Google Analytics / SEO Auditing tool - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
dex

Google Analytics / SEO Auditing tool

This is a question for those of you who own or administer webpages for whatever reason.

Do you guys take advantage of the Google Analytics tool (or any other web site auditing tool) to improve your website rank/load time/whatever?

Do you find Google Analytics overwhelming and how often do you use it?

Only asking as lately many web design/ hosting companies give you an access to some sort of auditing tool (presumably linked to Google Analytics) that shows you all your website shortcomings in an idiot proof simplified way and was just wondering if that sort of thing actually adds value to the experience or is it just another marketing gimmick?

Last edited by dex; 12-29-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 03:27 PM

Re: Google Analytics / SEO Auditing tool

I own a few companies that use it, only a fool would run a site/ecommerce business without actively monitoring stats.

That tool you described is 100% pointless. Analytics is very user-friendly and easy to use. I taught all my employees how to use with skype and a 5 minutes screen share.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
dex

Great, thanks for the quick reply, so Google Analytics is all you need.
Follow up question, does Google Analytics show things like these?

I realise you'd still need a web developer to help with these issues but would you say having access to something that shows you these would be helpful or still no?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:32 PM

No but a plugin like yoast will.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
No but a plugin like yoast will.
I use the Yoast SEO plug-in for my WordPress blog. Nothing beats good old fashioned SEO knowledge, but something like Yoast is the next best thing if you're running a WordPress site and don't have a knack for optimizing your copy and whatnot.

Tags
analytics , google , marketing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode