Ibanez JEM Forum banner

High profile or famous jemsite users that you know of

5K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  fwd0120 
#1 ·
Whilst browsing the adverts on jemsite i noticed a bass for sale, not unusual you say. However i did notice that this Bass however was i a particular DVD that i own "Onslaught live Polish Assault" and the user name was such that it could only be one man. Jeff Williams of UK Thash metal legends Onslaught.

So who else do you know of that is a high profile jemsite user with exception to Mr Vai?

"Jemsite where the stars hawk their guitars!"

#23 ·
I just watched those, and can't figure out why you're thrashing him for it. Sure, it's not technically "perfect," but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. I think Herman demonstrates the technique just fine, and anybody trying to learn it will be successful with practice.

#28 ·
sorry if it sounded a bit like whining :oops:. i was just going to leave it at the first post. but i wasn't really expecting anyone to reply.i'm not saying herman is a terrible player he's ok. but i have a very high standard on famous players if they're using more advanced techniques.again sorry about my guitar ocd as i call it.

#32 ·
Afterall, Herman's the one playing guitar in a world famous band, touring the world, with his own Ibanez signature model and having a great time.

And we're the ones offering lame critique of his playing which is probably a lot better than at least 50% of the folks' on this site.

I love the internet and it's population of armchair rockstars!!! :rolleyes:

#36 ·
I personally don't give a crap if someone's famous or not.
Whether it's EVH or Herman Li and Sam... I'd tell them straight up to their face...
YOU PLAY LOTS BETTER WHEN YOU DON'T DRINK!
Dragonforce ain't my cup of tea but when they're on, Herman and Sam are friggin' awesome. I know a lot of it is the lifestyle but, $hit, it's not like they're in The Ramones or anything. It's hard to play complicated stuff when you're sober as it is.
That's my $0.02.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.