Fish and Chips or Curry? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

View Poll Results: Fish and Chips or Curry
Curry 29 45.31%
Fish and Chips 39 60.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Fish and Chips or Curry?

Im sorry i got bored, but this could be a lot of fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM

Re: Fish and Chips or Curry?

Curry - no other possibility. Who wants a fish that has been drowned in oil?
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Fish and chips with a carton of curry sauce please. Oh, and I'll have a can of Vimto as well cheers.

Sorry, I thought you were popping out to get supper in ?

Ben
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Dee

Fish and chips. It has to be cod, though, no haddock. There are just too many dodgy curry houses around, I cannot vote for curry.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM

curry every time, I hate chips and fries....
especially those limp soggy chips that seem to be vogue at chippies....

last time I had F&C the chips AND the fish/batter were soggy....
I should have put it to better use, batter (lol) the chippy owner with limp cod....
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:13 PM

What an impossible question!!!!
See,fish and chips you can buy and eat walking down the road to the pub,where-as a curry is normally eat in or phone from home for a take-away.I absolutely love a nice curry (vindaloo with keema rice and a keema and/or garlic naan....yummy ),but then you just can't beat proper English "chip shop" chips (NOT fries) from a decent chippy,although i more often than not have a beef and onion pie with mine!
So,in short,i guess i just can't decide!! Depends on the occasion,what i'm doing!
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:48 PM

I Eat Fish & chips while sitting at the beach & taking in all the veiws, can't eat curry there- yuk!

Curry make's you do MASIVE FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRT's!!!!!!!! the next day & burns like hell, & what a mess it make's of the toilet & The sound track go's something like this

FARRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!!- SPRAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!- SPLATTER! - Strain Pain Grone!!!!!---- Small Meowing Fart!---BIG PLOP!!!!!!- MASIVE SUPER FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!!! ---- BigGush!!! - SPRAAAAAAY!!!!!- SPLATTER!!!!! -Oh God what a smell & mess!!!!

Last edited by jaken777; 06-22-2006 at 07:15 PM. Reason: To much Hot CURRY!!!!
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Dee

OK, let me get a word in here:

Fish & chips: Go buy a nice piece of battered fish and bake it in the oven. Cook it well, but don't over-do it, it'll dry out and turn rubbery. For the chips, get yourslelf a nice bag of RED skinned potatties. Chop 'em evenly, chunky (bigger chips are better for you), and for god's sake, leave the skin on! Cook them in vegetable oil, sunflower oil, whatever, as long as it isn't animal fat. Make sure the oil is extremely hot when you lower the chips in. If the oil is at the right kind of temperature, the chip should float on the surface, not sink. Put one chip in the oil until it floats if you're not sure.

Forget chip shop chips, they are terrible, often pre-cooked and re-heated, soaked in grease, and they are NEVER cooked for long enough. You'd think that the chip shop, a place where they specialize in chips, would have the best chips around. Not so. They are, in fact, the worst chips you can get. So take the time and cook yourself some real ones. The difference is like thin sliced white bread covered in an inch-thick layer of margerine versus home baked bread fresh from the oven with nice butter on.

As for curry, it's worth taking the time to learn how to cook it yourself. I'm lucky, my mother makes the best curry in the world. She doesn't use meat, we've been vegetarian for around 25 years or more, and my favourite is pea and potato. Absolutely beautiful. Never too hot, as I don't think curry should be hot for the sake of it, it should be hot and spicy enough but not so it obscures the taste of the ingredients. Try using yogurt to compliment it and cool the mouth. Eat with lots of nann and rice.

Over and out. Christ, I'm starving now...
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaken777
I Eat Fish & chips while sitting at the beach & taking in all the veiws, can't eat curry there- yuk!

Curry make's you do MASIVE FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRT's!!!!!!!! the next day & burns like hell, & what a mess it make's of the toilet & The sound track go's something like this

FARRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!!- SPRAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!- SPLATTER! - Strain Pain Grone!!!!!---- Small Meowing Fart!---BIG PLOP!!!!!!- MASIVE SUPER FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!!! ---- BigGush!!! - SPRAAAAAAY!!!!!- SPLATTER!!!!! -Oh God what a smell & mess!!!!
LOL, We all know that feeling!

A chippy or a curry? That's an impossible question. I'll have both.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman
Who wants a fish that has been drowned in oil?
Jumps up and down!! Me...mee!!!

Fish and chips in a heartbeat!! Although because of it I may have fewer heartbeats in the end
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
OK, let me get a word in here:

Fish & chips: Go buy a nice piece of battered fish and bake it in the oven. Cook it well, but don't over-do it, it'll dry out and turn rubbery. For the chips, get yourslelf a nice bag of RED skinned potatties. Chop 'em evenly, chunky (bigger chips are better for you), and for god's sake, leave the skin on! Cook them in vegetable oil, sunflower oil, whatever, as long as it isn't animal fat. Make sure the oil is extremely hot when you lower the chips in. If the oil is at the right kind of temperature, the chip should float on the surface, not sink. Put one chip in the oil until it floats if you're not sure.
I'm going to damn well try that, lol.
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 AM

Curry

But the after effects are the downside - farting and the smell oozing from every pore of skin
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM

I'll some chips please .

Regards

André

post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:10 AM

fish and chips. with plenty of vinegar and a bit of salt. and maybe some mushy peas. yummy.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
I'll some chips please .

Regards

André
+1, don't really like curries

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode