Hearing Problems - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Hearing Problems

Any of you rockers out there got Tinnitus?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM

Re: Hearing Problems

I'm not sure if it's Tinnitus, but I'll find out next Wednesday

Yeah I have severe ear problems.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

It is something I have got used to now. I wear Plugs (vented Doc's) and it has not really get any worse, Certain frequencies are a pain but it is something I can live with.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Yeah, my ears are constantly cracking and making a gush noise. It's preventing me from playing in bands at the moment. Even if I did I'm going to end up having to use big ear muffs, so I'll look like a complete Gilbert wannabe, I'll just need the spacesuit, lol

I found a great site about hearing problems, I'll post the link here when I find it again.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:01 PM

Here we go http://www.hyperacusis.net/ a wealth of information and support. I only found it this afternoon so I haven't read everything yet, but it looks like a great site.

I'll end wearing these http://www.ebrookes.co.uk/?c=1401
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:09 PM

I have a bit of it. It comes and goes this high pitch tone.

Regards

André

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
Yeah, my ears are constantly cracking and making a gush noise. It's preventing me from playing in bands at the moment. Even if I did I'm going to end up having to use big ear muffs, so I'll look like a complete Gilbert wannabe, I'll just need the spacesuit, lol

I found a great site about hearing problems, I'll post the link here when I find it again.
What's wrong with looking like Pablo . Best of luck to you next Wednesday.

Regards

André

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:16 PM

Cheers Andre
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM

I have had constant ringing ears for a very long time. Maybe I should check up on it, eh?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy43
I have had constant ringing ears for a very long time. Maybe I should check up on it, eh?
DEFINITELY, get them check out or you'll regret it.

It's true what they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. I really miss being able to crank my music but that's the price you pay for not looking after them.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 06:29 PM

I had a ringing in my ear after a show where I saw some local bands. It actually lasted for a while and I had partial loss of hearing in the ear but my ear seems to have recovered now. I'm not going to take any chances from now on because I can't afford to lose my hearing. I'm going to look into some sort of small earbuds or something that don't block out all the noise but dampen it enough to where it doesn't hurt the ear.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 PM

What??

Just kidding. I've got a bit of ringing most times - it's not bad, but it's there. Too many shows with no hearing protection. Once I clued in and started wearing plugs, things actually sounded a lot better.

I used to do a lot of shooting as well, though I usually wore at least one level of plugs then. Now when I shoot, I've always got plugs and muffs. Can't be too careful, folks.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 05:33 PM

I've got it in both ears. I've had it since i was a kid. I don't remember what silence sounds like. Interestingly enough my hearing is "perfect". I just had it tested.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 01:28 PM

Yeah I've got a quiet constant ringing, though I can only hear it right before I go to sleep, very rarely in the daytime. I've got severe ringing still from the Trivium show last night, so it's given me a taste of what's to come if I don't take more care I suppose.

Hopefully it'll be gone in a few days like it usually does. Unfortunately its not the kind of concert you can safely wear earplugs to; they'd just end up getting yanked out by all the people thrashing about. Really need to start wearing them all the time at band practice though.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 12:36 AM

Unfortunately, I am a member in this thread, I have constant problems. When I play in my band now and in the past I wear ear plugs. Most of the damage came from when I would go see local bands play in the Philly area I wouldn't wear plugs because I didn't want to look like dork. But now I look like a dork when I'm in large crowds & I can't understand what some of the people are saying because of the overall back ground noise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode