Fleb*y Feedback, What do I Do? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Angry Fleb*y Feedback, What do I Do?

Now I've bought & sold on the bay before (Alot more buying). When I sell something I always make sure its prestine or I'll list any defect in the item. The First Digitech 2120 I bought 1 1/2 yrs ago was supposed to be fully functional with no problems, only to plug it in and find out the input jack contacts were fu**ed. (Easy fix once I found the problem).

I bought a Jem777Dy a few months back that was only to have lite oxidation on the trem, and the bridge pickup changed out to a Duncan. In reality the Strings & Trem were VERY rusty, frets oxidized, filthy neck that felt like running your hand down a 2x4, and buckel rash on the back of the body.

Now I just bought another Digitech 2120 for a backup to leave in the studio. It too was to be problem free. When It got here today I plugged it in and it sounded great......untill I tried to use the gain, Bass, Mid, Treble & Mix encoders. THEY DIDN'T WORK! F**K!
I tried to contact the seller, and in the mean time I bought a can of contact cleaner, gutted the unit & cleaned the encoders. I also ordered new encoders from Digitech just incase they fail on both units. It Now works. The Seller contacted me tonight and said "it worked when it left here, what are you trying to do?" OMG, he must think I'm an idiot or something.

Well the short of it is I'm keeping the unit & never buying from that damn site again as every one I deal with doesn't fully describe what there selling and always hiding something.

What kind of feedback does he deserve?? If it wasn't for my knack for electronics i'd be screwed.
7418531960 check it out.

Thanks, now I feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:06 AM

Re: Fleb*y Feedback, What do I Do?

you nail him with negative...what do you think you would do? i think you should be able to determine whether or not it should have worked or not before he sent it to you based on the type of work you had to do to fix it.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:35 PM

Ive put in a claim before with e-bay, or paypal.
filed under "goods not received or not as described" - or something like that.
it aint a quick process though !!!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

OK, negative it is! He hasn't contacted me since I told him what I found and fixed on the 2120. I guess he knows he's guilty. All I want now is for him to confess that it wasn't fully functional when it shipped. (Like that will happen ) I don't know about filling a claim because I want to keep the unit now that it works. My brother in law went through a claim filling process and they made him take the item to a repair shop for a quote. I don't want to be jerked around, I just feel these **** suckers should list there items exactly as they are.

Like I said, now that I've vented & repaired it, I feel tons bettter! Thanks
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:04 PM

That's why I don't buy off the bay. My feeling is that, most of the time, you get what you pay for. Meaning there are no great deals to be had. I am sure others have done well. But, with my luck, I know I'd get screwed.

Glad things worked out in the end for you. Fbay
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man
That's why I don't buy off the bay. My feeling is that, most of the time, you get what you pay for. Meaning there are no great deals to be had. I am sure others have done well. But, with my luck, I know I'd get screwed.

Glad things worked out in the end for you. Fbay
S-man, there are some great deals on the bay if youre careful, I got this bad-boy on there a few months ago, already had an evo in the bridge..... sweet !

then I put an evo in the neck !
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:24 PM

damn dude, that's a SWEET GUITAR!!! i love wood grain finishes. what type of RG is that?

the bay can be good and bad just like people. it sux but such is life. i bought a couple high ticket items and cringed the entire time of the transaction. i needed a 3rd mini dv cam for a shoot we were going on. saw this deal from a guy who just "needed the money now" so the price was too good to pass up. luckily, it was mint and i never had issues.

but a friend of a friend bought some les paul once, sent his big cash over in money order, never got a guitar ever! a month went by and the seller never responded until one day. the email simply said......sucker!

my wife's friend dropped $1000 on rims for his corvette. money order across country. the seller was really nice in all the emails. he never received the rims. he did his research on the guy. turns out there were a handful of people he did this to...not just on evilbay but through some bogus site he ran.

there is a website not related to evilbay that lists hundreds of people telling their stories against sellers and evilbay itself. i think it's called the dark side of **** or something like that. pretty interesting. they go into details about all the terrible things evilbay does....evilbay isn't that legit, as we all know and when it's all said and done they could care less about you.

i don't think i would do it again, it's too risky and it ain't worth the money you might save.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:23 PM

I know what you mean. Items are never described enough. When i was lookin for my first jem i found a 88 Floral and it was said to only have 1 chip and a the pressure crack. Well i put a high maxium bid and about an hour before the auction is over i get an email with pictures and it has four huge chips near the output jack and a bunch of other marks. I was so pissed because i wanted a jem so bad. Luckily someone bidded 1575 at the last minute. I was so relieved. I will never buy from **** again.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Yes, Da'bay is starting to be a huge dumping ground of poor quality items trying to be passed off as new or mint. However, you can protect yourself somewhat by following a few simple rules that I have learned over the years (I have over 400 all positive, with about a 50/50 buy/sell mix)

1. Buy from someone with a LOT of feedback (a lot being into the hundreds, not 20 like that guy), with little or no Negatives (you usually want to see 98%+)

2. Do your homework. look over his feedback really well, make sure its not 99% stuff he bought, but actual feedback from people who bought off of him. and see what those items were. were they low cost golf balls like that guy, or high priced items? if they have negatives, what are they and do they relate to the quality of the item, or something like slow shipping?

3. Ask a SH1T load of questions, ask for better pics etc...call them if able especially for a $1500+ guitar. Someone who's trying to rip you off or is rather shady usually avoid questions and never give out there number.

4. Never buy expensive items from overseas..period. If you have to, use escrow, it cost extra and takes longer for you to get the item, but is safe and effective and can save you from major headaches.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

I'll tell ya, If I'm ever selling on that sh*tty site my stuff will be mint. If not it will list EVERYTHING that maybe wrong (which won't be much cause I wouldn't sell crap to anyone)....And I'm very picky.

Lesson learned......oh yeah, now that I left - feedback he emails me and says "I only used rpedit to write my programs. What do you want me to do?" I'd like to say.....F**K OFF........thats what you can do!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

2. Do your homework. look over his feedback really well, make sure its not 99% stuff he bought, but actual feedback from people who bought off of him. and see what those items were. were they low cost golf balls like that guy, or high priced items? if they have negatives, what are they and do they relate to the quality of the item, or something like slow shipping?

Who bought golf balls?? I couldn't tell what he bought because his last purchase was Oct- Nov '05. After afew months you can't look back and see the old auctions the seller had won. They become unavailable.

I bought golf clubs & they were not cheap...I dumped like $450 that day.......and I golf like S*IT
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:53 AM

Paypal isn't even that good. We've got 1800+ feedback buyin and sellin and we've never had a problem. We've paid all our fees to Paypal etc., but the other day my brother got ripped off for 160 for a bike that still hasn't turned up 2 weeks later, and the seller has pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet!

What you should all know, is that Paypal are money grabing $hitbags. DID YOU KNOW that when you pay with them because they are "so safe" with their $1000 insurance agains scams, that they will only get your money back IF THEY CAN (ie if the money's been used/withdrawn there's nothing they can do), and even then they charge $25 to do your claim??????

Fckin joke, honestly. Saying that, it is the safEST way to pay, and we've never had any problems before. I've learnt that it's worth asking for additional pics, just to prove they've got the item ie specific pics.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Reviews: 1

Lefty Rob hit the nail on the head.
research the guy's feedback rating.
I was looking at iPod videos this morning and the guy had a + 10 feedback all positive. Then I looked atht the people leaving the feedback, all 0's with no feedback themselves and the auctions were all listed with ?????????????'s and no descriptions. Completely bogus listings with bogus comments. Think I'll be sending this person my money?

One of my earliest transactions was for a Roland Groovebox for around $300.00, going rate, seemed ok. The unit arrives, won't power up. I inspect it and find the problem, a bum power jack. The bum, speaking of sellers, wouldn't reply to my emails and canned his user ID. I was able to fix the problem rather easily, but he touted it as minty-new. I consider it a lesson learned and make more careful decisions. The bay is still a good place to find a deal, you just have to keep your eyes open, and if you don't trust the listing, you have the right to request more info, if they won't comply, move along.

I'd file against the guy for your time and money spent on repairing the Digitech, I'm sure it cost around 30-50 for the encoders from Digitech, and then say a couple hours of labour. I'd hit the guy up for a refund of $150.00 or tell him that you are filing a complaint against him for the full amount and he'll have to pay all of it back. F**K him, he knew what he was doing when he sold it to you.

Bamm
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM7BRMR

Who bought golf balls?? I couldn't tell what he bought because his last purchase was Oct- Nov '05. After afew months you can't look back and see the old auctions the seller had won. They become unavailable.

I bought golf clubs & they were not cheap...I dumped like $450 that day.......and I golf like S*IT
one of the people who bought from him left this reply: "Golf Balls came on time".
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb
one of the people who bought from him left this reply: "Golf Balls came on time".
Oh Ok. Didn't see that.
Now that I left him negative feedback he's threatening me & calling me names through emails. I sent him (The bag of SH*T) a nice email back explaining what the bag of sh*t should have done to correct it or from it even being an issue in the first place.

Then I filled a harrasment complaint with **** Call me name all you want through email.....try saying it to my face & I'll have to try some of that stuff I learned watching UFC Like a knee to the face!

Tags
bridge pickup , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode