Half-Life2 Online!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Half-Life2 Online!!

Hey guys...

I've been trying to play Half-Life2 online..

But I can't...I can't connect to servers because my version of the game isn't good...What should I download? Which patches or updates?

BTW....My game isn't original ...where can I find a good key to start playing online?

Thanks

BLAKK:JAKK (haaaaa....Carmen....i love you )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 06:27 PM

Re: Half-Life2 Online!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKK:JAKK
BTW....My game isn't original ...where can I find a good key to start playing online?
That might be the problem .

Regards

André

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Yeah. Pirated versions never work online in this day and age. No key generator will get you online. You gotta get an original copy of the game.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys...That just confirms what I already knew (It's always good to have a second opinion )

And Counter Strike?? And call of duty 2??

Which version can I get to play online? Which patches for it etc?

BLAKK:JAKK
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:45 PM

There are four versions of Counter Strike(1.5, 1.6, Condition Zero, Source). 1.5 is the original, 1.6 is the most common, well known version, CZ has new skins(outfits of "characters") and slightly more detailed maps, and Source is just like 1.6 on steroids. It's much more realistic and the graphics are amazing. I happen to have all four, and man, I can play all day long...xD.

You can purchase them from Steam(assuming you already have it). Or if you can find a good deal at a local store. I got CS Source, DOD Source, and HL2 Lost Coast in a package for $30 at Fry's Electronics which would've cost me atleast $50 to download from Steam.

Cheers
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKK:JAKK
Thanks guys...That just confirms what I already knew (It's always good to have a second opinion )

And Counter Strike?? And call of duty 2??

Which version can I get to play online? Which patches for it etc?

call of duty 2 recently released a patch that does not allow mulitple cd keys to play online, otherwise you could have your friends copy and both play online. and counter strike is similar to HL2 wont work off a pirated version
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrandon101
There are four versions of Counter Strike(1.5, 1.6, Condition Zero, Source). 1.5 is the original, 1.6 is the most common, well known version, CZ has new skins(outfits of "characters") and slightly more detailed maps, and Source is just like 1.6 on steroids. It's much more realistic and the graphics are amazing. I happen to have all four, and man, I can play all day long...xD.

You can purchase them from Steam(assuming you already have it). Or if you can find a good deal at a local store. I got CS Source, DOD Source, and HL2 Lost Coast in a package for $30 at Fry's Electronics which would've cost me atleast $50 to download from Steam.

Cheers

Actually, Beta 1 was the original, released in 1999, when the game was actually good. The best version of Counter-Strike was Beta 5. Anything after Beta 6.5 sucked. CS 1.5 was when it went commercial, and it completely sucks now. The hitboxes are all screwed up, the weapons aren't nearly as good as they used to be. I still play every once in a while, but it doesn't have nearly the attraction that it used to.

BLAKK JAKK, I would suggest you try to download Steam, and go from there. There are plenty of sites you can explore to get you where you're going.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam
Actually, Beta 1 was the original, released in 1999, when the game was actually good. The best version of Counter-Strike was Beta 5. Anything after Beta 6.5 sucked. CS 1.5 was when it went commercial, and it completely sucks now. The hitboxes are all screwed up, the weapons aren't nearly as good as they used to be. I still play every once in a while, but it doesn't have nearly the attraction that it used to.

BLAKK JAKK, I would suggest you try to download Steam, and go from there. There are plenty of sites you can explore to get you where you're going.

Huh, interesting. When you say "hitboxes" do you mean the glitches where you can shoot through certain points in the walls and hit someone if they're in the right spot? If so, they're fine in my opinion. There's atleast two of them on dust2 and they're quite effective.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrandon101
Huh, interesting. When you say "hitboxes" do you mean the glitches where you can shoot through certain points in the walls and hit someone if they're in the right spot? If so, they're fine in my opinion. There's atleast two of them on dust2 and they're quite effective.
The hitboxes are the actual boxes that represent certain parts of the body, ie head, arms, legs, torso, etc. The head hitbox used to be very small, and it was extremely difficult (if not nearly inmpossible) to get a headshot. I would maybe see one or two headshots every other couple of rounds. These days, I get banned all of the time because people think I'm cheating because I'm getting headshots about 80% of the time. It's because I aim for the head, I'm used to the old hitbox where it was nearly impossible to get a headshot, so you had to aim a lot more accurately.

Also, the recoil of the guns used to be impossible to handle. With the AK, you would actually have to aim at their knees, start shooting, and the recoil would bring you up to their torso for a kill. The Colt used to have a scope, and you used to have crosshairs even when zoomed in with AWP or Scout. The P90 used to be one of the best guns, along with the Mac10 in Close Quarter Combat. Now those two guns absolutely suck. Also, the automatic shot gun paired with a deagle used to piss a lot of people off as well. It was spray and pray, with some lethal backup.

I know what you mean about shooting through the walls. There are some great spots on Assault, Italy, etc. where these can be exploited. I could show you a lot of tricks and exploits on maps, like Militia.

There is a guy out there that agrees with me (and a lot of other people) about the beta versions being far superior, and he has even set up his own server only rotating a beta version of the game for people who are interested in playing it how it used to be.

Counter-Strike used to be one of the best first person shooters, if not the best, a long time ago, and it is a shame that so many changes have been made to bring it to where it is today. Just ask anybody in the myg0t clan.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam
The hitboxes are the actual boxes that represent certain parts of the body, ie head, arms, legs, torso, etc. The head hitbox used to be very small, and it was extremely difficult (if not nearly inmpossible) to get a headshot. I would maybe see one or two headshots every other couple of rounds. These days, I get banned all of the time because people think I'm cheating because I'm getting headshots about 80% of the time. It's because I aim for the head, I'm used to the old hitbox where it was nearly impossible to get a headshot, so you had to aim a lot more accurately.

Also, the recoil of the guns used to be impossible to handle. With the AK, you would actually have to aim at their knees, start shooting, and the recoil would bring you up to their torso for a kill. The Colt used to have a scope, and you used to have crosshairs even when zoomed in with AWP or Scout. The P90 used to be one of the best guns, along with the Mac10 in Close Quarter Combat. Now those two guns absolutely suck. Also, the automatic shot gun paired with a deagle used to piss a lot of people off as well. It was spray and pray, with some lethal backup.

I know what you mean about shooting through the walls. There are some great spots on Assault, Italy, etc. where these can be exploited. I could show you a lot of tricks and exploits on maps, like Militia.

There is a guy out there that agrees with me (and a lot of other people) about the beta versions being far superior, and he has even set up his own server only rotating a beta version of the game for people who are interested in playing it how it used to be.

Counter-Strike used to be one of the best first person shooters, if not the best, a long time ago, and it is a shame that so many changes have been made to bring it to where it is today. Just ask anybody in the myg0t clan.

Ah, gotcha. And yes, I certainly agree with you. In my clan server, "n00bs" are constantly getting their panties in a bunch over someone getting a few headshots. 1.6 is definitely about as unrealistic as they get though. But atleast they made Source to bring some dignity back to the game, lol.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:21 PM

is it me or anyone hate camper?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys...lol

Ok I got it...I'm ****ed lol

I want to save money for a new amp...so i won't buy PC games...I was hoping that I could play it with a pirated version lol

Thanks

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:08 AM

Good software deserves to be bought! Especially when you can get the likes of Counterstrike so cheap these days!!

Not that i like conterstrike at all though, but i do know a lot of people do
I havent really enjoyed an online game since the days of the first Unreal Tournament
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGuitar
Good software deserves to be bought!
Dual Rectifiers too

Tags
dual rectifier , dual rectifiers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode