FREAKIN' MURPHY!!!!!!!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
FREAKIN' MURPHY!!!!!!!!!!

Murphy's law in FULL EFFECT!!!!

Ok, my older son has a big gig tonight. He's the bass player in a punk rock band here in Chicago. He's 17, so this IS a big deal. Today we were supposed to pick up his new SWR 610 "Goliath" cab for tonights show. He's been restocking shelves for quite awhile at our local "Jewel" (supermarket) to afford this thing. At 5:00pm I called "Players Guitars" to let them know we were coming to pick it up and that we'd be there in about an hour and a half........ thats when they reminded me that they close a 6:00pm..........FREAKIN MURPHY!!!!!!! Now if that weren't bad enough, I went to leave the house to pick him and my other son up for the show, we have 3 hours til they go on so it's no big deal. R-R-R-R-RUHHH.... AH-R-R-R-R-R-R-RUH-HUH-HUH......... f*CK!!!!!!.........my truck wont START!!!!!! The battery is dead for no apparent reason except for FREAKIN MURPHY. It turns out that my alternator died, which isn't a big deal. I'll go to NAPA auto parts and get a new one. I always go to napa first because I have an account there and receive a 30%-40% discount. Guess What......... They're CLOSED. OH YEAH!!! ITS THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS CLOSED!!!!! F-F-F-U-U-U-D-D-D-G-G-G-E-E-E!!!!!!!!! "Wait a minuite....... I can go to ADVANCE auto, they're only down the street a bit" So off I WALKED to get an alternator. WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!! THEY"RE OUT OF STOCK!!!!!! WHODA' THUNK IT!!!!!

So now Myself and IBZRG1527prestige are missing his older brothers show.............
God I LOVE this Murphy Guy!!!!!!!

Ryc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: FREAKIN' MURPHY!!!!!!!!!!

these are the times you have to step back and say WTF !!!! i've been thru hell as a kid jammin out in bands, and your story is only too familiar...laugh it off and keep on rockin !!!!
ps once i carried a 50watt tube amp and a guitar in case on my bike for 5 miles in the rain...then we jammed...then i made out with the hotty in our class...gotta luv rock and roll !!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 04:02 AM

Kill Murphy.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 PM

man that sux! murphy's law has always run my life! ALWAYS! i will spare you the examples and there are many! i tend to look at it this way..... with all the things that could go wrong, and in the perfect chained order, that did, to prevent you from going to that show..... something is obviously pointing that for some reason you weren't supposed to be there. i believe that someone was looking out for you that day, if you believe in that stuff. I strongly do.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Reviews: 1

Dude, Advanced Auto never has ANYTHING I've ever needed. They truly suck.
I'm surprised auto zone or Pep Boys didn't have what you needed.

Sorry you missed your son's show, that sucks.
Where did they play?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
man that sux! murphy's law has always run my life! ALWAYS! i will spare you the examples and there are many! i tend to look at it this way..... with all the things that could go wrong, and in the perfect chained order, that did, to prevent you from going to that show..... something is obviously pointing that for some reason you weren't supposed to be there. i believe that someone was looking out for you that day, if you believe in that stuff. I strongly do.
I absolutely believe in the possibility of "others" looking out for us. And with all of the things in my life that go wrong for no discernible reason, I HAVE to believe its either them or "Murphy"..........

@ bammbamm: They played at "Live 59" in Plainfield. It was a warm up for a show at "the Congress" in December.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Well........ Murphy's back and is apparently PISSED!!!! I guess he doesn't like me complaining about him.
I have three new stories that make you say "WTF!!"

1. A week ago thursday, I had my guitars comfortably nestled in their stands. Somehow, as I walked past, I watched my USA custom fall over sideway's into my RGT3120. I've posted several times about the RGT, but for those that don't know.... Its my pride and joy guitar. It's the only one I HAD that was near perfect, it was definitely "showroom new". It now has 3 large paint chips on the upper horn with a 2mm dent into the maple top form the nut on the USA.

2. Yesterday I got a call from my brother stating that something was wrong with his car, could I come over to check it out? during a test drive the car wiggled like it was going to loose control. I got out to find that 5 out of 6 of his lugnuts were missing.....one of the studs was actually broken off. Mind you that I had just done a brake job on this vehicle Saturday and I personally torqued all 6 nuts to spec. He suspects his ex-son-in-law tampered with it......

3. Today @ 11:00 am my step-son was rear ended by a loaded semi truck while he was delivering pizzas. He was not hurt, but his car was destroyed. We got to the scene at about 11:15 and met with the police who, for some unknown reason decided to run my plates and find out that I'm driving on an expired drivers liscense. No Warning..... No "Hey Ryc, I'm sorry about your kid"......... Nope....They arrested me!!!!! took me to the station, did the paperwork and charged me $350 bond!!!!! While I was in the station, the arresting officer... I think his name was Ofc. Pieso**** got a radio call that the tow truck that was moving my son's car had been in an accident!!! Apparently it lost one of its wheels. The wheel had broken some of its studs off and rolled into oncoming traffic and hitting another car.......... REALLY!!!!! What the FUUUUUUH!!!!! can this truly be happening???

Thank God Christmas is coming soon, but I promise you that the tree has NOOO lights on it............
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Well........ Murphy's back and is apparently PISSED!!!! I guess he doesn't like me complaining about him.
I have three new stories that make you say "WTF!!"

1. A week ago thursday, I had my guitars comfortably nestled in their stands. Somehow, as I walked past, I watched my USA custom fall over sideway's into my RGT3120. I've posted several times about the RGT, but for those that don't know.... Its my pride and joy guitar. It's the only one I HAD that was near perfect, it was definitely "showroom new". It now has 3 large paint chips on the upper horn with a 2mm dent into the maple top form the nut on the USA.

2. Yesterday I got a call from my brother stating that something was wrong with his car, could I come over to check it out? during a test drive the car wiggled like it was going to loose control. I got out to find that 5 out of 6 of his lugnuts were missing.....one of the studs was actually broken off. Mind you that I had just done a brake job on this vehicle Saturday and I personally torqued all 6 nuts to spec. He suspects his ex-son-in-law tampered with it......

3. Today @ 11:00 am my step-son was rear ended by a loaded semi truck while he was delivering pizzas. He was not hurt, but his car was destroyed. We got to the scene at about 11:15 and met with the police who, for some unknown reason decided to run my plates and find out that I'm driving on an expired drivers liscense. No Warning..... No "Hey Ryc, I'm sorry about your kid"......... Nope....They arrested me!!!!! took me to the station, did the paperwork and charged me $350 bond!!!!! While I was in the station, the arresting officer... I think his name was Ofc. Pieso**** got a radio call that the tow truck that was moving my son's car had been in an accident!!! Apparently it lost one of its wheels. The wheel had broken some of its studs off and rolled into oncoming traffic and hitting another car.......... REALLY!!!!! What the FUUUUUUH!!!!! can this truly be happening???

Thank God Christmas is coming soon, but I promise you that the tree has NOOO lights on it............
Wow!

Now that is a bad month so far.

It can only get better from here.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM

UGH don't tell him it can only get better from here!

Something is going on man and I don't know what. It's beyond coincidental if you ask me. If you think someone is messing with the lugs, get locking lugs! And PLEASE don't lose the key!

Mercury retrograde is starting, or right around the corner. I'm not superstitious...it's real. This could explain some stuff. Good luck man.

I had a murphy last week. I fell on ice while walking to work. I'm downtown and walk a mile from the train to my job. There was no time to grab onto anything once all my weight collapsed my ankle. 5 hours later I'm in urgent care, nothing broken, but I couldn't walk on it at all! I had the rest of the week off work. Oh alright, I'll tell you the rest of the story. Moments before I fell I was thinking about how I was glad the B**** at work fell on ice the week before. She is an evil bully who needs to be fired. Everyone wants her gone. While thinking about this, I smiled to myself, then proceeded to walk across the street. A couple seconds later I was hobbling on one leg to get to the other side of the street. I don't take back any of my thoughts and am still glad she fell.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM

It's totally Murphy, the damn pull-rope for my Snowblower broke yesterday, now I need to replace it. Not fun to work on.

While the above is true, attribute it to normal occurrences. It's an old snowblower.

Steve, that ankle things sucks huge, but if you'd noticed you where you were, you probably wouldn't have slipped. Timing of these incidents can seem like the world is conspiring against you, but you can't think of things that way.

We set up our own domino effect against ourselves sometimes.

I don't think Mercury being in Recto mode has anything to do with anything other than superstition. See past the smaller picture and look at things that surround the events that were set in motion and see how you affect the outcome.
9/10 times we are the ones who create our fate.

I can't believe that there is some omnipotent force that is controlling the minutiae of my every waking hour, who the hell has that kind of time?!

Sarah Connor said it best:
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
It's totally Murphy, the damn pull-rope for my Snowblower broke yesterday, now I need to replace it. Not fun to work on.

While the above is true, attribute it to normal occurrences. It's an old snowblower.

Steve, that ankle things sucks huge, but if you'd noticed you where you were, you probably wouldn't have slipped. Timing of these incidents can seem like the world is conspiring against you, but you can't think of things that way.

We set up our own domino effect against ourselves sometimes.

I don't think Mercury being in Recto mode has anything to do with anything other than superstition. See past the smaller picture and look at things that surround the events that were set in motion and see how you affect the outcome.
9/10 times we are the ones who create our fate.

I can't believe that there is some omnipotent force that is controlling the minutiae of my every waking hour, who the hell has that kind of time?!

Sarah Connor said it best:
Note to Bamm from mr. murphy:

sorry i have been rather busy, however, i promise to be with you shortly, the snowblower was the best i could do with limited resources at that time
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM

I get my fair share, it's always something, but I don't attribute it to anything more than the old standard "**** Happens".

We bought a new washer and dryer, cloths were coming out funky, the installers swapped the hot and cold lines, no biggie, I fixed it, super simple, but still we washed cold items in hot water and vice versa. Again, small, minor pita, but able to resolve and COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED, In this case, by me just installing everything in the 1st place. Smaller, I know, but I've had my share ove rthe summer between car repairs and things breaking down, don't wish any more crap on me than I have, I get enough, I just don't see it as a conspiracy.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Looking at all of our locations......... Murphy MUST live in Chicago!!!!! My guess.... somewhere in Westlawn. That way he can get out of here fast (Midway) when I come lookin for him!!!!

Shred: your actually the second of four people to tell me about Mercury being in retrograde. One of my wife's friends is a "Psychic" and its her feelings that I'm supposed to be grounded til the end of the month. maybe she's right........

When people ask me about my beliefs in astrology/ psychic abilities all I can reply is that I'm positively sure that I don't know enough to make a decision. Am I fence sitter?? probably. This is the one area in life that I've never had any evidence show me that its true, but I'll CERTAINLY never say that its impossible. I have a healthy skepticism and a very open mind.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Oddly enough.... there is a movie coming out about just this sort of thing. The Adjustment Bureau........ looks pretty cool.

See here: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/...ureau-trailer/

Tags
bad luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode