Happy football is starting up!! - Page 5 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Re: Happy football is starting up!!

AP has 7 kids with 5 different women. If anyone needs updates, let me know. That's all anyone is talking about here in the twin cites. We have also been hearing that he stuffed leaves in the kids mouth??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Vendor

If anybody thinks that's worse than having your mouth washed out with Lava soap, I beg to differ. I'll eat leaves anyday [preferably grape leaves, or coco if they're handy!]
post #63 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:03 PM

What about the leaf from my Adam and Eve costume? Would you be willing to cry while eating it?
post #64 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:03 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
So your proof is he hit his head on a carseat while trying to avoid a spanking? Or that spanking is no longer appropriate punishment for children?
Stop the absolutes. I am not showing or trying to show any PROOF of anything. Just citing an article.

Quote:
Pussification.
Your stubborn-ness is legend but this goes beyond that. No need to double-down on stupidity to prove a pointless point.

Quote:
Your god complex makes you think you're more qualified than you actually are
On physical child abuse i qualify as a legal expert. You do not. Nothing you type here will change that fact.

You know me well and i you know i tend to argue with facts not emotion. I also generally don't offer uninformed opinion. This of course often makes me appear obnoxious with a god complex at times :-)

Quote:
We are at least in agreement on Rice and Roger!
Anything short of Roger being terminated is unacceptable. By the time sponsors speak up you already missed the boat and these mistakes can not be undone... g
post #65 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
If anybody thinks that's worse than having your mouth washed out with Lava soap, I beg to differ. I'll eat leaves anyday [preferably grape leaves, or coco if they're handy!]
PSA - ^ Anyone who doesn't know Rich must understand he is NOT this ignorant but won't back down from an argument, facts be damned ;P

One article i read said he jammed the kids mouth with leaves to shut him up during the beating. That is sadistic.... glen
post #66 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Vendor

Here I thought God complex was common to all Doctors

I'm not testifying in court, I don't need to be "legally" qualified. But that doesn't discount common sense and background, which is how people come to their own informed opinions. And you have mine. I could care less if it stands up in a court of law, it stand up in Jemsite

You have girls, I'd expect a completely different POV.

Cid, only if you whip me with a switch!
post #67 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:13 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Here I thought God complex was common to all Doctors

I'm not testifying in court, I don't need to be "legally" qualified. But that doesn't discount common sense and background, which is how people come to their own informed opinions. And you have mine. I could care less if it stands up in a court of law, it stand up in Jemsite

You have girls, I'd expect a completely different POV.

Cid, only if you whip me with a switch!
^ 100% ignorance AND extra bonus.... lacking in common sense. Doesn't "stand up" anywhere even back in the Neanderthal era.

Girls vs boys is moot. My little one is 10x more a handful than most boys I've dealt with. Almost as stubborn as you!

But decency & respect for humans is gender indifferent ...glen
post #68 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
PSA - ^ Anyone who doesn't know Rich must understand he is NOT this ignorant but won't back down from an argument, facts be damned ;P

One article i read said he jammed the kids mouth with leaves to shut him up during the beating. That is sadistic.... glen
Of course, I'm arguing for arguments sake, because I don't know or really care about the details of the case. If he did stuff his mouth the shut him up while he was SPANKED [beating, really? spanking is now flat out beating.....], then yes, that's a little too far. I ate Lava because I said words I wasn't supposed to. Honestly, I'd rather be spanked. Goes away long before the taste of Lava!
post #69 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
^ 100% ignorance AND extra bonus.... lacking in common sense. Doesn't "stand up" anywhere even back in the Neanderthal era.

Girls vs boys is moot. My little one is 10x more a handful than most boys I've dealt with. Almost as stubborn as you!

But decency & respect for humans is gender indifferent ...glen
Sorry, but my opinion is valid. And as I personally know what it's like to have a switch taken to my hide, which I deserved at the time, I believe I have more credibility in this argument than somebody who's so pussified he argues on how correct pand important ussification of America is
post #70 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Vendor

oops, posted twice.
post #71 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Of course, I'm arguing for arguments sake, because I don't know or really care about the details of the case. If he did stuff his mouth the shut him up while he was SPANKED [beating, really? spanking is now flat out beating.....], then yes, that's a little too far. I ate Lava because I said words I wasn't supposed to. Honestly, I'd rather be spanked. Goes away long before the taste of Lava!
Look, back in the day you ate soap to wash your mouth out. OBVIOUS TEACHING MOMENT: talk nice to people or you face consequences. To a kid the bad taste is an obvious and mild consequence. (disregarding fear based motivation is pointless as per previous debate about switches).

Now to cover a kid's mouth (MUZZLE a young kid) while getting beaten is extremely cruel at the very least. Totally unacceptable.

Quote:
And as I personally know what it's like to have a switch taken to my hide, which I deserved at the time, I believe I have more credibility in this argument than somebody who's so pussified he argues on how correct and important the current pussification of America is
I was wacked as a child and if a teacher or police officer today saw it i bet CPS would have been involved. Many (of us older guys here) fall into this category i'm sure. We're not hillbillies so no "switch" (sticks) though. Leather belt (dad) and wooden spoon or other flying object (mom) and eraser & wooden ruler or pointer (nuns @ grade school).

Try harder my friend

Quote:
Sorry, but my opinion is valid.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Opinion
o-pin-ion [uh-pin-yuh n] noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: "to ask for a second medical opinion."
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.:
"to forfeit someone's good opinion."
6. a favorable estimate; esteem: "I haven't much of an opinion of him."

The fact that you still think you deserved to be beaten with a switch is exactly why your opinion falls into the above definition.... yet also makes it worthless to society. Said another way no good can come from you blabbering your "opinion" on this matter.

Tell a lie enough and (to some) it becomes a truth... glen
post #72 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Vendor

What is a law? Somebodies opinion, that they can convince 2/3's of the rest of the delegates is a valid opinion, and therefore, becomes law.

Not sure where "hillbillies" is appropriet when talking about what is PC today [because, you'd be in the wrong!] but hillbillies certainly have no monopoly on the use of a switch, belt, or the shoe your mom used to throw at you

Of course if you were whacked today CPA would be involved, because a parent can't spank their child to discipline them anymore. Because somebody had the opinion we should pussify America and convinced a majority it's was the right opinion, and the law got passed.
post #73 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM

Reviews: 10

hmmm...anyone watch the Monday night game? good close game...looking forward to the Superbowl re-match this weekend =)
post #74 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:30 PM

Hey, leave us 'hillbillies' out of it!
post #75 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:51 PM

You guys both make good points.
I do have to throw this in, if I may;
When I was a kid, since I'm pale and also bruise very easily, bruises look much worse than they actually are. I'd sometimes fall or get hit while playing, whatever, and I'd have a black eye, and/or bruises all over me.
To just about anyone it would have looked like I'd been beaten, but it was just from rolling down a hill, falling off a swing, etc.
The way things are today, every time that happened to me my teachers, or whomever, would have been calling 'Child Services' and reporting that my parents were beating me, and nothing could be farther from the truth. I did have teachers ask me what happened, but they always believed me when I told them the truth of what happened. I think now they wouldn't even ask, just call the authorities automatically.
And I personally believe that spanking helps teach children respect for the rules, and that there are consequences for not following them.
In many cases, simply telling the child that they did the 'wrong thing' and sending them to their room (with their toys and video games and....you get the point) just isn't enough to instill in them any lasting respect for authority.
Even a lot of my friends, who are now either finishing school or should be working, that weren't disciplined as kids, think they can get away with anything and are actually stunned when they find themselves in some sort of trouble.
Case in point: one of my friends decided it would be a great idea to get drunk and drive her four-wheel-drive through a park. Tore the park up, got arrested, cited for drunk driving and destruction of city property.
Had the gall to insist that she was being 'treated unfairly' when they only gave her 30 days of community service (mainly; help clean up the mess she made at the park) and a fine to make restitution for the damage she had done. They even dropped the drunk driving charges down to 'disorderly conduct'. The destruction of property stood though.
This was a couple of years ago and she STILL insists that she got screwed on that deal, no matter how many people tell her she's lucky she didn't hurt anyone, and everyone is surprised that she didn't do even a day in lockup.
Me? I'd never think to do something that stupid (save for get on a quad that I'm terrified of), and if I did, I'd expect to be treated in a manner that fit the crime. I wouldn't expect to get off with even what little she did. I'd be happy if I did, but I would not expect it, and she expected even less repercussions since, and I reiterate, she was barely disciplined as a kid. Spoiled brat, is what she is. To this day. 22 year old spoiled brat.

Tags
footaball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode