Guitar Companies and Market Research - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 PM

Re: Guitar Companies and Market Research

Have to agree about the new American Standard Strats, they are really nice guitars and the quality for your dollar is excellent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Strat pricing has been remarkably stable in the last 20 years while a lot of companies have gone up quite a lot, they've made some really sensible design choices, and overall their fit and finish has been excellent - I think the modern strats they're producing today are quite a bit nicer than what they were building back in the 90s when I bought mine, and even those were really pretty good. You may not like their spec choices - singlecoil pickups and non-locking trems aren't for everyone, and I totally get that - but the quality of what they're producing has been stepped up, and the pricing is essentially flat from 20 years ago. Whoever is running that company is doing a damned good job of it.
Andy Mooney (CEO)
Evan Jones (CMO)
James S. Broenen (CFO)

I won't lie, I want this guitar (The Showmaster in Frost Gold): http://fendercolorchart.webatu.com/c...9FrostGold.php
I played a $5000+ relic Strat that made me understand why people buy $5000+ relic Strats...sort of.
I saw one of these in person: http://www.fendercustomshop.com/amps...-edition-120v/ It was cool!

It is difficult to compare Fender from 20 years ago to FMIC of today. What used to be an "option" is now a new standard model from the "Fender Custom Shop." The have diluted what a "custom shop" guitar is, which would normally anger those particular customers except for the the fact you can have a Fender "Master Built" Custom Shop Strat for only a couple thousand more. The Custom Shop price list is available and you can spend around $6500 before an actual guitar comes into the picture. I do not know how you want phrase it, but you can spend as much money on a Fender as you would like because there is no ceiling.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Nowhere close to a scientific sample, but I probably wouldn't want that in a guitar. I've tended to prefer the sound of guitars with MORE mass in their necks, and while I'd certainly give it a try, an ultra-light neck would have me a little concerned about sustain and resonance.
I did not know a scientific sample was needed. What would qualify?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

I do not frequent the Ibanez website FAQ section all that often, but I've been there before, and recently paid it a visit. I feel like I would have remembered Ibanez comparing LACS guitars to "concept cars" and calling the LACS their "Research & Design" facility. Is that part new? I must admit, the idea of owning a "Reseach & Design Facility guitar" sounds much less appealing than owning a "LACS guitar." Perhaps that was their intention?

"Can I have a guitar custom made for me? Can I order a guitar in a color that doesn't appear on the website/catalog. Can I order a bass with active vs. passive pickup?
Because of the increasing demand for Ibanez guitars overall, Ibanez does not build custom guitars at this time (we have at different periods in the past). The only guitars and finishes available are those in the current catalogue or on the website . An exception are the limited production models such as anniversary guitars offered by different Ibanez retailers that feature non-standard combinations of hardware, finishes, etc.
Most non-standard guitars played by our artists are prototypes made by our Research and Design facility in Los Angeles. These prototype guitars can be compared to "concept cars"--they allow Ibanez to figure our what features should be (and shouldn’t be) offered in our regular models.
"
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 03:03 AM

Hi guys,

I'm working on my last project of the course: A study of guitar branding and the musical market analysis. I found the article on ibisworld: Acoustic & Electric Guitar Manufacturing Industry in the US - Market Research Report but the statistics materials are quite old (201 and I need the information from 2019. Does anyone have the pdf of Global Guitar Market 2019 Industry Research Report? I'd appreciate any help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode