First Day of School... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up First Day of School...

Well, it's about 4:50 a.m. at the moment.. I've been up for fifty minutes.... I'm about to start my first day of sophomore year! Rarrrrr..... I was enjoying my summer FREEDOM! Oh well.. It's over now!

There's not a TRACE of light in the sky. Maybe it's only midnight, and I should go back to sleep?

Naw.

Shoot!

I'm finishing my three-course-breakfast, (bowl of rice with cheese and salsa, cup of yogurt, two Eggos without maple syrup) and I'm about to head out.. You know, I've got the new clothes that SOMEHOW just don't look as cute after I just ate half the planet Earth.. And ...

I don't know.
There's nothing better to do now than brush my teeth and head for the bus stop.. *yawn*

When did everyone else start school/college???

~ Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 AM

Re: First Day of School...

I wish I still had school holidays. It's work all year round now
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Next tuesday for me
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234 View Post
Next tuesday for me
same here
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:29 AM

I started school Last-week's Monday !
The first word i said at the morning was "Weeeiijh" and then i fell asleep again
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
Well, it's about 4:50 a.m. at the moment.. I've been up for fifty minutes.... I'm about to start my first day of sophomore year! Rarrrrr..... I was enjoying my summer FREEDOM! Oh well.. It's over now!

There's not a TRACE of light in the sky. Maybe it's only midnight, and I should go back to sleep?

Naw.

Shoot!

I'm finishing my three-course-breakfast, (bowl of rice with cheese and salsa, cup of yogurt, two Eggos without maple syrup) and I'm about to head out.. You know, I've got the new clothes that SOMEHOW just don't look as cute after I just ate half the planet Earth.. And ...

I don't know.
There's nothing better to do now than brush my teeth and head for the bus stop.. *yawn*

When did everyone else start school/college???

~ Katrina
Good lord...

A. That's way too early to have to get up for school. What time do you get out, noon?

B. That's a way crazy breakfast there, too! I only know one person who eats rice for breakfast, and he is Korean.

After 7 1/2 years in college, I unfortunately don't get to look forward to starting school. Hopefully I will next fall when I start grad school.

But the kids down here in Florida started school like two weeks ago. Isn't that crazy! That's way too early. But this year I've noticed it looks like they don't even go to school until like almost 9 am, and I see busloads of kids going home around 4:30 pm.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234 View Post
Next tuesday for me
Is that the 5th? ....That's when I go back, well I guess I go Tuesday considering you live in T.O as well :P...

THIS SUCKS!! Gotta get ready to wake up at 6 AM, thats B.S...
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:11 AM

I have been out of school since 1994 when I graduated. I hated waking up to go to school too. It was the one thing I didn't like about school were the hours. My high school years went by quick though, some good memories too. Have fun in school, guys, and study hard.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:15 PM

Start college on tuesday. Move to Ontario on Friday. Last day of work today, with one hour left
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
Start college on tuesday. Move to Ontario on Friday. Last day of work today, with one hour left
Good luck with the move .

Regards

André

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez View Post
I have been out of school since 1994 when I graduated. I hated waking up to go to school too. It was the one thing I didn't like about school were the hours. My high school years went by quick though, some good memories too. Have fun in school, guys, and study hard.

Spoken like a true parent
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:24 PM

I left college last summer, and have had 1 whole year of work since then. And all I can say is, I miss school! lol, damn I should have made the most of the time I had when I was there. If I could go back to school today, I so would!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

wait until you guys find out "school" is a long, drawn out initiation to adulthood (with no guarantees as to the results on your quality of life or earning potential).

but seriously, we need YEAR ROUND schooling in the USA starting from grade-K... glen
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:27 PM

2 weeks ago....
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 PM

Think of your bank balance at school, and then think of it now though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode