Girls and IBZ- the other thread... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Angry Girls and IBZ- the other thread...

Girls...pretty cool, huh? Well, not to me! It all started one balmy saturday evening...

It was my bass player's brothwer's 21st birthday, so he decided to throw himself a party. A big party, and the theme was 'pink'. Pink hair, pink clothes, pink bread, pink booze, pink stage...you get the idea! It was pretty cool! He needed a band- We naturally offered! He naturally accepted, as we are one ass kicking party band!
So, theres about 150 people there, all dressed in pink, we're playing a rocking set, everybody's drunk. We finish our set with our reggae beenie man happy birthday song, everyone is happy. We get off stage, leaving all our equipment up there for a later clear up, as we have our post gig ritual to do-the four of us get smashed off as much booze as we can find. Everything's going blurry, and I'm having a great time.

THEN....

Rytham guitarist comes over, says 'some drunken girls moved our stuff'.

Oh.

Drunken girls and guitars. Bad combo, methinks!
We rush over to where the stuff's been moved to.....
We look at our brand shiny new RG421 (cheers scott )...
And our shiny new Gibson SG....
Some silly tarts banged the two together and chipped both of them

GRARRR!!! Only had the RG for less than 12 hours!! and it was perfect!! Completely unblemished!! darn women!

sniff....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:27 AM

Re: Girls and IBZ- the other thread...

Lol!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM

Dude....BUMMER!! That's exactly the reason why I NEVER let my gear (especially my axes) outta my sight at a gig!
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:38 AM

I would be raging if anyone damaged my RG421, I just love it too much, or any guitar for that matter. Like you said, girls and guitars are a bad combo. How bad exactly is the damage?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM

.... man, I'm sorry to hear that, but JEMMER is right, first step in your ritual should be to get your axe safely and then you can drink, dance or whatever you want to do after playing.., specially with drunken girls around!!!..
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Sorry to hear tht man....as for me, i'd be too damn paranoid to drink or do anything with all the equipment lying arnd unprotected.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:58 AM

Ouch. Sorry to hear the damage done on your Ibanez'.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM

sorry about that dude! that is why stuff NEVER leaves my sight. even if you pack it away in a vehicle it's not safe. can't trust anyone.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster
sorry about that dude! that is why stuff NEVER leaves my sight. even if you pack it away in a vehicle it's not safe. can't trust anyone.
Exactly Shred! Last month after a gig our drummer put his $ 3,000 symbols w/case into the back of the truck and came back into the bar for ONE beer. I warned him but he said it was only one beer and they'd be safe! That he's done it a million times and nothing has ever happened. Guess what......he's now out $ 3,000!!! (had to borrow some for the last jam) Never trust anyone when it comes to your gear!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 PM

Redrum
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Lol! Its a chip about the size of a fingernail on the armrest top edge- it's a Black RG, so the chip shows up really badly Stupid thing was I didn't even take it in a gig bag, as I was in a hurry- thought I would put it STRAIGHT in the back of one of the cars, but got a bit carried away on post gig excitement! My guitars I'm normally not that bothered about chipping, as they are all pretty much beat to hell- I'll post a photo tomorrow of my two main axes and you'll see! I'm just in the habit of leaving them around because I dont really care if they get extra chips, and I guess with the beers I just forgot to take extra care with the new one!
Anyone know how hard it is to repair paint chips?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 PM

Ask Rich!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Aside from someone walking off with something, that's the one other reason that we NEVER leave anything sitting unattended. You're just begging for someone to mess with it by leaving it alone.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:22 PM

Sucks BIG TIME!!!

Regards

André

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Do you still have the chip? I have an RG that got chipped during a session of fornication (it got knocked over). The chip was about the size of a dime. So, I found the chip, and tossed it in the case with the guitar. About 6 months later, I got back around to it. All I did was put some superglue in the hole, and put the chip back in it. Although it's not perfect, it dried in place, and you can barely see where it was chipped unless you're looking for it.

If you don't have the chip, as tacky as it may sound... color in the spot with a black marker. Then get ahold of some glass glue. Put a tiny amount in the chipped area. Just enough so that it spreads over the chipped area. It won't look very pretty, but it'll prevent more chipping from any rough edges that are there right now. That's not solid advise right there... it's just something I would do : )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode