God, I'm stupid - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

God, I'm stupid

Someone finally decided to buy my Strat, at the worst possible moment. I've got this big exam coming up at the end of this year, so that means if I sell my guitar I can't use the money to buy a new one. My dad told me this after I made an appointment with the buyer. I was secretly hoping that the deal fell through, but the buyer was serious about buying my strat. Being the good, foolish guy I am, I sold it.

So I'm stuck here with my cheap Yamaha classical. I've been meaning to work on my fingerstyle as of late, and the absence of an electric might help me concentrate on my studies.

God, I'm stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Re: God, I'm stupid

No,no I think you did well. I have a really important exam this year as well, and find it hard to concentrate due to several reasons. Coming of spring and guitar are the most important ones. Though I wouldn't dream of selling my beatiful jem, I wouldn't feel sorry about selling a strat at this point of my life. (Presuming that you have sold a standart strat)

Think of it this way. If you do well, you can ask your father to get you a Deluxe Strat. That's what I intend to do. But I intend to ask for an iMac G5 20" as well

Btw, if you can make some recommendations on concentrating on my studies I would be reall happy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost
you can ask your father to get you a Deluxe Strat.
Nah... He wanted an ibanez.. don't you kamikaze
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 01:26 AM

>> some recommendations on concentrating on my studies

That's easy. Just sit down and concentrate on your studies. There's no other way.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
Nah... He wanted an ibanez.. don't you kamikaze
Yes he does .

Regards

André

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Yes, an Ibanez first, then maybe something else.

I've got it all worked out: if I do well in my exams, I'll ask my dad for something with an LP style config, and use the money I got from the Strat to get a 5xx. It's high time I started hitting the books.

P.S: I sold a Classic 50's Strat. If any of you own one of these babies and love her to death, I advise you not to sell her (providing that you don't seriously need the money).
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Yes, an Ibanez first, then maybe something else.

I've got it all worked out: if I do well in my exams, I'll ask my dad for something with an LP style config, and use the money I got from the Strat to get a 5xx. It's high time I started hitting the books.

P.S: I sold a Classic 50's Strat. If any of you own one of these babies and love her to death, I advise you not to sell her (providing that you don't seriously need the money).
How much does it cost to get a Classic 50's Strat anyway? It looks like a collector's item from the way you described it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
How much does it cost to get a Classic 50's Strat anyway? It looks like a collector's item from the way you described it.
It retails for RM3500 at Bentley. I got one cheaper 'cause my uncle brought one back from the US.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
It retails for RM3500 at Bentley. I got one cheaper 'cause my uncle brought one back from the US.
Sorry for me being so stupid about Fender. My world revolves around Ibanez, ESP and Carvin.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
Sorry for me being so stupid about Fender. My world revolves around Ibanez, ESP and Carvin.
You're not being stupid. It's just that you take more interest in other brands, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 07:36 AM

How about an nice old second-hand RT650? Not much difference with a Strat (theoretically)

When I was doing my college entrance tests I gave my guitar to a friend and said: "look, it's yours for a fortnight if you put new strings on her". The deal worked out well for both. He enjoyed the guitar for a while and I got new strings and a very good result in the exams. Plus, when I got the guitar back I came up with lots of cool ideas, as it happens when you haven't played for a while \m/

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to your musical skills is not to have a guitar around...

Tags
deluxe strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

pawnshops are stupid
is slash stupid
what does stupid mean

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode