Guitar Hero 5 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Guitar Hero 5

I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a thread about this? I'm sure most people here probably can really play the songs, like Randy Marsh, but has anyone else purchased this game? On the previous generation Guitar Hero: World Tour, they introduced customizable characters and guitars, but it was mostly Gibson and Fender with BC Rich for some reason. Now on 5 they've added Ibanez.

It's pretty cool. Right off the bat they give you an RG, S and Xiphos. They even have correct Ibanez logos, Edge Pros and vine inlays. I made my own super hot chick character and made her a surprisingly accurate J-Custom RG8570TV (although the vine is technically the Jem vine and the headstock is the regular Ibanez logo). At some point in the game, there is an Ibanez "endorsement" you can unlock, so hopefully they'll have a Jem in there.

Anyways, thought I'd share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 01:49 PM

Re: Guitar Hero 5

Man, seems like a sick game.
Is it out for PS2?
I'll search it out.
I never knew Ibanez got into the music game world.
Sold! I need to find this game, is it out yet?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 04:25 PM

Reviews: 2

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009...hero-5-review/
(Half hour long rant. Dunno how he does it)

Children of Bodom would be the only reason i'd buy it, and one song isn't enough.

I liked GH3, but World Tour is f*cked up and wrecked the whole series beyond repair.

Worse yet, I got the Wii version for both. So the graphics are laughable, and the automatically generated bands are horrible. Metallica and almost every other band in existance does not have a female in it. And everyone dresses up in leather and spikes for a korn song? lol. The loading screens take forever, and the wii always crashes when you try to go in practice mode (So much for beating hot for teacher on expert)
Tell me, what percentage of songs on GH 5 do you really like. Not just don't mind, but actually like?

Suffice it to say I won't be buying any guitar hero game any time soon.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 PM

I don't think many people on here are that into Guitar Hero.

A birthday present which some mates are making for me.

Last edited by skins345669; 09-13-2009 at 04:43 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Reviews: 15

I really enjoyed GH3 (and GH-Metallica slightly less so, despite the choice of tunes) and I'll be buying GH5 for something to do.

We all know it's no substitute for the real thing but it's a good laugh all the same, and it works much better with someone else on a second guitar and a steady supply of alcohol...

I'd love to think it was making kids take up the guitar who wouldn't have bothered otherwise, but I don't know whether this is the case. If anything, it might put them off when they pick up the real thing and realise they can't immediately play Through The Fire And Flames.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Muffin View Post
http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009...hero-5-review/
(Half hour long rant. Dunno how he does it)

Children of Bodom would be the only reason i'd buy it, and one song isn't enough.

I liked GH3, but World Tour is f*cked up and wrecked the whole series beyond repair.
Totally agree. I bought Metallica, but was ready to stop buying these games after World Tour. But right now if you buy 5 before the end of the month, they send you Guitar Hero: Van Halen for free. Yes, free. Couldn't pass that deal up, since I was gonna buy it anways. Most of the songs are terrible, like you said.

Obviously Guitar Hero is not like real guitar, but it's a really fun game to play with other people, especially if they don't play guitar. I was at a friend's house on Friday night and we had three of us all playing and drinking some beers. On this version, everyone can play guitar, so you don't have to have someone play bass and sing. It will also upload material from your old versions into this game and transform them into band mode, which is pretty cool.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM

I didn't go anywhere near 5, i just didn't think there where any songs on there that made sense to buy the game.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM

i havnet tried it yet, is it better then the rest or did they just try to make it better and epically fail?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode