Help me name my guitar - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Help me name my guitar

I have 2 guitars I want names for, but I don't have a name for then. I've had one for 2 years now, and my 1570 for a few months.

The oldest one is a white rg with white sustainer, so it's a bit if a FLO look alike

My other is a practically stock 1570 in black.

I haven't been able to think of a name that comes to mind while playing them, so maybe you guys can help me.

What are some non- lame names. Something not taken already. I'm not looking to write it under the trem or anything. Just like putting it I'm the side so I can JD it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 11:09 PM

Re: Help me name my guitar

Black and white eh.....

Yin and Yang, Crockett and Tubbs, Riggs and Murtaugh, Bird and Magic, Agent J and Agent K
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 11:17 PM

Haha- Crockett and Tubbs. Love it!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 03:44 AM

I named my guitar after my fav JAV idol.
well, not really... since all my Ibanez are japan made, I named them with Japanese girls name.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:29 PM

If they need names, they'll come to you in due time. I wouldn't just choose something arbitrary.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM

They are too nice to name... lol.

Just like cars, old junky ones that you have to talk to in order to keep them running, or cuss at them when they break, get names... not brand new nice ones.

Otherwise you can do like you do when you name a pet... just whatever you start calling them will probably stick.

I had an old '69 Triumph T100 500cc twin motorcycle that kept breaking down on me so I gave it the worst name for a motorcycle that I could think of... Veronica. It stuck... and I wish I had her back now.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 PM

Moving to chat, as this is the 'No guitars, etc. " section

On topic, I don't even name all my pets so only one of my guitars has a name (sponge bob). That one really named itself though.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 07:37 PM

Reviews: 6

In the tradition set by some of the other posters, how about .....

Lando and Han
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM

Reviews: 21

Play your guitar enough and it will tell you its name.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Ommmmmmm
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I've played my white one exclusively for 2 years,for probably four hours a day, about five or six days a week. It never gave me a name

I've been trying to find ones forever but they never came. There are some good ideas here though. Maybe my guitars are just better off not being named.

I'll give my 1570 some time
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
They are too nice to name... lol.

Just like cars, old junky ones that you have to talk to in order to keep them running, or cuss at them when they break, get names... not brand new nice ones.

Otherwise you can do like you do when you name a pet... just whatever you start calling them will probably stick.

I had an old '69 Triumph T100 500cc twin motorcycle that kept breaking down on me so I gave it the worst name for a motorcycle that I could think of... Veronica. It stuck... and I wish I had her back now.
My sustainer guitar is so beat up it looks like evo, and it breaks every other day. I hate it and I love it, and it undoubtedly hates me. The other day I was pulling up on the bar eh, probably about an octave or so, and the body finish cracked right through. It's one long stress crack that runs through the smaller horn almost to the bottom by the jack. It's not structural, I chipped away some paint where it cracked and it wasn't the body. But I still cursed
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle am I View Post
My sustainer guitar is so beat up it looks like evo, and it breaks every other day. I hate it and I love it, and it undoubtedly hates me. The other day I was pulling up on the bar eh, probably about an octave or so, and the body finish cracked right through. It's one long stress crack that runs through the smaller horn almost to the bottom by the jack. It's not structural, I chipped away some paint where it cracked and it wasn't the body. But I still cursed
Now THAT sounds like a guitar with personality!! Definitely deserves a name...
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 11:11 AM

I call mine 'Bleeeeew' and 'Pinky'.
2009 RG1550 in Phantom Blue, and a 1990 RG550 in Coral Mist.
Maybe name the one that keeps breaking, 'Nemesis'. Sounds like it's giving you non-stop problems so....or how about 'Lazarus'? As it could be said it 'comes back from the dead'. Just silly suggestions.
Not sure about the other one though. Sometimes names just come out of the blue. That's how mine got named. First the 1550 was just 'my guitar', then when I got the 550 it became 'the blue one' and 'the pink one', then it just evolved from there.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Ebony and Ivory.

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode