Going to Orlando for 8 days. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Going to Orlando for 8 days.

Hello All,

As the title says, I'm going to Florida! I'll be in Orlando for 8 days with the girl friend being an oversized kid.
We're going to Disney World, Universal Studios and the House of Blues to see Dashboard Confessional.
I was wondering if any of the Jemsiters had any cool ideas of what to do/see while in Orlando. Or perhaps you guys know of some cool guitar shops in the area. =) Any Suggestions will be great appreciated!
I won't be taking any guitars, or computers on this trip, so I feel like I'm going old school. I leave tomorrow morning at 10 am, and I'm psyched! I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back.
I hope you guys have a great week, I know I will.
Later
Nik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Re: Going to Orlando for 8 days.

Make sure you ride this:
http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index1.htm

Video: http://www.funtime.com.au/data/assets/video.htm?v=1

Me and the Mrs. rode it for out 10th wed anniv.

There's tons to do in Orlando. Have fun!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 PM
waz

Hey Nic......you're gonna love it.

There is so much to see and do, you will spend a fair amount of time in the Disney and Universal resorts and that's before you even get near the water parks lol.

Others here will no doubt be better advised to tell you the whereabouts of guitar shops but there was one in Downtown Disney....at least there was 4 years ago when we were last there lol.
Be warned though, it was very expensive.

Just go with the flow bud.....

Have a great time and don't forget them there pics

PS. Where are you staying?

Mark
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:20 PM

Orlando is a blast..

I went in 2000...wow I was 9-10 in that year :O
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 PM

I've been to Orlando a half dozen times or more, yet I can't for the life of me think where the guitar shops are.
There are all kinds of cool things to do and see, don't let them take all your money though.
PM if you think you might make it to the west side of FL, I always have a couch open.
Have Fun!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You guys rock. Distantshore, Thanks for the offer, it's quite generous of you. I think we'll be staying 4 days at the all star sports hotel, and 4 days at "villa-something or other". I don't know, the Mrs. made all the reservations and stuff. I just paid, lol. I can't wait to go, I'll probably be just as excited as the 10 year olds there, even though I'm twice their age, lol.
I'll be sure to check out anything and everything you guys recommend.
Later,
Nik
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 PM

Me and the Misses went and spent a week in Orlando and Disney last September on our honeymoon.

The only disappointing thing for me was that the guitar shop that used to be in Downtown Disney had closed =(

We had a package with Disney so almost everything we did involved their parks. My best advise to you is this: When you first get there your gonna have this feeling like you're about 5 years old again....go with it, just give in and enjoy everything. The whole area, especially Disney is just so much larger than life and over the top that it brings out those same feelings you had as a kid and everything was so exciting.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:45 PM

just went early this year for about a week. It was great. The two universal parks were the favorite for about all of us I think. Spent pretty much a full day at each of them. Check into the express tickets at universal. Basicly you pay extra and then you get the express which if it's a busy day can save you tons of time in lines. We only bought it for Islands of Adventure and it was a great day to have it, we didn't buy it for the regular universal studio but it wasn't too busy that day.

In terms of disney if you are wanting to go to more then one of the parks, there is like 4-5 look into buying hopper tickets. That way you can bounce from park to park the same day. Parking was I think $20 maybe a little less per day at disney and maybe $15 at the universal parks.

The guitar shop people are talking about in downtown disney is gone. But I believe the same people that owned it have 2-3 others around florida and I think at least one other in orlando that is open, i'll see if i can find the website for you.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:47 PM

double post

Last edited by nightfiend14; 07-20-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Tags
guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode