Hate Crime - actually a film thread... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Hate Crime - actually a film thread...

This is totally insane:

http://defamer.gawker.com/50-shades-...y-p-1683492446

Is this for real or is it one of the most creative and downright sneaky advertising campaigns for a movie? Not having read 50 shades, now I want to see the movie just to see if the rumors of the two romantic leads hating each other is true.

With so much money and anticipation on the line, what gives with such unprofessional behavior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 07:09 AM

Re: Hate Crime

Who cares.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Who cares.
That's what I would have thought but I guess this whole thing intrigued me.

I guess if I had to relate this to music, when I grew up I was so astonished to find out how much my favorite childhood band, Kiss, pretty much despised each other. I saw a show right before their original lineup broke up and that band had "chemistry". But even the kids magazines (Creem, Hit Parader, etc) did sometimes portray the tension between frontmen Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. On some level some of us fans were more biased towards Gene and others loved Paul and I only thought theirs was always a friendly rivalry.

Later I liked the Beatles and maybe the tension between John and Paul created some great things though it probably only led them into their 10th year and then kaput. But then look at the Stones.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM

Reviews: 2

I read the title of this thread and though "OH no....here we go"

I'm glad I was wrong but agree with Stealth........
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
That's what I would have thought but I guess this whole thing intrigued me.

I guess if I had to relate this to music, when I grew up I was so astonished to find out how much my favorite childhood band, Kiss, pretty much despised each other. I saw a show right before their original lineup broke up and that band had "chemistry". But even the kids magazines (Creem, Hit Parader, etc) did sometimes portray the tension between frontmen Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. On some level some of us fans were more biased towards Gene and others loved Paul and I only thought theirs was always a friendly rivalry.

Later I liked the Beatles and maybe the tension between John and Paul created some great things though it probably only led them into their 10th year and then kaput. But then look at the Stones.
Funny how the bands you mention are some of the highest selling "superbands" ever........

coincidence??
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I read the title of this thread and though "OH no....here we go"

I'm glad I was wrong but agree with Stealth........
Agreed on all counts... I actually came in here with the anticipation of closing the thread. Instead I'll just change the title...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Agreed on all counts... I actually came in here with the anticipation of closing the thread. Instead I'll just change the title...
I couldn't think of a better name, or I could have said, "Those darn kids just don't get along on the set of that S&M movie"

All the buzz is about how the two leads hate each other. Hate? That's a strong word but I get it with it being about somewhat violent S&M. I thinks this is an advertising scheme to get us to see movie.

I remember when Alec Baldwin did a movie with Kim Basinger and the rumors were that he was kind of abusive to her and the cast and crew. Nobody wanted to hear that and it sounded like gossip. Alec Baldwin, mean? abusive?

But, but, no, Alec Baldwin is THE up and coming dashing young man of Hollywood so why would he be abrasive? But all the abrasiveness paid off big time when he was cast in 30 Rock. I couldn't think of a better a-hole to play the part. Baldwin credited Tina Fey with literally saving his career which it did.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 PM

Re: Hate Crime - actually a film thread...

Oh god

i thought this was one of the few places left where 50 shades couldn't find me

Sometimes with music. the people who make it influence the way you feel about it both good and bad (or just add some backstory to it at least). Other times it doesn't. When I listen to bands who supposedly hate each other Im rather surprised they managed to stay tight and productive, which actually can make me respect them more.

Pop stuff- who gives a ****
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
I couldn't think of a better name, or I could have said, "Those darn kids just don't get along on the set of that S&M movie"
Actually, that would have been better, and certainly more accurate.

Calling it "50 shades of grey - movie" or something more to do with the topic might have been a sensible place to start though...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Actually, that would have been better, and certainly more accurate.

Calling it "50 shades of grey - movie" or something more to do with the topic might have been a sensible place to start though...
I guess I kind of lifted the whole "hate" thing from a similarly titled article squarely from a teenage type social media site. They must have mentioned it, well, 50 times. Though the site is clearly intended and targeted to teenagers, the incredible vulgarity of that site and four letter words made it totally inappropriate to post as a link here. I don't ever remember talking like that as a teenager and certainly no teenager magazine went that far but then again I am from Tiger Beat and 16 Magazine generation.

It should have been like you said, "50 Shades of Grey...behind the scenes" or "that darn co-star really meant to use a whip".

Last edited by 63Blazer; 02-18-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Tags
50 shades of grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode