Guitar World - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Guitar World

O.k I have been thinking about writing to them lately.

What's up with Zakk Wylde in just about every magazine.
O.k he's a good player, but I can't listen to him play, pinched harmonics every other note.
There are so many good players out there and I don't really care to read about Zakk
Wylde every other issue it seems..

And another thing, Eddie has been on at least 22 covers and three of them have been
the King is back or Eddie is back but he hasn't released a single note, just always some gear.
Why is he "back" if he doesn't really do anything, except try to sell shoes or whatever he puts his name on, like the Wah Wah. Don't remember him using one at all...

Now Jimmy Page, he has been on over 19 covers, again a legend but I personally think of
all the players in the world, from Greg Howe, Philip Sayce, Steve Lukather... and so on..
They have to pick the same circle of people to much... I guess that sells magazines.

Anyway Eddie and Page I love but there is more love to go around for other players.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:00 AM

Re: Guitar World

How many magazines are going to sell with Philip Sayce on the cover?

And how many with Page, EVH, or Zakk Wylde?

And then ask yourself whether that answers your question.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

That's true but there are many more that would sell magazines.

Like Jim Root, Steve Morse, Malcolm Young, Pete Townshend, Joe Bonamassa, Mike McCready, Adrian Smith, Billy Corgan....
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Oh and who is on the next cover, of course Jimmy Page in 3D
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armann View Post
Oh and who is on the next cover, of course Jimmy Page in 3D
And they will charge us twice as much
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Haha yeah to get the 3D glasses to read the article
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Haha yeah to get the 3D glasses to read the article
I believe they'll label it as "sold separately" just to force you to cough a little more cash LOL!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Hahaha yeah...

I wish I could afford Guitar Techniques that's a good magazine but it's to expensive.

Guitar World is a good magazine and I'm a subscriber for many years just needed to rant on the cover story selections
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
That's true but there are many more that would sell magazines.

Like Jim Root, Steve Morse, Malcolm Young, Pete Townshend, Joe Bonamassa, Mike McCready, Adrian Smith, Billy Corgan....
and Angus Young
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Reviews: 2

They need to do an annual reader poll on what their buyers really want and go from there.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 AM

i simply quit buying those magazines. Those articles that are worth reading will find their way to the internet and so will the gear reviews and or press releases. I am not saying you should seek out pirated material but one way or another if it is news it will make its way to the net.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 AM

I quit buying American guitar magazines and switched to Japanese mags like Young Guitar and Player. My japanese sucks, but I STILL get more out of them. Better ads to tell me what's new, better pictorials of artists collections, and good tabs of music I might actually think of playing, and GREAT DVD lessons from people who can actually PLAY. Guitar technique still rules in Japan, so I like the content better. Even still, they suffer from the same repeats on the covers. Seems like Paul Gilbert is on the cover every other month, and Kotzen gets the off months. But since THAT'S the kind of stuff I want to listen to, I don't mind so much.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:26 AM

GW is an awful magazine, and it is surprising it is still in print. Pick up a copy of Guitar Techniques, or Total Guitar and compare.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Yeah just bought the newest Total Guitar and it seems as they are trying to stay with the times unlike Guitar World, the problem is that Guitar World is so cheap compared to other magazines... And I like Andy Aledort, he has good accurate tabs unlike for instance Wolf Marshall.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Guitar World is more like Hit Parader than an actual musician's magazine. As an old acquaintance from highschool said:

"You know why Guitar World sucks? You don't even have to play guitar to be able to enjoy it."

This was a pretty apt observation about why Guitar World "sucks".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode