FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!

I am so excited. Seems like my baseball teams are kinda petering out late in the season, so it's great to have some other teams to root for.

Houston Texans may have a good team this year, looks like we got us a decent QB.
I hope the Saints can get their act together and make an impact in the NFC.

I am looking forward to watching LSU and I hope they can have another great year, but the SEC is gonna be tough this year.

Georgia is gonna be tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 PM

Re: FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!

Go Jags!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM

MY TEAMS:

NC STATE
PANTHERS
CHARGERS
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Geaux Tigers!!! Glad to see LSU getting some love. The Saints might be in for a good season but we will see.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM

Reviews: 3

I can't wait for the NFL regular season to begin. I'm super excited about the Packers minus Favre. I don't care if he's a fan favorite, the last 6 or so years have been tough to watch with Brett tossing the ball blindly all over the field. Whether we win 3 games or 13 games this year, it will be a step forward, finally.

All you Arizona Cardinals fans (chuckle), where is Boldin going to end up? Rumors are Philly, since they may be willing to part with one of their corners and the Cards need defense. I think that's mostly Philly fans hoping for a real wideout again. The Bengals need a receiver, but I don't think they have much of a realistic chance. Plus, when TJ and CJ are healthy, I can't imagine those 3 guys getting along on that nutty of a team. Ravens are another name I've heard pop up.

Don't watch much college football. Majority of the games I get here are Big 10 snoozers.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
I can't wait for the NFL regular season to begin. I'm super excited about the Packers minus Favre. I don't care if he's a fan favorite, the last 6 or so years have been tough to watch with Brett tossing the ball blindly all over the field. Whether we win 3 games or 13 games this year, it will be a step forward, finally.

All you Arizona Cardinals fans (chuckle), where is Boldin going to end up? Rumors are Philly, since they may be willing to part with one of their corners and the Cards need defense. I think that's mostly Philly fans hoping for a real wideout again. The Bengals need a receiver, but I don't think they have much of a realistic chance. Plus, when TJ and CJ are healthy, I can't imagine those 3 guys getting along on that nutty of a team. Ravens are another name I've heard pop up.

Don't watch much college football. Majority of the games I get here are Big 10 snoozers.
I'm a life long Jets fan. Thank You for Brett Farve. I'm also a big Farve fan. I already got my shirt. Good Luck!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:29 AM

I just want to see the Packers sack Favre once.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
I just want to see the Packers sack Favre once.
That's going to be hard this year. The Jets spent big money on the front line.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:48 AM

I know, but hope....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 AM

It's going to be harder for the Packers to sack Favre because it would involve both teams making the Super Bowl. Sorry, but I can't see the Jets making the playoffs.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Hoping my Sooners have a great year here!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

In the AFC its pretty easy to guess the good teams:
Pats
Colts
Chargers

But the NFC is the one that really puzzles me. It is a real guessing game. Other than Dallas, it's hard to say who may have a good team.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=michblanch;853500]In the AFC its pretty easy to guess the good teams:
Pats
Colts
Chargers

[QUOTE]

I don'r know about that. Those teams are due for a shakeup, I think. Pats are either very old or very young on D and have no good corners. None. Indy is also older and has had major injury issues since last year, and they have already started to effect this year (Manning and now Jeff Saturday). Both of their divisions also got better, with many of teams improving (eg- Buffalo, Jets, Houston, etc). Even Miami might not be a pushover this year.

Chargers should be alright if they don't go all drama on everyone with infighting etc. They just always seem to be a emotionally/mentally fragile team. Lots of talent, and an easier division schedule (and that hurts to say as I'm personally a Raiders fan).

Anyway, I think this year the AFC will look much different then it has in the past few years.

Tags
football

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

7th heaven season 10 rapidshare download

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode