Funny Craigslist story - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Funny Craigslist story

So some guy on Craiglist keeps trying to sell a Jay Turser SG style guitar and his ad keeps getting flagged and he gets mad and types explative laced ads and those get flagged and so on. So I posted suggesting that maybe his stuff gets flagged because he calls the guitar an "SG Classic" which it obviously isnt because Gibson has the patent on the name SG Classic. He responds by sending me four of the angriest emails I ever got, and actually argued that Gibson does not hold any patent on the name SG, he then calls the guitar a Jay Turser JT45 but still insists its an SG. I was just trying to help the guy, not even being a dick for once and he flew off the handle, and still doesnt believe that only Gibson can legally call a guitar an SG. I think Im going to start flagging his posts now.

Oh yeah, he also made the mandatory "Hitler" reference about anyone who flags posts. Says its how Hitler got people to kill Jews by making them think like him or something. I can edit the emails and post them is anyone wants a good laugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:10 AM

Re: Funny Craigslist story

The world is full of crazy people... lol
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:55 AM

I just wanna know what he would be like in person. A lot of people like to be "internet gangsters". I've never actually met anybody as rude as some of the people I've seen on the intertubes.

Nice story =]
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Well, I woke up this morning to 9 more emails from him. He now mentions that he is in fact a bad motherfxxker who is only afraid of bullets. Not sure what that has to do with his guitar technically not being an SG. Oh yeah, Im still Hitler.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
he is in fact a bad motherfxxker who is only afraid of bullets.
ROFL
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:50 AM

Edit and post 'em up. This guys sounds like the same type of guy that threatened to "kill my mf'ing dobermans" until I had a little "heart to heart" with him last night.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM

Got a link?
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

His add gets pulled pretty regularly so I cant link to it, but I'll post the emails.

1) Look a**hole It's Jealousy p*nis envy ,the term SG is not a copyright it's a guitar ! Nothing illegal douchebag ! Get a life ,you have no p*nis? Get a hobby ?

2)ALSO PUTTING YOU BIG FAT NOSE UP MY A**CRACK ! I HAVE PUT IT AS IT's REAL DESIGNATION AND IT STUILL GETS FLAGGED YES HITLER YOU A**HOLE THAT'S HOW HE GOT THE GODDAMENED GERMANS TO KILL THE JEWS ! HE HAD CONTOL OVER PEOPLE WITHOUT ANY CHECKS AND BALANCES ! ALSO MANY PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO MULTIPLE ISP IN THEIR HOMES IT TAKE 2 ISP TO FLAG ! I CAN'T FLAG THEM I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE THEY ARE STINKING LITTLE PU**IES THAT REMAIN HIDDEN !

3) DID I MENTION THAT YOU ARE A SERIOUS MORON FOR THIS COMMENT ? IT's NOT A MOTHER FUVCKING GIBSON YOU TURD ! AND SG IS NOT A TRADEMARK

4) (here is where he gives the correct model number) Jay Turser JT45 White Set neck very nice new condition Sells for $266 on **** HERE ******* THIS WAS FLAGGED TOO ! YOU AND THE FLAGGER ARE AS DUMB AS DIRT !

5)I looked it up on the TASS copyright USPTO IT'S NOT THERE ! regardless the add is for a type and is not misleading I have placed it without the SG word and it still gets flagged What we have is a group of adolescent idiots with nothing else to do !
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

6)Oh btw I am not a Kid I am 55 with 2 sons 21 and 24 And yes I am one bad mother fxxckerwho only fears bullets !

7)http://tarr.uspto.gov/ HERE LOOK IT UP !

just a copy and paste from the link

9)CUTE ! GO TO TESS OR TARR USPTO THE TRADEMARK IS NOT REGISTERED ON SG ! IT IS FOR ALLTHE OTHERS

10)blank email?

11)link to story about Gibson dropping their alawsuit against PRS

12)YES HITLER YOU BOOB ! BUT IT"S YOUR WEBSITE < FREE WEBSITE < THE ONLY POWER YOU HAVE IN YOUR LOW LIFE < THE ONLY TIME FIRST AMMENDMENT RIGHTS YOU CAN CONTROL! ALLTHE BULLSH*T ! IT'S AN SG AS IN LET'S FACE IT IT LOOKS LIKE ONE I PLAINLY SAY JAYTURSER AND NO GIBSON MENTION ! I GUESS THE PROBLEM IS YOU F*CKING IDIOT SEARCH FREAKS ARE SO DISAPPOINTED THAT IT'S NOT AN EPIPHONE 310 BUT YOU C*NTS THINK A JAYTURSER IS A LESS GUITAR THAN A EPI ! WELL YOU ARE IDIOTS ! PLEAS COME TO MY HOUSE SO I CAN GIVE YOU THE REAL STORY ! THIS GUITAR BLIND FOLDED WILL ROCK YOU ! BUT HEY 44 years of guitar playing makes me a f*cking ametuer ? I HAVE PUT THESE GUITARS INTHE HOMES AND HANDS OF FAMOUS LOCAL MUSICIANS
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Like I said, I understand why the guy is calling it an SG, I was just offering a suggestion of why his ad gets flagged all the time.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:13 PM

Classic internet crazy. Next he will tell us the truss rod works only if you loosen the strings.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 PM

Moving to chat due to language, but yeah this guy is classic Internet crazy
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

new one

You are a c*nt , you have to be Women are right always that's why we allow makeup , That guitar has not been played or registered it has the plastic on the guard the hang tags Box etc and a forensic lab will attest to that ! ! Did you get your USPTO experience from God or Kmart ! Gibson does not own the shape of an SG Or the name ! SG Les Paul is a trademark Explorer is NOT the shape of some of the 1958 guitars is!GIBSON IS TRADEMARK AND COPTRIGHTED Leo Fender Sued and lost over the firebird and thunderbird on his patent of the 6 on a side tuners Interesting Rickenbacker only has 4 shapes copyrighted the shape of the logo the crescent triangle !The paddle head and the wave , and the only body shape is the 600 series wave ! They own 8 color names Fireglo jetglo etc. The act that protects intellectual property cover items MADE IN USA there is a very grey area as to Chinese intent ! The head stock shape is a copyright on a Gibson ! So give me and your law vigilantes a break ! SUE ME <REPORTME FOR VIOLATION OF HTE LANHAM ACT OF GET OFF THE ****ING PHONE ! You may be talking to an attorney in YOUR defense of violating my rights of free speech , THAT INCLUDES WRITING !

It's important to note that all I am changing is a letter in the banned words, all typos, spelling errors, and capitalization is from the guy.
He also ran an ad on Craigslist calling me (well my junk email acct name) an a**hole and going off on a tangent for a thread that I didnt even start about him and his guitar. This guy's a riot
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Wow. People like that should be dragged out into the street and beaten because obviously they never had any sense beat into them. Jay Turser guitars are some of the cheapest guitars I have ever seen and I don't think I'd ever get one.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

I wouldnt buy one either, I just cant get over how nuts the guy is going. I was just offering a possible suggestion as to why his ad was gtting flagged. Personally it bothers me when Im looking for something specific and there are misleading ad titles. If I want an SG I want an SG, not a copy, but Im not going to flag the guy over. Some other people might though. Now Im too addicted to his responses to let it go. This can probably go on for months, or until I'm working again.

Tags
body shape , guitar playing , guitar tech , leo fender , les paul , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode