Happy football is starting up!! - Page 4 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Re: Happy football is starting up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'd say I liked the second half very much!
Looked like a great day for football!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Vendor

It was a great 1/2 day for football
post #48 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Anybody watch the Rutgers game last night?

While I'm not a huge sports fan one if the reasons I can't "football" is because it makes me anxious, and then angry if my team dosent win lol.

Aka- last nights game lol
post #49 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

^ Feeling anxious or angry over a collective bunch of pampered, overpaid and morally negligent players is a sad choice.

It's funny how NFL fans live in a vacuum but yet another NFL thug's degenerate behavior reminds me of a Jemsite thread from the past regarding the use of hitting (and you mentioned use of a "switch") to "discipline" kids.

Rich, if AP was an eagle would you be upset that he was now suspended indefinitely?

It sorta boggles the mind how the league turns a blind eye and Roger G. still is commissioner... glen
post #50 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Vendor

Roger sucks the owners thangs enough it'll take a huge controversy to unseat him.

We grew up in a different time. My dad would grab a switch from the bush in the front yard. I felt that maybe twice, but EXCELLENT as a disciplinary tool. I only felt it twice because it taught a good lesson I wasn't learning with a spank.

Today, the US is so pussified I don't have a lot of hope for the future. They're taking all the competition out of youth sports. There are no winners and losers, which means you're teaching everybody to be a looser because you don't know what it means to fight for anything.

In Syria if you get caught stealing you loose the hand you stole with. Right or wrong, that is not a pussified country.
post #51 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
site founder 0% owner

The scales could tip for RG if sponsors speak out like a few did. We can only hope.

In your case your Dad probably had the self-control to whack you in a way to scare yet not hospitalize. Still a bad idea any way you cut it in 1990 or even 2014. In our civilized society beating a kid to the emergency room is a felony. Your dad also prolly didn't have 8-11 kids who he unintentionally fathered. Or people fawning over him since grade school cause he ran with the pigskin.

In the larger sense you are wrong about youth sports though. Being heavily involved it's not the competition or "no winners or losers". Some leagues are "recreational" and some ages should only be recreational (everyone can participate, no tryouts, etc.).

Yes there are many lame parents in the USA who micro manage and insert themselves into everything at every level but your example is not a good one. Carlin has the best pussification skit ever and it's still timely... glen
post #52 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM

While I'm all for 'the punishment should fit the crime', I agree with the 'pussification' of the country.
When my sissy and I would do something we knew we shouldn't, we got a spanking.
When we were too old for spankings, we got grounded and had our 'toys' (video games, computers, music, etc.) taken away from us.
I only got spanked a few times, but it was more than enough. It wasn't even the pain, but the humiliation of being put across my father's knee and getting whacked, in front of my mom and sister.
And being grounded was embarrassing as hell too, "No Melanie, I can't go to 'teen night' at the club with you.....I told mom to 'go **** herself' so I'm grounded for a week."
And while I get disappointed when my team loses, I don't get angry. I'm not a 'rabid fanatic', I'm just a 'fan'.
Besides; these past couple of years I'm getting used to the Giants losing, as I'm sure Eagles fans are used to the Eagles not winning any Superbowls.
As far as getting caught stealing; it's amazing. At Wal*Mart, and this is becoming common knowledge with 'boosters' these days; if you get caught stealing something worth less than $25.00, they simply take you into the AP (Asset Protection) office, take your picture and put it up in the break room (where almost no one will actually look at it anyway) to let the associates know you may be a shoplifter. No prosecution. They won't even ask you to leave the next time you're in the store. Management simply assumes the associates are keeping a close eye on you......like that's going to happen. They have too much to do besides watch all of the potential shoplifters. And most stores only have two or three AP associates. And I worked in a Super Center. Big store, little protection.
I think it's cheaper for them to simply let the shoplifting happen than it is to pay people to actually 'protect the assets'.
I'm a little off topic, I guess, but I think it's a good example of people being lax and allowing bad behavior, and in some ways, practically rewarding it.
I go to my Goddaughter's soccer games, she's 6, and they don't keep score. But I do. And so do many of the parents there. Everyone wins, but after the game we tell her, "Your team scored 4 goals, they scored three, you won!" and that makes her happy.
If her team loses, we still tell her. It makes her sad, but the next time you can see how much harder she tries. What's the point of the game if you don't keep score?
Just let them run back and forth kicking the ball around. No teams, no goals....same thing.
post #53 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
The scales could tip for RG if sponsors speak out like a few did. We can only hope.

In your case your Dad probably had the self-control to whack you in a way to scare yet not hospitalize. Still a bad idea any way you cut it in 1990 or even 2014. In our civilized society beating a kid to the emergency room is a felony. Your dad also prolly didn't have 8-11 kids who he unintentionally fathered. Or people fawning over him since grade school cause he ran with the pigskin.

In the larger sense you are wrong about youth sports though. Being heavily involved it's not the competition or "no winners or losers". Some leagues are "recreational" and some ages should only be recreational (everyone can participate, no tryouts, etc.).

Yes there are many lame parents in the USA who micro manage and insert themselves into everything at every level but your example is not a good one. Carlin has the best pussification skit ever and it's still timely... glen
1990?! Try 1970!

AP was disciplined that way by his father. He saw no wrong in doing the same. I don't know how many kids he has, but really doesn't matter. A trip to the emergency room for a few welts?

Pussification of America in the first degree.

Last edited by Rich; 09-17-2014 at 12:41 PM.
post #54 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
I'm sure Eagles fans are used to the Eagles not winning any Superbowls.
ROTFLMAO. Rich probably just threw his remote at the TV during a nascar replay

Quote:
1990?! Try 1968! :O8:
I know that. My point is just 1-2 decades later it was inappropriate. Times change. for worse and better.

Quote:
AP was disciplined that way by his father. He saw no wrong in doing the same.
Ugh, his father is in prison. Don't rationalizing abuse (physical and mental) please.

Quote:
I don't know how many kids he has, but really doesn't matter. A trip to the emergency room for a few welts? Pussification of America in the first degree.
It matters to sensible people that if you have many kids who you aren't even aware of and who you didn't intentionally father (or help meaningfully raise) then well maybe you are totally UNQUALIFIED as a parent and adult and therefore shouldn't physically discipline the kids you happen to know about.

That isn't pussification of anything. Pussification is making excuses for this abusive psychopath because he said his daddy (in prison) did it or siding with some concussed football deadbeat dad. Pussification is this guy and the league not taking ownership of this problem until a few mega sponsors speak up ...glen
post #55 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Vendor

I like my TV too much to throw a remote at it. I'll just make a joke about her meechy later to even the score. Besides, I am getting used to the Eagles not winning the Superbowl, and the Giants being LOSERS [Cowboys too!]

Have you seen the pictures? The evidence of the so called abuse? I haven't so can't clearly state anything about it. ER doctors have caused more trouble for families by reporting a bruise they actually got falling down as "child abuse". Not to discount many have done great good by reporting real abuse. But it's a double edge sword that cuts on both sides.
post #56 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:57 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
I go to my Goddaughter's soccer games, she's 6, and they don't keep score. But I do. And so do many of the parents there. Everyone wins, but after the game we tell her, "Your team scored 4 goals, they scored three, you won!" and that makes her happy.
If her team loses, we still tell her. It makes her sad, but the next time you can see how much harder she tries. What's the point of the game if you don't keep score?
Just let them run back and forth kicking the ball around. No teams, no goals....same thing.
I'd like to comment on that cause this is a misconception. Some kids know the score and many parents. Great!!! Since i'm licensed to coach & referee youth soccer i'll take a moment to explain (and if you want some good articles to read i'll gladly link)...

At age 6 it's not a "competition" in any way. It's not a REAL SOCCER GAME in any way. Everyone is rotated in the "game and the "game" is just a way to learn to love the sport and be involved and try out some team sports at this developmental age and maybe hopefully foster a love of the game and future participation for when parents can't dictate what activities their children will do.

So at age 6 soccer these kids are playing an adult game of soccer, modified for kids to enjoy. These kids are not mentally or physically ready to play a real adult game of soccer (FIFA rules). Not capable generally of playing a TEAM sport. Said another way coaching to "win" at that age is stupid and pointless. STUPID and POINTLESS. Removing the standings allows the game to be enjoyed & played and learned free of adult nonsense.

Letting the kid's play their game, as intended

So that is the why score is not kept, it's also not a pussification of anything in fact :-)
post #57 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Have you seen the pictures? The evidence of the so called abuse? I haven't so can't clearly state anything about it. .
You're not qualified in any way to make this determination. The photos are moot based on reported clinical evidence.

Quote:
ER doctors have caused more trouble for families by reporting a bruise they actually got falling down as "child abuse". Not to discount many have done great good by reporting real abuse. But it's a double edge sword that cuts on both sides.
That's just BS. Doctors have a legal and moral obligation to report.

Unfortunately you can hardly prosecute domestic violence on an adult. On a kid just as tough. And the jails are full, etc. So it's a bad cycle that won't end until society stops.

Of course you have these people making excuses for the abuser (Ray, Adrian, etc.) in too many cases, calling America pussified when that is true in some degree but not relative to this topic ;-) ... glen
post #58 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Vendor

I'm just as qualified as you are to give my opinion on if I'd consider a switch welt child abuse or the pussification of America

Yes, Dr's have an obligation, but my statement still stands. They've cause as much strife where not deserved as help where deserved.

Did you see me making any excuses for the wife beater?
post #59 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:27 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
I'm just as qualified as you are to give my opinion on if I'd consider a switch welt child abuse or the pussification of America
My license & certification as a physician & thus expert witness in your homestate actually makes me 100% qualified. My "opinion" would be credible evidence in the court of law. Your "opinion" is just your opinion and of course welcome but meaningless. A pussified America still allows freedom of speech and thought, regardless of it's validity or how uninformed said opinion might be

Quote:
Yes, Dr's have an obligation, but my statement still stands.
They've cause as much strife where not deserved as help where deserved.
Please cite your reference or say "i'm really an uninformed dope on this matter". Man up so to speak

Quote:
Did you see me making any excuses for the wife beater?
Was it discussed? Going by what went on clearly the NFL and most of it's sponsors/fans didn't much care until the video surfaced that SHOWED WHAT HE TOLD INVESTIGATORS... HE KO'D HIS GFRIEND. I'm outraged that he didn't lie, told the truth and was babied by Roger & co. from the get go. As inexcusable as Ray's actions were at least he didn't hide from what he did. The NFL did that.

PS - another AP kid allegedly abused/injured by super daddy.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/inves...-old/15693941/

PSS - when can Roger G. discipline Jerry J already?
post #60 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Vendor

So your proof is he hit his head on a carseat while trying to avoid a spanking? Or that spanking is no longer appropriate punishment for children?

Pussification.

Your god complex makes you think you're more qualified than you actually are

We are at least in agreement on Rice and Roger!

Tags
footaball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode