Gonna try running MAC OS X - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Gonna try running MAC OS X

So im gonna try running Mac OS X on my winblows pc with a program called Pear PC

...I hope this works,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:23 PM

Re: Gonna try running MAC OS X

Thanks for the update, I'm going to shower, then shave then get dressed.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

didnt work as planned, anyone got a copy of OS X they dont want?
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 PM

I don't believe it works that way eddie. at least not that i know of. at the moment, i believe mac can only do the whole dual os thing easily, but i could be wrong. why get os x though? i have a mac pro and i use windows because macs suck.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 01:46 PM

did you buy the copy of os x?

if you want to run mac os x, o think you should just get a mac in the first place. mac mini's aren't that much, and i'm on one now.

I beg to differ with Nordhauser, macs have got to be the most stable and easy to use computers imo. I have never had an error window come up with something like, "ERROR 2X9875, THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN ABORTED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPORT THIS TO MICROSOFT?"
Never.

of course everyone has their prefs, and you may like the interface better or something, but as far as reliability goes, mac is the way to go.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Thanks for the update, I'm going to shower, then shave then get dressed.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:15 PM

mac is just in style. it has the same capabilities as pc. mac doesn't popup like that because it'll just freeze or continue to bounce on the dock. there's not much you can do to enhance a mac either. on the other hand... whatever, i'm not getting worked up over this haha. it all comes down to opinion.
it is pretty stylish to have windows on the mac though.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:20 PM

Linux rulez ...

Just had to throw that out there.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Have a go at this:
www.osx86project.org

(works like a charm on my Hell D-810 notebook.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser View Post
I don't believe it works that way eddie. at least not that i know of. at the moment, i believe mac can only do the whole dual os thing easily, but i could be wrong. why get os x though? i have a mac pro and i use windows because macs suck.

It does work that way, Pear PC is a emulator that enables you to run OS X but you need the tiger installation CD and then you need to make them .ISO's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem#5150 View Post
did you buy the copy of os x?

if you want to run mac os x, o think you should just get a mac in the first place. mac mini's aren't that much, and i'm on one now.
my uncle has a mac mini that he never uses im trying to get it off his hands he says "they make great paper work", Im about to kill him for that I hate winblows xp
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser View Post
mac is just in style. it has the same capabilities as pc. mac doesn't popup like that because it'll just freeze or continue to bounce on the dock. there's not much you can do to enhance a mac either. on the other hand... whatever, i'm not getting worked up over this haha. it all comes down to opinion.
it is pretty stylish to have windows on the mac though.
true. i respect your opinion.

i actually run windows on virtual pc if i ever need something to run or other wise. it runs slow, but it works. i can't run boot camp since i don't have an intel mac.

but keep on tryin' to get it off your uncle, or apple has a few refurbished ones for sale online. you'll get the same thing, but not for the full price. i think you should also check that out if you are interested in buying one still. i bought mine refurbished, and it was cheaper and still has all the benefits of a warranty, etc.

i wish i could help you in running osx on your pc, but i don't have any experience in doing that.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem#5150 View Post
true. i respect your opinion.

i actually run windows on virtual pc if i ever need something to run or other wise. it runs slow, but it works. i can't run boot camp since i don't have an intel mac.

but keep on tryin' to get it off your uncle, or apple has a few refurbished ones for sale online. you'll get the same thing, but not for the full price. i think you should also check that out if you are interested in buying one still. i bought mine refurbished, and it was cheaper and still has all the benefits of a warranty, etc.

i wish i could help you in running osx on your pc, but i don't have any experience in doing that.
yeah I might end up getting off my uncle but he's stupid he has this mentallity that when he purchases something and resells it, it re-sells for the same price or even more, so yeah chances are I might get a refurbished one.

and as for the installation, all Pear PC is just like virtual PC for mac only vice versa I need a copy OS X tiger and make those into .ISO's with a hardrive image and bam instant OS X but yeah I dont have OS X and my uncle only has a restore CD that came with his mac and well im not sure if that will work, nonetheless it's not hard I just need a copy of OS X
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

well here it is, not as fast but it work's!

and yes it goes fullscreen

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 PM

cool, it worked.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:06 AM

Cool, now I wonder how elcid made out wit the whole shower, shave, get dressed thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode