Guitars that are and once were....BYOB - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Guitars that are and once were....BYOB

I think it was over in the JS thread, but recently me and somebody else touched briefly on the guitars we once owned, and how painful it is to think of some of the ones we had to let go. Whether it was for money, wanted something else, or jut plain old stupidity. So I thought I'd compile a list here of all the guitars I've ever owned and remind myself in some cases how dumb I really can be at times.....enjoy.....

Ibanez 540R (hot pink)
Ibanez 540R (jewl red, H-S-S ver.)
Ibanez Pro 580-t (basically a Radius in a sea foam green kinda color, H-S-S
Ibanez JS100 TR
Ibanez JS90th HAM (NOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!)
Ibanez JEM7DBK
Ibanez JEM777VBK
Ibanez RG5XX (purple w/matching mirrored pickguard)
Ibanez PGM30
Ibanez 1521 (white hardtail Prestige model though I may have the wrong model#)
Peavey Wolfgang Special (gold)
Peavey Wolfgang Special (white)
PGM 200 Frankenstein (PGM200 body w/PGM500 neck)
Ibanez RG Swirl (converted to JEM body style w/hot pink, black, and white swirl)

Thats it for now.......wish I still owned every one!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Guitars that are and once were....BYOB

This thread needs pics. ;-)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Reviews: 2

For me it was (believe it or not) an '03 RGT42FM loaded with a Fred and a PAF Joe, 3-way, and a mini DPDT for tapping. I've never had another guitar sound as good......... not even my RGT3120 with the same pups and wiring. I wish I still had pics of it, but they were lost on a hard drive crash.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

I'll upload some later.....
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 AM

This shouldn't be in misc though.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
This shouldn't be in misc though.
Where do you suggest we move it to? I apologize for not putting this in the right spot, but I really didn't see another thread that applied since this can be such a broad topic.....guitar wise ;o)

Last edited by Scott 74; 03-19-2013 at 12:20 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Well the description for this forum is no music, gear, or anything guitar related... So this is probably the LEAST appropriate place to put it..
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Can a MOD please move this to the "Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)". Thats about the most appropriate one I see. That or you can just delete it and I will restart there with pics.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74 View Post
Can a MOD please move this to the "Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)". Thats about the most appropriate one I see. That or you can just delete it and I will restart there with pics.
Don't delete it, a mod will prolly move it for ya prettttty quick!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Fender HM Strat.

PGM30

80's Roadster bass.. just like the one Harris played in the Run to the Hills video.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Guitars I once owned. I have very few regrets that any of these are gone. This is also funny for me because I can watch my photography skills improve over time.

'96 USRG30BT - my first real electric. Sold it in '04 after I hadn't played it in a couple years. It honestly wasn't that great of a guitar. I only missed it until I played some much better Ibanez guitars.

'01 RG3120DR - this was what I bought when I got back into playing. Way better guitar than the USRG. Sold it because I got a J.Custom which was very similar but better.

'04 JCRG8520TB - great guitar that I got for a great price. Kept it until I got a different JC that was again, better.

'05 RG2005-1 - this was really a great guitar. It had a Rick Harris pro setup and was one of the best playing and sounding guitars I had (it had a set of pickups from a J.Custom installed). I sold it because the clear was yellowing, which made the guitar look kind of bad and I was worried it would get worse.

I later put a JEM77VBK neck on it and zebra pickups. You can really get a sense for how bad it was yellowing with the white pickups and white sheet.

Here's a good shot when I sold it, with the original pickups back in.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-19-2014 at 08:23 PM.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM

'91 RBM1CA - this was an absolutely great guitar and is one of my true regrets that I got rid of it. I got an RBM2 and figured that I would never play this one. Dumb move.

'07 JEM77VBK - this was just a donor guitar for the neck. I put the RG2005-1 neck on it and sold it almost immediately.

'91 JEM777DY - this was a player condition guitar that I somewhat restored. I was just never terribly happy with it.

'89 540PWH (repainted SFG) - this was a white guitar that was resprayed in a seafoam green color. I never really liked the color nor was the paintwork top notch. I sold it when I finally scored the same guitar in the color I wanted (DY)

'89 JEM77FP - this was a beater I bought with the idea of stripping and swirling for a GMC. I got a real GMC and sold this, but not before stripping the body.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-19-2014 at 06:52 PM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM

'90 JEM777VBK - this was going to be the neck donor for the GMC project.

'93 RG770BK - I bought this guitar to use as a donor for my "TRON" project (which I'm still working on) but was convinced that it was too nice to sacrifice to a project. The guitar went to Ryc minus the neck, which is really top notch and which I still have. I bought an RG760 which I'm using the body from for the project.

'88 JEM77SK - sold this one to Sebastian here because I found a better one.

'03 RGT3120TV - I never had any intention of keeping this guitar. I bought it because it was in a pink Jem case I wanted and because I knew I could at least break even reselling it. I also snagged the bridge, which was mint and swapped it to a different guitar.

'91 JEM777VBK - yes, I bought another one of these. I still had the stripped FP at the time and decided that I wanted to do a "VLNG" tribute with the front route body and the FP neck. Then I could sell the other guitar to someone wanting to do a GMC replica. Then I got a real LNG and stopped caring about this project.

'91 JEM777VDY - the only reason I bought this guitar was because it was a great deal and I knew Sebastian wanted one. I sold it immediately to him.

There another RG760WH that I bought cheap, stole a few parts and then immediately sold to Ryc. Then there was an '89 RG760HP that I also got real cheap, kept some of the parts and sold the body to Ryc. No pictures of either of those.

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-19-2014 at 06:51 PM.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM

I have had so much gear I let go in past years. The two Ibanez ones I don't have anymore which were keepers were the '81 Blazer 550 and AH-10 Allan Holdsworth model like ad below.

http://www.ibanezwiki.com/display/CA...ldsworth+Model
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Guitars I once owned. I have very few regrets that any of these are gone. This is also funny for me because I can watch my photography skills improve over time.

'96 USRG30BT - my first real electric. Sold it in '04 after I hadn't played it in a couple years. It honestly wasn't that great of a guitar. I only missed it until I played some much better Ibanez guitars.

'01 RG3120DR - this was what I bought when I got back into playing. Way better guitar than the USRG. Sold it because I got a J.Custom which was very similar but better.

'04 JCRG8520TB - great guitar that I got for a great price. Kept it until I got a different JC that was again, better.

'05 RG2005-1 - this was really a great guitar. It had a Rick Harris pro setup and was one of the best playing and sounding guitars I had (it had a set of pickups from a J.Custom installed). I sold it because the clear was yellowing, which made the guitar look kind of bad and I was worried it would get worse.

I later put a JEM77VBK neck on it and zebra pickups. You can really get a sense for how bad it was yellowing with the white pickups and white sheet.

Here's a good shot when I sold it, with the original pickups back in.

Man those are nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode