Is this forum dead?? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM

Re: Is this forum dead??

You can't be certain of that, Rich.
diablomozart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Vendor

I'm sure I would have seen it by now if anybody did! Besides, I was a hot chick in that dress.
diablomozart likes this.
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You're no fun. But then you don't remember me dressed in a ball gown holding a Rainforest laid out on the couch, back in my Richelle days.

[and thank god nobody saved that picture before I pulled it off!!]
stop...i can barely see the screen through the tears as i'm laughing so hard lmao...d.m.
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

This is more action than this board has seen in years!! You're welcome. lol
diablomozart likes this.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 AM

Yeah, and now that action involves Rich in a dress. You happy now?
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 AM
Vendor

I can show you the before shot, Richelle was the "after"

Or was Richelle the before and this was the after? Eh, no matter!
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 11:50 AM

The old gray mare she aint what she used to be.
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I'm one of the moderators of the "Ibanez RG Series Fans" FB group. That one has close to 22k members and I feel like I see at least half a dozen join requests per day.

The one linked above is called "Ibanez RG/Jem/Universe Group" and has just shy of 21k members. That one is run by a couple of the original members from here who had a falling out of some sort with people here a number of years back. There are a few personalities in this one I don't care for, so I mostly stick to the one I help run unless there's a really interesting topic.

Rich, I think you'd like that one. This chick is one of their featured members lol

https://www.rockinguitarsonline.com/
Although, SOME of those FB pages are known to be very hostile to anyone who doesn't suck Steve Vai off. I
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
I come here every day at lunch time to peruse new posts and have for years. Also keep up with FB groups. More activity on social media nowadays. Still prefer Jemsite. Less drama here and don't care much for a few of the braggarts. Nice that you have every JEM made or boobs to show off with your guitars. Just don't need to see it every day. Don't really have that here and mods do a good job of policing. Maybe just I'm just jealous that I'm not loaded enough to have every JEM known, or boobs for that matter. A lot of the guys from here are on FB as well. Nice to see actual names on FB too.
I have tens of thousands of posts on interest forums over the past 20 years and was a moderator of one of the car forums I was in. The main thing I like about forums are that they are great at archiving information. But they're bad at everyday chat where permanence is not important. I think there's an opportunity for some type of hybrid solution. I read an article recently where Zuckerberg was saying that Groups is what they think the future of FB is. They've found that people have been going away from personally sharing things for some time and the interaction through Groups that are often walled off from public viewing.

I agree, one of the downsides of that platform is that it can be hard to avoid braggarts. I would suggest making liberal use of the block and hide functions. What you'll find is that all those annoying people contyribute nothing other than shots of their boobs or pictures of their guitars and you end up not missing anything.
mike570 likes this.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
I agree, one of the downsides of that platform is that it can be hard to avoid braggarts. I would suggest making liberal use of the block and hide functions. What you'll find is that all those annoying people contyribute nothing other than shots of their boobs or pictures of their guitars and you end up not missing anything.
I enjoy seeing other peoples guitars as much as anyone. Also like to post my own NGDs. But like you say, the few people that do post over and over really have nothing to contribute. One has since disappeared. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but had nothing to contribute whatsoever except pics and was a novice player at best. Really like to help answer questions and get info of my own. And send more customers to Rich. A lot of people looking for parts that were not aware of him.
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
I enjoy seeing other peoples guitars as much as anyone. Also like to post my own NGDs. But like you say, the few people that do post over and over really have nothing to contribute. One has since disappeared. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but had nothing to contribute whatsoever except pics and was a novice player at best. Really like to help answer questions and get info of my own. And send more customers to Rich. A lot of people looking for parts that were not aware of him.
It's funny she actually blocked me a while ago when I made some comment about her in a completely different group that apparently her minions reported back to her. It was really pathetic watching dudes fall all over themselves for her attention and it's been nice not seeing that. That flipper idiot Johnny Jones also blocked me when I told him off for his pump and dump BS.

I think one of the only people I have blocked is Rodney James, who used to be a member here. How many times can I see his same stupid 3-4 guitars? And there's another guy who I think used to be here with a large collection that just incessantly posts pics of it. That guy is getting close to block status.
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 AM

Reviews: 21

Aw, I dig Rodney. His pink 12 string RT is amazing too! And while I wouldn't own a vast museum collection even if I had the funds to do so I enjoy seeing the high-end arsenal shots.
Boobs? Yeah, I dig em but I'm married too. I'm not the market for Jodie's calendars.
Some of the super cool people seem to be on both FB and here.
Some people brag or pose or have giant collections and I'm okay with that. Like Frank said, as long as they're not causing a murder who gives a s**t?
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Aw, I dig Rodney. His pink 12 string RT is amazing too!
It is really cool. But I couldn't take it getting posted every other day. If I posted pics of my guitars like that, I'd expect people to block me.
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
It is really cool. But I couldn't take it getting posted every other day. If I posted pics of my guitars like that, I'd expect people to block me.
I can kind of get that. Sometimes I wonder if I gush too much about my own guitars and back off here and there; especially the RG20th.
In all honesty I prefer seeing other people's guitars rather than posting about mine.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Facebook has taken over as a communication platform.....and i use the term communication very loosely.

Being a part, admin and mod of car forum groups, there is a huge decline in members across the boards.

I've found that the real die hards, true fans stick to the home bases....ie online forums & not facebook groups.
Partly due to photobucket being ass hats and making people pay for hosting images, this has deterred people from making an effort in sharing info and images....facebook is too easy in that regard.

...plus, facebook has a group or page for just about anything, including businesses.

i wouldnt worry if this place is dead.....collectors and true fans will always stick around and come back/return

Tags
dead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode