Had a nightmare last night... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Had a nightmare last night...

Last night I had the most bizarre and terrifying nightmare in years. I've had dreams of dying, losing limbs, people close to me leaving, you know the usual, but this was probably the worst.

Long story short, it was about me checking my facebook and seeing in the news page that "Gathering of G3 musicians tragically die in plane crash over the pacific." When I opened the page it was an obituary for Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and John Petrucci. I remember having an intense feeling of dread, looking over at my guitar on its stand and just sitting there sobbing.

It was so vivid, I woke up and hastily checked the news and wikipedia articles of those guys, quickly becoming calmed realizing it was all just a dream. Then I sat there and pondered the effect of music on the listener. Those guys have been such an inspiration to me in my life, their music always being there for whatever might be happening. The idea, the dream possibility of their nonexistence was too much to handle for the 30 seconds it took me to confirm it was all fake.

For whatever reason, it rekindled an ever more powerful motivation to train to be the best guitarist in the world. To be capable of influencing emotions in people powerful enough to draw tears, whether of joy or sadness. Not that I want people to have a similar nightmare, cause that was awful.

Train hard everyone, be the best you can be. Let your emotion flow from your fingers like an effin majestic river. Make people weep, make people clap, become an inspiration for someone else to be the best they can be. Be the best YOU can be, and then be MORE.

peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Re: Had a nightmare last night...

That would suck!

Once I had a dream that most of my JEMs were stolen or beaten up.
I'd open the case and find nothing in it or a damaged JEM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
That would suck!

jeez that's also terrifying. I'd wake up in a cold sweat hah
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 03:06 AM

Reading this reminded me of Dimebag all over, still hits me hard that he's gone. i never want to read about Steve or anybody else going in crashes or stuff like that, only the normal way- old age

Those last 2 sentences are some of the most inspirational words I have heard in a while. Quite poetic.

You definitely have to never give up and always strive to be the best.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
That would suck!

If you want to beat up your Jem, just loan it to Steve for a few days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode