After reading all the posts, I think this is maybe the case, yeah. In any case, you should see a doctor definitively!

Regards,

JP
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM

That fingers gotta come off..... ....jk...or am I..?
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: A Finger cut that wont heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos View Post
After reading all the posts, I think this is maybe the case, yeah. In any case, you should see a doctor definitively!

Regards,

JP
I've actually done this...They'll cut it open and use a machine to magnify the area and they'll be able to see anything...
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post

I've had this before. So yes, to the OP, I definitely hope it gets checked out and fixed. Also, maybe change your strings more often if this is the case. When they get old, they definitely start sharing shards of the wrapping.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
I know what it is man.

All your brain blood is in your one finger tip.

That's it....can't be anything else....but just for the sake of it,do as IbanezFreak777 says(good advice) ASK THE DOCTOR!!! She will be best suited to answer such a question. Unless there is some doctors in here that could help you out through a skype session. For a normal doctors fee that is.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM

Reviews: 2

Btw today is you lucky day,my cousin is a doctor, just pay to my paypal and i'll hook you up with him. I even let him in on your finger problem in advance. 1000Danish kronas and he says you get 2 skype sessions. That is fair i think.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Btw today is you lucky day,my cousin is a doctor, just pay to my paypal and i'll hook you up with him. I even let him in on your finger problem in advance. 1000Danish kronas and he says you get 2 skype sessions. That is fair i think.

I'm still thinking about that IQ test

Tags
calluses , cut , finger , pain , string

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode