For a Good laugh... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

For a Good laugh...

maybe you have seen this site and maybe you haven't. it's great for a laugh. Hey, if you see your car on there, don't get mad at me!

www.beaterz.com

click on reviews.....check out these pitiful "rides"

also don't forget to read this guy's viewer mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 05:48 PM

Re: For a Good laugh...

Viewer mail seems to be down, which sucks becaues I love reading chumps trying to convince people their Cavalier, Neon or Civic is the cat's ass.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 PM

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 PM

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
Viewer mail seems to be down, which sucks becaues I love reading chumps trying to convince people their Cavalier, Neon or Civic is the cat's ass.
People like that need to be eliminated from the human race all together. It's a Civic/Neon/Cavalier/Midget-lemon-mobile. Stop wasting money on trying to make it look worse with a spoiler that's as big as the car is and buy a real car!

That website does show how lame we've all become...

I must add pictures of my friend's Cavalier that he bought at a junkyrd for $50 to the "It Still Runs" section (that ended up serving him as reliable enough transportation that he never brought anything better, suprisingly).
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

it is hilarious dude! except you were wrong when you said "how lame we've all become"......no just some of us. and i wonder.....if they were ever one of us. NOPE. it's a joke. everytime one of those losers passes by i try not to look cuz you know they are thinking.....that guy thinks i have a sweet ride...when really i'm thinking, what a piece of crap! it's amazing they think a couple stickers and a fart pipe on their exhaust turns them into a nascar....oh and don't forget the aerodynamic erector set WING! losers.

my friend and i are always getting the offer to race at red lights from these losers.....we have souped up trans am and camaro. our response to them is always...... what are you thinkin'? we just let them plunder ahead when it turns green.....hehehe.

i love that site!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster
it is hilarious dude! except you were wrong when you said "how lame we've all become"......no just some of us. and i wonder.....if they were ever one of us. NOPE. it's a joke. everytime one of those losers passes by i try not to look cuz you know they are thinking.....that guy thinks i have a sweet ride...when really i'm thinking, what a piece of crap! it's amazing they think a couple stickers and a fart pipe on their exhaust turns them into a nascar....oh and don't forget the aerodynamic erector set WING! losers.

+1,000,000 EXACTLY what i think!! What age Trans Am/Camaro do you have?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

the TA is a '99, all black with dark grey leather interior. i saw it and had to have it a couple years ago. i take the train downtown to work everyday so there are not miles being tacked on, which is good. not sure how old my friend's Camaro is....i think it's 2000. he went nuts with customizing it...headers, straight pipes, supercharger. he relocated the battery to the rear of the car, put roll cage in, took out rear seats, radio....anything that causes weight while at the track.....i think it's overkill but hey, it's his thing. like we are with our jems and gear, he is with his car...top of the line everything; shift kits, he redid his trans with custom parts, etc etc....he's crazy...but that's me.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:35 PM

NICE!! Lovely cars,nothing beats american cars IMO.I have an older Camaro, '88. She's standard (IROC-Z ,350 tpi motor),and she ain't mint condition,but i love her And she's white to match my 7vwh!!!!!
Has your friend got any 1/4 mile times with it??
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 PM

There's a couple of local kids round our way who have hatch backs that have obviously had £3k plus spent on them in the way of wheels, body kits, wings etc.
I love the fact that these kids think they're so down with car tuning and that they spend many hours talking to each other in the towns main car park about what they're going to put on there car next.
A couple of them aproached me a few months ago, asking questions about my Mitsubishi FTO. I was loading some shopping into the boot at the time but thought it only polite to seem interested in there cars too. One of these kids bought his Citroen Saxo for £7k and had spent £3k on it since. It had massive wheels on it and a huge spoiler on the back (I don't understand huge spoilers on front wheel drive hatchbacks ????). He assured me it was good for 160bhp.
He then said "so, how about yours ?" and I took great joy in replying "Yeah, I bought her for £4.5k, I've since spent aprox 1pound 99p on a new air freshener, She's V6, already modded with an HKS pipe when I imported her and she's good for 206bhp". With that I got in the car and drove off. When I got out of sight I punched the air and did a Homer Simpson style shout of "In your face kid !!! ".
Sometimes life jumps up and kicks you in the balls to make you feel terrible and other times spotty kids aproach you in the car park trying to show off about there hatchback.

Ben
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Regards

André

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 05:46 PM

You should've done it to his face

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode