Happy football is starting up!! - Page 7 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Vendor

Re: Happy football is starting up!!

We feel his pain.

My left knee hurts too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 10:51 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
She has nothing but a lack of discipline, with her "new age" parenting. And your "opinion" is in direct contrast to the 150 of my relatives present. You lose.

This is a FOOTBALL thread. Obey your own rules and if you want to discuss new age parenting start your own thread about it
Stupidity is contagious. You go girl and F your lame ass relatives I say a bunch of old, lame asses whining about a kid with too much energy. Boo f'n hoo!

Now seriously, you guys are mixing topics though. Kids given too much self esteem is another issue totally unrelated.

Rich and some think corporal punishment is effective. It is not. A quick "attention slap" is not an answer either.

Appropriate read for you rich
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/why...+DeadspinStaff
post #93 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 10:52 PM

I'd be choking you right now if i had two hands. LOL
post #94 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Vendor

I'm done raising kids. Tell it to somebody that cares.

Now, come here and rant all you want about how Jerry must have been smacked around too much as a kid because he's the worst owner/GM in the NFL, otherwise I'll have to ask a moderator to ban you from the thread for constantly going off topic

post #95 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Stupidity is contagious. You go girl and F your lame ass relatives I say a bunch of old, lame asses whining about a kid with too much energy. Boo f'n hoo!

Now seriously, you guys are mixing topics though. Kids given too much self esteem is another issue totally unrelated.

Rich and some think corporal punishment is effective. It is not. A quick "attention slap" is not an answer either.

Appropriate read for you rich
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/why...+DeadspinStaff
That article is about abuse, and I'm totally against abuse.
A 'proper' spanking, or swat on the butt, is not the same as abuse.
Talking to, and even yelling at, your child, depending on the child, is very often ineffective.
When I worked at Wal*Mart, every day some parent would have a child screaming that they wanted something, and the parent would try to 'talk them down'.
It almost never worked.
What I noticed usually did work was a crack on the butt, or even just a raised hand. It got their attention. THEN the talking would work.
Again; I hate an actual abuser, but if the only way to get your kids attention is the threat of, or a 'tiny' slap on the butt, where's the harm?
I'm not advocating hitting your child hard enough to leave marks, but a 'red butt' from a spanking, in my opinion, isn't abuse.
One handed typing is too derned slow.
post #96 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Come on man, that's child ABUSE. That has nothing to do with a spanking when called for. MAJOR DIFFERENCE, at least to the normal world.
post #97 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Come on man, that's child ABUSE. That has nothing to do with a spanking when called for. MAJOR DIFFERENCE, at least to the normal world.
That's the thing though, Rich, to many people, a 'spanking', in their minds, is exactly the same thing. While to others, like yourself, it's totally different. (getting faster)
post #98 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Vendor

Nuns should get their rulers back.
post #99 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Don't judge until you walk in their shoes. Maybe the kid has a neurological issue. How does spanking help ADHD?

I'd have removed the kid, or not taken in the first place. But spanking wouldn't help matters at all. Get real! Not every wild kid is the fault of parents. Use some brainpower ��
ADHD?
I was diagnosed with ADD. Want to know why? I'm sure you do.......
When I was little I liked to focus on what I wanted to focus on, and I didn't want to hear about anything else when I did.
Doctor claimed I had ADD. Mom said, "She's simply hard-headed."
Refused to give me any drugs. When I didn't want to pay attention she would grab my hand, give it a squeeze and say, "Meech, I'm talking to you!" and if I still didn't listen she'd slap my hand or my butt once, and it got my attention.
Didn't take long for me to figure out, 'when mom or dad are talking to me, pay attention!'
I don't remember that, truthfully, but mom told me about it many times. She thinks that was an early sign of how I focus on things I want to learn. Once I get it in my head, I don't deviate unless I really have to.
It wasn't 'attention deficit', it was 'concentrated attention'.
My point? As usual, a little digression; but I think all too often a child is diagnosed with ADD or ADHD or whatever alphabet soup, when they are simply being a kid.
If your 5 year old is hyper, good, he should be. But if he doesn't listen, you need to do something to get his attention, not give him drugs and plop him in front of the TV like a zombie.
post #100 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Nuns should get their rulers back.
Oh, pass on that. I had a Nun in school that didn't think the laws applied to her. Never got slapped with the thing myself. I was too scared of it to ever do anything to make her want to.
post #101 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Vendor

Fear is good.

Talk about child abuse. Let's slap an alphabet soup diagnosis on them and pump them full of drugs to "control" it.
post #102 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:27 PM

Sister Mary-Jerome.
I still get the shakes when I think about her. And that was 15 years ago.
post #103 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Fear is good.

Talk about child abuse. Let's slap an alphabet soup diagnosis on them and pump them full of drugs to "control" it.
Exactly. Did I actually have ADD? Who knows for sure, and I don't care. I can be a little nuts these days, but I'm glad they didn't dope my ability to focus away with drugs. Had they done that I don't think I could have accomplished half of what I did in school. At least, not as quickly, and 'easily' as I did.
I have a friend who's son was diagnosed ADHD. Poor kid just sits there staring at Sesame Street, practically drooling. He was hyper, she couldn't deal with him, now he's a rug ornament.
I hate it.
post #104 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Vendor

Exactly. Drugs should be for consenting adults only
post #105 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Drugs should be for consenting adults only
Speaking of drugs, my arm started killing me when I was pacing dictating to Jeff, so I took a pain killer and I'm feeling it.
Nice to be on the same side of an argument for once, Rich. LOL
Bedtime for Meechy.
Maybe this thread will get back to football, eventually. LOL

Tags
footaball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode