Going off to College, need help finding the right Luggage - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Going off to College, need help finding the right Luggage

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help here. I'm going to be leaving for college soon and I don't have a big enough suitcase to fit all the clothes that I will need. I don't want to haul around 4 different bags. Anyone of you guys know where I can get a nice large suitcase or roller duffel bag? I have those space bags that will help me pack a junk load of clothes into a small space but like I said, not a big enough bag to fit the space bags. The space bags are 21.5"x33.5". So Im looking for a suitcase or duffle bag that is 33 inches at most in length but it doesnt need to be exactly 21.5 inches wide. It can be like 15"-20" in width since I can fold the bags to fit the width. I've been searching online(mostly online versions of Wal-mart and Target) but most of the bags that sound like the right size are not available in-store(i need the bag by Sunday since I leave Monday morning.) So I basically need to know what stores that I can just drive to have a bag that is big enough.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in Advanced.

Ps. if anyone cares what college I'm going to, I'm going to Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: Going off to College, need help finding the right Luggage

Wow congrats, you lucky bugger.

Going to College (university) in Australia usually means a 10 min drive.

in melbourne all the big universities are within driving distance. In fact the University I went to, was walking distance from home...

You Yanks get to move state etc... no wonder you all go mental your first year away from parents... well according to hollywood movies I watch anyways hehehehehehehe....

Good luck
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, to be honest, I'm very excited to get away from my parents. It'll feel good to get away from all the nagging and crying.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 PM

Most kids will make the mistake of over packing...took me a few years to get out of the habit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Well Im thinking of only packing with about 2 weeks of clothes. And just washing my clothes every 2 weeks.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 AM

personally i'd go for the duffel bag.
more rugged and flexible

good luck with the move man.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 AM

You have to consider three things when moving.
1.-How much space are you going to have in your room.
2.-How often are you going to be traveling(packing-unpacking)
3.-Portability.

I worked as a traveling Software Analyst an I made 300 miles a week. Accumulated 45,0000 miles in 6 months and I can tell you, right now I can live off my luggage.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by einarabelc5 View Post
You have to consider three things when moving.
1.-How much space are you going to have in your room.
2.-How often are you going to be traveling(packing-unpacking)
3.-Portability.

I worked as a traveling Software Analyst an I made 300 miles a week. Accumulated 45,0000 miles in 6 months and I can tell you, right now I can live off my luggage.
1. I really have no idea how much space is in my dorm since every room in the Residence halls vary in size and design. So It's kind of hard to know.

2. Im gonna go to boston, walk to my dorm, unpack and thats it.

So can you give me a good idea for what kind of bag i should look for? Using the measurements that I gave above? And for under a 100$?

Tags
college , luggage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what's better unt college of music or burklee
can a guitar be hand luggage?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode