GC $29 Weekend - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
MFB

GC $29 Weekend

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/29-deals/?source=4NL8LK

Bunch of stuff is gonna be on sale for $29 (or slightly more, stupid tax) but still definetly a deal to take advantage of if there's one in the area.

Gonna call tomorrow and see what they have for 7 string pickups and hopefully snag a set for dirt cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 AM

Re: GC $29 Weekend

sweet ima hit up GC tomorrow, see what kind of pedals they have, thanks for the heads up!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:25 PM

I might get some bass strings, but I need to see if I can get to one first. Thanks for the heads up!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 AM

Don't do it. It's a scam.

I went today. I asked the clerk for the BBE pedals that were $29.00. he said he had one.
None of the stores were stocked for this sale, all the managers are doing is moving old crap that they haven't been able to sale. And that is why they can't do the sale online.

The clerk told me that he had about six things on sale.
Not six items he had multiples of, but 6 items . One BBE Vintage Buzz. A box of Dean Markley strings, and some cables.

The gimmick is to get you in the store with a BS sale. I was pissed.

Guitar Center NEVER again.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
MFB

They do have one thing I need which is an acoustic pre-amp but I'll have to call and see what brand it is and stuff, aka if its worth the $29
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
scam
Similar situation with me.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Contributor

Reviews: 1

If you go, just remember that it's a marketing strategy to sell stuff.
They are in business to make money before anything else.
~j
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
If you go, just remember that it's a marketing strategy to sell stuff.
They are in business to make money before anything else.
~j
Yea, I can understand that. Just please have some product.
I'll buy something if it's a good deal. Hell, I'll probably spend a little if I see something I like.

But when the clerk tells me what the deal really was, it just made me feel like I wasted my time.

However I will say, the wife and I did have a nice lunch and it was nice to get out of the house, so it wasn't all that bad.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:54 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: GC $29 Weekend

I figure if it's only worth $29.00, then it's probably some useless sh!t to begin with...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM

dudes so I went. the first two clerks i talked to didn't even KNOW there was a sale going on. finally i talked to someone who did and he said all they had were strings and other useless stuff. GC is like a whore... i depress myself because I always go back
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:46 AM

The only reason stores have sales is either a marketing strategy to get people into the store and/or to get rid of old stock that hasn't sold. Shouldn't really be a surprise that this sale is doing just that.

It shouldn't be that surprising, this isn't the first time GC has run a sale like this, and a lot of their other sales generally have these kinds of deals as part of it when they are clearing out some old stock.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM

I never actually dragged myself over there, I assumed it would useless stuff they couldn't otherwise get rid of.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM

Wait a minute, a store had a sale as a promotion to get rid of garbage and maybe get you to spend more money on something else? No store in history has ever done anything like that, especially not one as trustworthy and staffed with such knowledgable people as CG. Im appalled, I mean the thought that they would have a sale to benefit themselves instead of the customer. I thought they were nice guys.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:18 AM

Now I see why you 2 guys are Moderators. LOL

They don't let the rest of us play with sharp objects.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 PM

To be honest, I only ever stop into GC when I have a real bug up my butt to try something specific, or to go to the awesome "Total Wine" store that's right next to it. ("Total Wine" is like a supermarket, 10 rows of all sorts of wine and beer and whatever else that has alcohol in it. The beer selection is fantastic.) So, I may take my Bongo6 over to GC in the next few weeks to play it through some of the MarkBass amps, but I get my strings and nearly everything else online.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode