GIANTS WIN IT!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

GIANTS WIN IT!!!!

...now for the critical analysis of the game from those who said it wasn't going to happen (sad they're both from Jersey too.)

Rich from South Jersey: It just lines up the next target for the Pats to mow over. Rich, looks like the Pats players will be mowing their own lawns tomorrow....

Glen from North Jersey: i'd be shocked if it's not a slaughter in AZ but whatever, that's why they play the game. i wouldn't rush out and buy an HDTV to watch the game if i were anything but a Pats fan. Glen, sorry for the lack of the slaughter you were expecting, but are you shocked enough???

Most electronics stores have at least a 30 day return policy on purchases. You can try to bill the HDTV to the Pats or you can return it.

Last edited by kirk; 02-03-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Re: GIANTS WIN IT!!!!

BOOM BABY!

Man those Mannings are great. That game-deciding play was just awesome...
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM

YES! Love It! It was a very good game! For those "Ney"-sayers.....
post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Dudes, it was just a football game.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I smells a Pats fan.
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Yep... just a football game! But a good one though!
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

wow, alot of spew coming from a fan of a team just pulling in a lombardi. what are those two phrases "win with class" and "act like you've been there before"

i started watching the game in the 4th and was pulling for the gints.

glad to see the trophy back in the NFC east where it is best kept (and where it will be a few more times the next decade for sure)

even though the NYG have alot of classeless fans (i've been surrounded by them since birth and i sat at the NYG home games from opening day thru mid 80s) there are some NYG fans that i'm quite happy for . .. glen

ps - next year NY doesn't make the playoffs but a superbowl is a superbowl, enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
...now for the critical analysis of the game from those who said it wasn't going to happen (sad they're both from Jersey too.)

Rich from South Jersey: It just lines up the next target for the Pats to mow over. Rich, looks like the Pats players will be mowing their own lawns tomorrow....

Glen from North Jersey: i'd be shocked if it's not a slaughter in AZ but whatever, that's why they play the game. i wouldn't rush out and buy an HDTV to watch the game if i were anything but a Pats fan. Glen, sorry for the lack of the slaughter you were expecting, but are you shocked enough??? Oh, and most electronics stores have a 30 day return policy on HDTVs.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I understand his POV. I mean how many pro sports teams are there in Virginia? Cigarette production and greased pig competitions don't count in most cities of the world.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 PM

Oh, I hate all New York teams, but boy was I rooting for them to win. I was getting soooooo sick and tired of Patriots fans with their trash talking, nice to see them put in their place.

Go Falcons!!

(yea I said it, go Falcons!!)
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
I understand his POV. I mean how many pro sports teams are there in Virginia? Cigarette production and greased pig competitions don't count in most cities of the world.
^^ sad example of the the "fans" that litter Giants Stadium 8 times a year.

Kirk you really sound like an imbicile now... sleep it off... glen
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM

LMAO, I knew I would get some good responses from that. Dudes, I am not a sports person either way. You dudes make me chuckle.
post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM

Thumbs down Re: GIANTS WIN IT!!!!

Quote:
Gee. You're a swell guy Kirk.

___

Killer game though!
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
wow, alot of spew coming from a fan of a team just pulling in a lombardi. what are those two phrases "win with class" and "act like you've been there before"

glad to see the trophy back in the NFC east where it is best kept (and where it will be a few more times the next decade for sure)

even though the NYG have alot of classeless fans (i've been surrounded by them since birth and i sat at the NYG home games from opening day thru mid 80s) there are some NYG fans that i'm quite happy for . .. glen

ps - next year NY doesn't make the playoffs but a superbowl is a superbowl, enjoy it

I've still got 4 season tickets and I live in Michigan. I'd imagine we've both "been together" in different seats at any number of Giants games from birth to the mid eighties. My family has been season ticket holders since the Polo Grounds. If you're implying that I am a "fairweather friend" you are sadly mistaken. If you'd like to buy some seats next year let me know. The bill comes in April/May. Good seats too - 3rd row, 50yd line on the Giants' sideline.

Glen, you don't have to remind us of your superior intellect, we are well aware of it. I wouldn't imagine a man of your stature has ever talked smack.

Three Lombardi Trophies in 15 years isn't too shabby.

The Virginia thing is a joke, get over it.

Last edited by kirk; 02-03-2008 at 10:52 PM.
post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Glen... Sounds like you missed most of the game. It was a good game! The NY defense stepped up to the challenge and Brady never really got his game going. Sacked and pressured the entire game! No running game to speak of and the big plays just never happen for the Pats!

Manning surely isn't his brother.... but he kept his "cool" and did what was necessary!

I just think too many people didn't give NY a chance.... it just goes to prove, on any given Sunday, anything is possible. BTW NY has two players who are from the Pensacola area. Lawrence Tynes and Fred Robbins went to high school locally. Tynes was a HS soccer player at first and Robbins wanted to play baseball but ended up playing HS football.

Guess that's why I was partial to the Giants! Gotta root for them home town boys!
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
^^ sad example of the the "fans" that litter Giants Stadium 8 times a year.

Kirk you really sound like an imbicile now... sleep it off... glen
Who's the imbicile? A true testament to the Jersey public shool system. You must have felt right at home with the rest of us imbiciles AKA the "classless" Giants fans.

Get over yourself Glen - you know a lot, but you don't know everything.

I'll go sleep off my Pepsi and popcorn drunk after I put my kids to sleep. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode