"Guitar Room" - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

"Guitar Room"

So we have this extra room that the kids/wife say is haunted... (by a ghost they call Oogalock?) so I moved in a while back. I was messing around last night and snapped a couple pics. First time I ever had my own little place for playing, tech work, recording... etc. It's nothing fancy, but I spend a lot of time in here and enjoy it. My grandson plays in here too... those are his two acoustics in the 3rd pic, in hopes that he doesn't grab mine off the stand. So nice to have my stuff set up and ready to go... encourages me to play more, for sure.

So where do you play guitar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 06:59 PM

Re: "Guitar Room"

We're lucky enough to have a spare room here too, I've been using it for a few months now, however I've just pulled apart an old bunk bed and until it's gone the upper half of it lives in the spare room too, so it's half a Room at the moment. There's still enough room to play the Guitar etc, You just wouldn't invite friends over to rock out. Especially with Ibanez headstocks - Someone would end up stabbed.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 09:51 PM

That's cool. It really helps to have our own space to do what we love to do. Even IF we're not always alone.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

It really is nice to have it... for the last 20+ years I had my amp in a corner of the bedroom and guitar in it's case. Most of the time my guitar room has toys and other stuff, kind of a catch-all room. I snapped the pic because it was fairly clean at the moment... usually there is a tub of my grandson's Duplo blocks scattered around. Oh, and his fire engine. He uses one of my cords for a fire hose... plugs it in to the Carvin amp and turns the dials to turn the water on... lol.

I told the ghost that as long as he leaves my guitars alone, we're cool. I told him if he messes with anything I'll get a priest to bless a bag for my shop vac and I'll suck him up Ghostbuster style.

The only bad thing about having room is that I've been buying guitars... but I guess thats not really a bad thing.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 02:03 PM

Just a boring ole room, no ghosts.

Still trying to figure out a good spot for the reference speakers. their position is not ideal. Otherwise kind of cozy, this is the middle bedroom upstairs. Part of the reason an amp is not working in our household. I did't realize it was a problem until informed last week.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Thats a nice place to do your thing! Dig that strat too... What kind of bass is that hanging next to it?

I don't really crank it up too often anymore. That 5 watt Blackstar is what I use when I do. Plenty of horsepower for my little room, but I crank it up when the family is out. Sometimes I just use the little Vestax monitors through the ME-80, especially for recording direct so I hear the recorded sound better. What sounds good through the amp is not always what sounds good to record. Would be nice to mic my amp someday.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 PM

Looks like you got basically the same space I do. I think this is a 10x10 room.

It's an Ibanez SR300. Great bass, it developed some fret sprout this last winter. Needs some TLC but it has a ton of different sounds to it, very versatile.

Thanks, the strat is one of the best playing guitars I have owned. After sorting it out with Sweetwater it has become my #1.

Yeah, thats where we were having some problems too, the micing it up thing. Wanted to kind of crank it to get a good sound to record. Not conducive to a happy household.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

I think you are close on room size. Seems to work ok except for too many guitars.. I just don't know where to store them.

SR300? Is that the "Soundgear" model? I'd love to upgrade to a better bass. I have an old mid-70's Peavey T-40, solid ash and heavy... but fairly versatile. Just doesn't seem to get that good modern bass growl. I have to keep it though... I bought it when I was 15.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 01:07 PM

Hang them. You have some wall space it looks like, unless those are outer walls, looks like at least one of them is but if you have some inner wall space, hanging them both keeps them out of harms way and free's up floor space. Put the cases away in a closet somewhere.

Yes, soundgear. They are $300-350 and can be found used cheaper. Good bass. Like the old Peavey though!!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 08:51 PM
RTF

That looks like a great guitar space. I have a little corner set up in my basement with all my guitar stuff - my favorite spot in the house
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 12:46 PM

Reviews: 10

Nice, we all need a man cave
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 03:05 PM

Great stuff here!
We will probably by buying a home next year and I was always inclined towards a condo while wifey is hell bent on a house. Little does she realize that my recent change of mind towards a house, is ONLY to for a man-cave:P Ill take the basement and lock myself in

Tags
studio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode